Singapore Expats

Airport JObs

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Des
Regular
Regular

aNYway many are Quitting

Post by Des » Fri, 04 Apr 2008 8:02 pm

Well Pals... U wanna join PSERV as CSO can, penalty and management got to stand... anyways many are quitting and more are recruited.... hahaha

maine_loop

Post by maine_loop » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 5:11 pm

hi, can anyone tell me more abt the work @ SATS as CSA... cos i receive their call n gotta sign contract with them very soon n @ the same time im a fresh graudate from ite... n my applicantion for poly in successful... just need some feedback in making decision within the two of them... i've read some of the post saying SATS, P srv is ....
so wat shld i do.... anyone can HELP me....pls!!!

Des
Regular
Regular

SATS ---)CSA

Post by Des » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 8:26 am

pls read thread and do research more, anw job ok lor, timing you got to get use of shift works...

Des
Regular
Regular

staffs price

Post by Des » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 8:32 am

JerBearo wrote:eh btw, all this airport jobs.. like SATs n whatsoever.. they have parttime/ too?

hmm~ i thought of going for those cheap cheap food & beverage inside airport. haha..

any lobang? Partime?
Anw wanna grab for food can latest info update staffs price at canteen went up... hehehe

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 9:16 pm

maine_loop wrote:hi, can anyone tell me more abt the work @ SATS as CSA... cos i receive their call n gotta sign contract with them very soon n @ the same time im a fresh graudate from ite... n my applicantion for poly in successful... just need some feedback in making decision within the two of them... i've read some of the post saying SATS, P srv is ....
As what i can say CSA neither CSO job like a "MADDOG", Run here n there, it cant give u so much benefits, what do u think?? u work like hell and if there's a flight delay u have to wait, u have to STD around 15mins if u late u gonna get "F**ck"! If someone cant make it u have to do for them... especially for new people who just join SATS, just be by yourslf and dun bother wot so eva shiit those "OLD TIMER" gonna said.. tell them wotsoeva it is you guys are wrk to get paid too so no one have the right to pressure and give u to do all the tasks that u're not supposed to do!

Be confident in everything u do and get rid of all this parasite!

btw u have a gd life ahead beb, dun watse ur time wrkin with SATS la....
if u cant stand with the job u have to pay the bond ok....

Go and get something better to do la dei! u better go and concentrate with ur Poly... this kind of job only meant for those who have no life!

lol :lol:
LIFE ON EARTH IS TEMPORARY, AND DEATH IS A CERTAIN REALITY

curiousitycat

Post by curiousitycat » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 1:42 pm

maine_loop wrote:hi, can anyone tell me more abt the work @ SATS as CSA... cos i receive their call n gotta sign contract with them very soon n @ the same time im a fresh graudate from ite... n my applicantion for poly in successful... just need some feedback in making decision within the two of them... i've read some of the post saying SATS, P srv is ....
well the person above me kinda said it all but let me give you my POV too.

I joined SATS, and was under Singapore Airlines division. So means most if not all of the flights i handle are either SQ or silk air. but you can get posted anywhere its up to them to decide.
Their shift work is crazy. most of my shifts started at 4am
9hrs. 1hr break, 8hrs standing/running around and sometimes they'd even forget to give you breaks ( if they don't like you, it happens alot lol ).

On an unlucky day - you get 5flights arrival/departure that either are delayed aka wait for anywhere between 30mins to 1hr. and if the flight is delayed you gotta prepare alot of stuff , its not just waitin' for the plane to land. signages , tickets, blabla. you may get flights at opposite ends of the terminal. meaning you really gotta walk dam far la. like eg. one at gate F60, next flight arrival E 28. this one really suay ( bad luck ) but I've gotten it before. and if its back to back, you gotta run for it. not uncommon seeing CSA's run like mad.
Not all passengers are friendly, you may have a headache with passengers who choose to take their time boarding flights ( so you have to literally go out and look for them ) etc.
and if you do departure, and you get a miscalculation somewhere, you have to literally recount everything and sometimes on a bad day, no one wants to help you.

On a good day - same 4/5 flights either most arrival or most departure. close by - good thing. normal shift hours. with break. and work with colleagues that don't want to rip your face out because they think they're better than you.

