Singapore Expats

East Coast to Eton at Orchard

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Samara

East Coast to Eton at Orchard

Post by Samara » Wed, 15 Aug 2007 6:11 pm

Hoping to live on the East Coast but have currently only found places available at school at Eton on Orchard for my children. How will this commute be for us every day plse?

Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Eton House

Post by Thaiclan » Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:01 am

Dont know about the commute, but have you checked out Eton Huse Mountabatten Rd and Eton House Broadrick Road.....? :)

Samara

Re: Eton House

Post by Samara » Fri, 17 Aug 2007 3:30 pm

Thaiclan wrote:Dont know about the commute, but have you checked out Eton Huse Mountabatten Rd and Eton House Broadrick Road.....? :)
Yes, unfortunately they are both full and apparently the Orchard Rd branch is the only one with spaces they tell me. They said to go to Orchard Rd first and then transfer the children in Sept 2008 but if they start there it's probably not worth transferring them later....I just wondered how long it would take us either by public transport or car.

viajera
Regular
Regular

Post by viajera » Fri, 17 Aug 2007 4:06 pm

if you want a rough estimate, can see the route and the estimated travel time (either by driving or by public transport) between the school and home (or addresses you are considering). of course, this would depend on the traffic and time of day, but it's enough to have an idea.

also, ask if perhaps they provide bus service for a fee. that will have its issues (kids have to be picked up earlier, to allow for time to pick up the other kids, too), but it'll save you time you would have otherwise spent just going back and forth bringing them and picking them up.