Singapore Expats

Chances of getting EP

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ponic

Post by ponic » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 7:16 pm

What happend to your EP? Did you get?

I waiting for my EP

pparthiv

Post by pparthiv » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 7:46 pm

Same here. I am still waiting for the same.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:11 pm

Plavt wrote:
jpatokal wrote:I had to look this up on
Wikipedia
before I understood what you're talking about. So in the rest of the world, the degree is what you study for at a university for X years, and the diploma is the piece of paper you get when you complete it. In India, a "diploma" seems to be some sort of sub-bachelor's degree, which probably won't count as higher education in Singapore.
This is not what the OP has said or even so much as implied.
Correct. Now, where did I say that the OP said or even implied that?
The university from where I have diploma is listed in the MOM site where as the university from where I have a degree is not listed in the MOM
He/she has taken the degree and diploma at two different faculties.
Correct. And I didn't understand what he was talking about, because on the three continents where I've done my studies... (press repeat button) the degree is what you study for at a university for X years, and the diploma is the piece of paper you get when you complete it. So I'm now enlightened that in India this is, indeed, not the case, which just goes to show that even us moderators don't know everything.

Now, did you have a point or are you just grinding your axe again?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:08 am

jpatokal wrote:
Correct. Now, where did I say that the OP said or even implied that?
Grinding my axe? looks very much like you are grinding yours.:roll:
which just goes to show that even us moderators don't know everything.
You can say that again.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 2:07 pm

As a dumb ole farmboy, having a daughter here who has survived the Singapore school system and is now doing further educational studies I have found out that Universities (some not all) sometimes confer diplomas for courses that are also used towards eventual degrees (counted towards the total points). As an example you can get a diploma from MDIS, advanced diploma AND a degree in Journalism from MDIS's affiliate The University of Oklahoma. While the Diploma is from MDIS, the Adv Dip is from UO as is the degree. The difference is 2 years of study. Additionally, quite a few universities offer Post Graduate Diplomas as well in related fields of study after you have complete your basic degree.

Anyway, life's too short........
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

inkie

Post by inkie » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 1:49 am

Hello,
I was wondering if they really looked at the listing of universities made by the MOM for the delivery of the EP?
I'm from Belgium and I checked the list. Was quite surprised by their choice: the two universities listed from Belgium aren't the "top" ones, far from it. And I'm not just saying this because mine isn't listed :wink:.
Hope it works out for you all!

ponic

Post by ponic » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 8:33 pm

Hello pparthiv,

Did you get your EP?