Singapore Expats Forum

Help re finding a family guidance counsellor in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

SunnyinDubai

Help re finding a family guidance counsellor in Singapore

Postby SunnyinDubai » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 3:29 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but will try anyway. A very good friend has asked me to point her in the right direction re finding a family counsellor in Singapore as she is having problems with her parents and needs them all to go for counselling sessions to work out their issues. The whole situation is getting to the point that the relationship is going to breakdown to a point that they may never be repaired and that is not what she wants. She is not sure where to start looking for help and has asked me if I am aware of any counsellors that can help here. As you can tell, I am not in Singapore at the moment but have said I will try to help her. Does anyone have any ideas as to where she can get the help she and her family needs? Thanks.

SunnyinDubai

Postby SunnyinDubai » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 4:21 pm

Sprite - thanks for the PM - unfor I cannot reply back via PM as I have not posted enough on here as yet.

Friend and family are locals - so thanks for the suggestion but they might find it easier to speak to a local counsellor. Think that due to everything that is happening, she just needs someone who can try and find someone for them and hence has asked me to help so here I am.

PS - when can I start using the PM facility??

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 4:54 pm

SunnyinDubai

Your PM function will automatically activate once you have reached 5 posts. This is primarily to deter spammers. You can read PM's but you cannot send them until the magic number is reached.

SunnyinDubai

Postby SunnyinDubai » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks sms...well I am up to 3 posts so only 2 more to go....

SunnyinDubai

Postby SunnyinDubai » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:00 pm

Anyone?? :(

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:41 am

Tell your friend to try Rotary, I know they have some forms of counselling but not sure if they do family counselling or not.

SunnyinDubai

Postby SunnyinDubai » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:43 pm

Thansks...will ask her to look into it. :)

thesicks13

Postby thesicks13 » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:52 pm

also try www.hdap.com

I can recommend them.