Singapore Expats Forum

Appeal for Eyewitness(Stadium Rd Accident 01.08.07 after The

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Clinch

Appeal for Eyewitness(Stadium Rd Accident 01.08.07 after The

Postby Clinch » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 3:43 pm

Hi People,
I need your help on this. Date:1August2007 Time: Roughly 11.45pm Event:After the Cures concert.

Regarding an accident involving a green TW200 and a Grey Toyota along Stadium Drive Road 1 near Nicol Highway Filter lane(Opp Peoples Assc side).

My Bf and I was riding along Stadium Drive when this Toyota car filter out suddenly despite our repeated horning, thus causing us to crash into his side wheel front door area. Both of us sustained injuries and was rushed to SGH, therefore couldn't not stay on to get witnesses for further police report.

We are both recovering at the moment but my bf suffered quite a serious injury to his left wrist. What I remember after we flung over was that there was a few kind souls who came over to check on us. We are grateful for their help and hope they can come forward as I cannot be a witness as I'm a pillion rider.
Thereafter, the TP arrived after us but all the witness left. I hope any one of you who may have witness the accident to come forward and pm/ring me at 93861081. Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 6:33 pm

Wish I could help.

I am puzzled however by one thing you wrote though. That is, by your own words, your BF apparently had ample time to "repeatedly horning him" if he had that much time he must have been either speeding or did not bother to apply his brakes instead of the horn? It would also appear that he was not in the traffic lane where he belonged but riding on the lane dividers where you do not belong (like most local riders) and refusing to move (You said yourself he hit the car in the side front wheel area). Just curious. I hope your injuries were not too serious.

Clinch

Postby Clinch » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 7:52 pm

Hi,
thanks that you try to help...Anyways, we were riding with no other cars heading onto the same direction as us. Most were going into nicol highway lane and we are definitely in the centre since it's clear traffic.

My bf tried slowing down as the driver did look like he saw us but apparently he wasn't really looking for oncoming vehicles but just a basic instinct to turn his head right and thereafter turn checking his left. He was definitely in deep conversation with his lady passenger or either his music was blasting. We were amazed that how can he not see us as my headlights were quite bright.

After crashing, My bf questioned him and ask him 3 simple questions: Did you check? Is your music full blast? Were you talking? He couldn't answer except words of apology.

Our conclusion, He's inexperienced on the road as he's a wkend plate driver, very very reckless fella too. He check our opp. traffic which is his left, and fail to check right. Swerving out so fast and sudden..which is of coz too late for us.