Singapore Expats Forum

Good chinese food delivery in East Coast?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
erick_p

Good chinese food delivery in East Coast?

Postby erick_p » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 7:59 pm

I am interested in ordering home delivery of international style chinese takeout -- stuff like fried noodles, green veggies ('pak choi with garlic'), chop suey etc -- not some of common mucousy original chinese stuff found in food stalls here. Any idea if there's a restaurant that delivers this type of stuff? Pizza Hut is such a rip off in this city for pizzas that are nothing much to write home about. McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut...these are the only services I know of that deliver. Thanks for any pointers!

jpatokal

Re: Good chinese food delivery in East Coast?

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:01 pm

This is not going to help you answer your original question, but...

erick_p wrote:...not some of common mucousy original chinese stuff found in food stalls here.

You're losing out a lot by thinking this way. Yes, real Chinese food is very different from the chop suey crap you're dished out in the West, and it takes a while to learn to appreciate it, but a billion people love it for a reason and now I'm hooked on the stuff. Yong tau foo and hokkien mee and bak chor mee and steamboat and xiao long bao and dim sum and... <drool>
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

erick_p

Postby erick_p » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:11 pm

No, no, I *love* the original Chinese food found in Singapore. But sometime the heart desires other stuff. Hence the question.

alamaknasilemak

Re: Good chinese food delivery in East Coast?

Postby alamaknasilemak » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 4:34 pm

erick_p wrote:I am interested in ordering home delivery of international style chinese takeout -- stuff like fried noodles, green veggies ('pak choi with garlic'), chop suey etc -- not some of common mucousy original chinese stuff found in food stalls here. Any idea if there's a restaurant that delivers this type of stuff? Pizza Hut is such a rip off in this city for pizzas that are nothing much to write home about. McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut...these are the only services I know of that deliver. Thanks for any pointers!

Dude, the Asian food you get here are the authentic stuff. Hmm, don't think you can get international style type of takeout in this part of the world (Chinese food cooked in a white man's land is kinda yucky tho) but nonetheless, you can check out this website http://www.dabao.com.sg/

Tell them you want to order from the most horrible tasting shop and that should be as close as you could get to international-styled Chinese food :D

Hope this helps :wink:

I live in the East Coast area too and try from the seafood stalls at the Lagoon. The garlic veggies are the best next to Teddy's Chicken Wings.

erick_p

Postby erick_p » Wed, 29 Aug 2007 6:16 pm

This is super, thanks so much!!