Singapore Expats

What cause ingrown hairs on legs?!

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
shiriai

What cause ingrown hairs on legs?!

Post by shiriai » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:57 pm

:???: actually......... what caused ingrown on legs??? is it due to incorrect way of waxing the legs (carried by therapist) OR insufficient scrubbing (i.e. in circular motion thrice per week) OR wrong scrub OR wrong moisturiser OR wrong way of applying moisturiser OR what???? gosh, its bothering me for yearss.. gosh.

me thinking..... is it the more we moisturise the skin will grow move faster than hairs & cover it thus resulting in ingrowns or what? sobbb, 'cause when I see those ingrown hairs, I dont dare to apply more than once per day

sincerely hope for kind experienced souls' help on my doubts

welcome any recommendations related to the above topic

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:52 pm

Ingrown resulting from waxing is because the hair follicle is irritated. Dead cells accumulate at the site of the irritation and can form bumps while the skin healing. While this continues any hair in the area can get trapped under the formation and is prevented from exiting the skin properly. Ingrown hair is the result.

Exfoliate often to release the trapped hair. Gentle cleansing and keeping the skin smooth and supple works well to keep the hair follicles moisturized and growing in the right direction.

You can release the trapped hair with a tweezer but dont pull the hair out, it may make it worst when the hair grows again. Try giving waxing a rest until your skin has healed.

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”