Singapore Expats Forum

SIA @ KL Sept 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Re: Hi

Postby blancD » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:14 am

calvink wrote:Hi all.....as for me.. i failed at second round.....they just say try again...thats it...though... i have try my best...im not nervous...all questions are expected......Was surprise to see more mature interviewer this time...they do look like Ex-CC.....

I see a lot of 'newbies' first timer faces...lol...only oldbees like me.....lol.....

Whether i pass or not...it doesnt matter....cause i will still do try but will stop for a while..shifting to sg anytime soon.....settle with my new work...then only decide i wanted to apply for cc or not....haha....

Nvm 12345....just do and improve within 6 months ban period... if the recruitment came by then....then only decide u wanted to apply or not.....


dont worry about it, you progressed! yeap, so just relax take it easy and try whenever you want too! good luck and all the best in your future undertakings alright! i wasn't exactly suprised as well, just the selection criteria.. oh well lets not mentioned the past :-)
"City of Ang3Ls"

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 5:52 pm

dreaming-gal wrote:hi,12345...hope u r ok for now..so shock to heard that they were only choose 8 out of 300... :shock: so..did they tell u that u can only try again after 6 months?


Hi dreaming-gal...thanks for ur concern. Yeah, i was kinda shocked too since they selected so few this time round but then coming to think of it, bcoz they still have penang recruitment to go. So i think they have also allocated sum space for the candidates over there.

Nope, they did not mention anything about the 6 months ban. Coz i think they assume i already know bout it coz this is the second time i fail management. But even for first timers...the HR lady does not tell the unsuccessful candidates about it too. Unless they stay back a little longer to ask her stuff n chat with her...then it mite probably cross her mind to tell them about the 6 months thingy. So did u go for the interview the other day? How was everything?

hoofmaker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 21 Aug 2007

Postby hoofmaker » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 6:10 pm

[quote="12345"] Basically, they only selected one candidate in the afternoon session. The other 7 candidates were selected from the morning session.

Yes, they tend to select majority of the applicants in the morning session, or on the first day.

It doesnt mean that you are not good enough for the airline, but, they actually have enough applicants.

That's bad right.

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 9:11 pm

hoofmaker wrote:
12345 wrote: Basically, they only selected one candidate in the afternoon session. The other 7 candidates were selected from the morning session.

Yes, they tend to select majority of the applicants in the morning session, or on the first day.

It doesnt mean that you are not good enough for the airline, but, they actually have enough applicants.

That's bad right.


all i can say its over, com'on cheer up guys :P i do agree with you on that!
"City of Ang3Ls"

dreaming-gal
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby dreaming-gal » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:01 pm

12345 wrote: So did u go for the interview the other day? How was everything?

u mean management interview?nope...i failed at one to one.. :cry:

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:08 pm

dreaming-gal wrote:
12345 wrote: So did u go for the interview the other day? How was everything?

u mean management interview?nope...i failed at one to one.. :cry:


It's ok...dun feel bad. U can always try again the next time they recruit in kl. At least u're not subjected to the 6 months ban...

dreaming-gal
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby dreaming-gal » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:22 pm

12345 wrote:
dreaming-gal wrote:
12345 wrote: So did u go for the interview the other day? How was everything?

u mean management interview?nope...i failed at one to one.. :cry:


It's ok...dun feel bad. U can always try again the next time they recruit in kl. At least u're not subjected to the 6 months ban...


u know what..i possess a same degree as yours..accounting..feel sad they may not prefer degree holder?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:33 pm

dreaming-gal wrote:
12345 wrote:
dreaming-gal wrote:
12345 wrote: So did u go for the interview the other day? How was everything?

u mean management interview?nope...i failed at one to one.. :cry:


It's ok...dun feel bad. U can always try again the next time they recruit in kl. At least u're not subjected to the 6 months ban...


u know what..i possess a same degree as yours..accounting..feel sad they may not prefer degree holder?


Yup, that mite be such a possiblity and that's really sad. But they would always deny it and tell u that's not a major concern. But to me...it is highly possible bcoz they are afraid we could job-hop and they do not want that. They r looking for ppl who would stay long term with them...

cantswim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue, 05 Jun 2007
Location: KL

Postby cantswim » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:18 am

there are always hopes!

if you want to continue to pursue your dream as a cabin crew, GO ON! NEVER GIVE UP!

if you want to change your path, GO ON! this job doesn't reject you, you are the one who says 'NO'!


:wink: LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATE, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'D GET. ~Forest Gump
I decide my future.

dreaming-gal
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby dreaming-gal » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 2:26 am

hi..thanks 12345 and cantswim,i wun give up and will keep trying..so as both of u too..we all Jia you together...!!Gambate! :D

dreaming-gal
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby dreaming-gal » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:14 pm

hi everyone..seems they extended the deadline of recruitment in Penang to 30 Sept... :) anyone is applying??

LiYuin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 26 Sep 2007

Postby LiYuin » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 9:49 pm

can any1 plz share with me the ques goin to be asked 4 the group interview??? thx

MichaelYong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007

Postby MichaelYong » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 2:51 am

well...dun ever give up on ur dream =)
i'm sure there r still lots of opportunities..since u all r still young ^^
i'm wondering something..since some of u mentioned that a degree holder might have slimmer chance of getting selected...then, what about applicants who r studying a degree course...

can u guys who had unfortunately disqualified in the process apply for the later one in penang?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 5:33 pm

LiYuin wrote:can any1 plz share with me the ques goin to be asked 4 the group interview??? thx


Well, they could post any topic under the sun. It's just ONE question...and that's it. U gotta present ur answer which shudn't exceed one min.

Common topics are self intro and how serious are u in becoming a cabin crew? Ur most embarassing moment. What u dislike about a girl (for stewards), who is ur inspiration in life and y, why do u like singapore and how many times have u visited singapore, the country that i would like to visit the most, if u have a superpower...wat would it be and y, if u were to be a fruit or vege for just one day, wat would it be and y.

So yeah, these are sum of the examples of the topics they could post during the group interview. It's pretty difficult to prepare i would say as u couldnt guess all possible questions that they could ask. So i think the key is dun panick when u get the question...try to calm down and formulate ur answer asap. When u stand up, dun appear nervous but show that u already got something in mind and would like to present it to the interviewer :) Hope this helps!

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 5:49 pm

MichaelYong wrote:well...dun ever give up on ur dream =)
i'm sure there r still lots of opportunities..since u all r still young ^^
i'm wondering something..since some of u mentioned that a degree holder might have slimmer chance of getting selected...then, what about applicants who r studying a degree course...

can u guys who had unfortunately disqualified in the process apply for the later one in penang?


Actually the issue on the degree holders having slimmer chances is just our guesses. It mite not be true...but just our thoughts based on wat the management said. Dun be discouraged if u r pursuing ur degree bcoz bear in mind, there are some fresh grads who managed to go into SIA as a cabin crew.

I think they are allowed to apply as long as the applicant did not fail at the management round. If its any other rounds besides the management, it shudnt be a prob applying again for the penang recruitment. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swipeup and 0 guests