3weeks training / 4 weeks ( cant remember ) , 3 months trainee tag.
after that you get your own tag. trainers are lovely.
working on ground is the scary bit.

anything else you want to know just ask :)

maine_loop

Post by maine_loop » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 2:34 pm

hey thank you SO much for giving me all this info... really appreciate it... :D now i can make my decision alr... :lol:
thank you

curiousitycat

Post by curiousitycat » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 4:21 pm

hehe nps.
think twice about the bond too..
cos if you're unhappy you cant leave any ol' how.

so would you be signing on?

maine_loop

Post by maine_loop » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:35 pm

:) nope... i called them today regarding my case... but i din directly speak to the person in charge cos she is on mc, but i spoke to another person instead... just worried tt the msg doesn't reach her... n they call mi up again... ~cross finger.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 2:46 am

curiousitycat wrote:On an unlucky day - you get 5flights arrival/departure that either are delayed aka wait for anywhere between 30mins to 1hr. and if the flight is delayed you gotta prepare alot of stuff , its not just waitin' for the plane to land. signages , tickets, blabla. you may get flights at opposite ends of the terminal. meaning you really gotta walk dam far la. like eg. one at gate F60, next flight arrival E 28. this one really suay ( bad luck ) but I've gotten it before. and if its back to back, you gotta run for it. not uncommon seeing CSA's run like mad.
Haha I remember this. I was working under agent for SATS and did arrivals for 5 months before I joined Silkair about 2 years ago. Imagine getting like 8 arrivals in an 8 hour shift. I started to get the skill of running on heels. And I mean it! I could actually run as if I were wearing sneakers. Haha! And yes running from F60 to E28 to F42 to E7 was no joke. It was crazy but I personally think it was fun.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

maine_loop

Post by maine_loop » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 4:23 pm

thank u so much i can now finally concentrate on my poly... :D

Des
Regular
Regular

well done

Post by Des » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 5:19 pm

maine_loop wrote:thank u so much i can now finally concentrate on my poly... :D
you made the right choice babe...

curiousitycat

Post by curiousitycat » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 4:30 pm

Haha I remember this. I was working under agent for SATS and did arrivals for 5 months before I joined Silkair about 2 years ago. Imagine getting like 8 arrivals in an 8 hour shift. I started to get the skill of running on heels. And I mean it! I could actually run as if I were wearing sneakers. Haha! And yes running from F60 to E28 to F42 to E7 was no joke. It was crazy but I personally think it was fun.[/quote]

lol now they mix it up, no one does just arrivals or deps anymore.
but yeah there was one day i got stuck with 4arrivals back to back, and last one dep. F60 - E20 , F42 Channel A - E 28 , F 55 delay 1hr
omg. lol
i also learned to master that art :D
at first when i started workin there i wondered how they can run so expertly on the travellators lol, then i experienced it myself :D
run from gate to gate, up and down the ramps leading to the planes, run back n forth from the office to the gate cos someone forgot something lol

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 4:38 pm

curiousitycat wrote:lol now they mix it up, no one does just arrivals or deps anymore.
but yeah there was one day i got stuck with 4arrivals back to back, and last one dep. F60 - E20 , F42 Channel A - E 28 , F 55 delay 1hr
omg. lol
i also learned to master that art :D
at first when i started workin there i wondered how they can run so expertly on the travellators lol, then i experienced it myself :D
run from gate to gate, up and down the ramps leading to the planes, run back n forth from the office to the gate cos someone forgot something lol
Oh coz I don't know why they kept postponing my departure training that when I finally got the date, I was gonna join Silkair already. So that's why I did arrivals only. It's an art isn't it? Whoever can run in heels so fast? Only those who have worked in Singapore Changi Airport. Lol!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

curiousitycat

Post by curiousitycat » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 4:53 pm

Oh coz I don't know why they kept postponing my departure training that when I finally got the date, I was gonna join Silkair already. So that's why I did arrivals only. It's an art isn't it? Whoever can run in heels so fast? Only those who have worked in Singapore Changi Airport. Lol![/quote]

haha we run like our lives depended on it. and sometimes it seems like it cos will kena scolded if late lol.
so..
this i have't 100% agree. heels and skirt without falling and on travelators / in crowds / from f to e.. def. an art.
cheers babe ~ rofl.