Singapore Expats Forum

cheap cigarettes

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

aryana

cheap cigarettes

Postby aryana » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 7:55 pm

i have been in singapore for four days now.

everyhing has been fine, i have found myself decent accomodation close to my college etc etc. been in the MRT, in the buses, seen a bit of the city. Everything is fine - but for one thing - the astronomical price of cigarettes.

Does someone know a place in Singapore where cigarettes are available at affordable rates?? Can Cigarettes be bought from malayasia and gotten into Singapore for cheaper??

How about the option of having them posted from India?? is that against the law??

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 9:18 pm

Smuggled only. But the risks are damned high and no, there are no inexpensive cigarettes here anymore unless you want to smoke Beedis which I doubt. Then again, you are asking about bringing them in from india which is where Beedi's come from. But you can buy them most anywhere in indian sundry stores.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Re: cheap cigarettes

Postby Splatted » Fri, 24 Aug 2007 1:40 am

aryana wrote:Can Cigarettes be bought from malayasia and gotten into Singapore for cheaper??

Yes, at your own risk.

The prices are a full 50% cheaper than Singapore prices.

If you personally carry more than one single open packet across the border and get caught there are stiff penalties.

Perhaps pack the car with a few non-smokers, and get them to carry an open packet each for you?

You can make an evening of it, eat seafood at 50% Singaporean prices, and then refuel the car for much less, before heading back home.

blueibmer

Postby blueibmer » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 2:09 pm

visit ***** rd near *******... buy at your own risk... cigarettes from malaysia/indonesia at 5$ a pack.. the sellers have a huge plastig bag filled with marlboro reds/lights(the most sought after)/texas brands of cigarettes... if you have a tinted car, it's better... personally, i just bought for curiosity... rather lessen smoking than to get caught with smuggled stuff :) peace everyone!

EDIT: can't post the place anymore. my conscience is so strong to save you guys the hassle from the police... i dont wish to promote smuggling in this site... thanks for understanding... :)
Last edited by blueibmer on Thu, 30 Aug 2007 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Re: cheap cigarettes

Postby Superglide » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 2:23 pm

aryana wrote:i have been in singapore for four days now.

everyhing has been fine, i have found myself decent accomodation close to my college etc etc. been in the MRT, in the buses, seen a bit of the city. Everything is fine - but for one thing - the astronomical price of cigarettes.

Does someone know a place in Singapore where cigarettes are available at affordable rates?? Can Cigarettes be bought from malayasia and gotten into Singapore for cheaper??

How about the option of having them posted from India?? is that against the law??

Thanks.

You sound like a panicking chain smoker who is naive to the bone.

muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby muratkorman » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 2:44 pm

Quit smoking. You will put yourself into trouble if you try to pass from Malaysian border to Singapore with non-declared cigarettes. They make spot checks, if you consider yourself lucky, give a try.
With my kind regards

Murat Korman