Singapore Expats

Assistant Brand Manager at MNC's Singapore Office

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Johnny

Post by Johnny » Sat, 04 Sep 2004 2:34 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone have an idea as to what an assistant brand manager in the FMCG sector could expect to earn in Singapore? The company in question has advertised for the job in Australia and wants to send an Aussie over there. Would it be more or less the same as what would be paid in Australia only in SGD?
Thanks and regards,
Aussie Johnny

Mike A

Asst Brand Manager

Post by Mike A » Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:28 pm

Johnny,

Between Singapore $50- $60k but you will want accom thrown in min $1500 per mth to ensure you live a reasonable standard of living. Note if like going out partying, drinking is expensibe... at least double OZ.
Good luck

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Sun, 05 Sep 2004 2:43 pm

Thanks Mike,

I'm only in the interview stage at the moment but if they offer me the job, I will keep accommodation (expenses) in mind. You are probably right, between 50-60k SGD. I don't know if they would give me an extra 18,000 per annum for accommodation though. Would I live reasonably well in Singapore with 3500 SGD left over per month after I've paid rent?

Regards,
Johnny

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:20 pm

worried, you missed the point. "Mandarin speaking only" doesn't mean they want somebody who speaks Mandarin, it means they want somebody who is Chinese. So you don't need to learn a third language, you won't get the job anyway :roll:

bobydavid71

Post by bobydavid71 » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 4:54 pm

Hi every body

We can find this info by using search box in the top of website

or use term: keywords site:abc.com at Google.com. Google is everything.

We also find more at: brand manager job description

Best regards
Last edited by bobydavid71 on Fri, 22 Jan 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 5:30 pm

bobydavid71 wrote:Hi every body

We can find this info by using search box in the top of website

or use term: keywords site:abc.com at Google.com. Google is everything.

Best regards
\:D/

And the award for the most weird posting of the year goes to.............

romanopizza

Post by romanopizza » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 2:06 am

Hey Aussie Johnny,

Did you end up landing the job?

Im moving to Singapore later next month - looking for work in Advertising and brand management. Let me know if you learned some tips you want to share!

Where in oz are you from? I'm from Canada but did an exchange in Brisbane...miss it loads.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 7:01 am

romanopizza wrote:Hey Aussie Johnny,

Did you end up landing the job?

Im moving to Singapore later next month - looking for work in Advertising and brand management. Let me know if you learned some tips you want to share!

Where in oz are you from? I'm from Canada but did an exchange in Brisbane...miss it loads.
I worry about the company that is picking you up for advertising. You don't seem all that observant so I'm not sure how effective you will be a picking up trends. The posts you are replying to are OVER 5 years old! :roll:

Hope they aren't paying you all that much cause it's gonna really impact their bottom line.

Edited to add: just read your other post, it seems you don't have that position yet. You might be well placed to stay where you are at the moment until you learn to read more carefully. Otherwise, they are gonna eat you for lunch here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

romanopizza

Post by romanopizza » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 7:37 am

I did see that it was an older post, but this is an open forum without closing dates, is it not? Don't see why you get uptight over someone else's curiosity...
And I do know it's a hit or miss...some of us take risks while others sit in comfort.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 8:59 am

Of course you are right. Lots of people read this forum, including lot's of employers........

Aussie Johnnie wasn't even a registered member to boot. Nevermind.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers