Singapore Expats Forum

SIA @ KL Sept 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cantswim
Regular
Regular

Postby cantswim » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:47 pm

dreaming gal,
i got no idea on the resume column. what i did is paste my own resume on it. :? u may go for it and have a try!! Good luck to u too!

ramz, thanks again!
I decide my future.

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 8:39 pm

dreaming-gal wrote:[Hi dreaming-gal,

When will u be finishing ur course? As in like in which month of next year? Coz if it's too long...like above 6 months, sumtimes they wouldn't really allow these ppl to apply. They would advise them to wait for a later recruitment. So far from my observation, the max notice period i've came across is 6 months. Nothing more than that.

Sorry i cant answer the resume question coz i'm clueless myself :???: maybe cantswim can help? :)

hi..12345..thanks so so much for ur reply..i'll be only graduate on april next yr..but i cant wait already and hope so much to go for the interview ... :P hope they'll consider my application..[/quote]

Hie...u're most welcome! :)

Seriously no harm trying...wishing u all d best too!! :D

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 8:42 pm

cantswim wrote:dreaming gal,
i got no idea on the resume column. what i did is paste my own resume on it. :? u may go for it and have a try!! Good luck to u too!

ramz, thanks again!

Hi cantswim!! So u managed to get the application thru? Including ur photo? Mind to share how u did it? Hehe...

Oh btw, may i know wat was the question posed to ur group during round 1 of the previous interview in june? Wat was the passing rate like?

All d best ya!!! :) :D

dreaming-gal

Postby dreaming-gal » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:00 pm

cantswim wrote:dreaming gal,

ramz, thanks again!

i think i'll leave it blank.. :???: how about the photo? how to attach it??thanks again.. :)

dreaming-gal

Postby dreaming-gal » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:03 pm

12345 wrote:
dreaming-gal wrote:[Hi dreaming-gal,

When will u be finishing ur course? As in like in which month of next year? Coz if it's too long...like above 6 months, sumtimes they wouldn't really allow these ppl to apply. They would advise them to wait for a later recruitment. So far from my observation, the max notice period i've came across is 6 months. Nothing more than that.

Sorry i cant answer the resume question coz i'm clueless myself :???: maybe cantswim can help? :)

hi..12345..thanks so so much for ur reply..i'll be only graduate on april next yr..but i cant wait already and hope so much to go for the interview ... :P hope they'll consider my application..

Hie...u're most welcome! :)

Seriously no harm trying...wishing u all d best too!! :D[/quote]

thanks so much for ur wishes..really appreciate it.. :)

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Postby cantswim » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:32 pm

I completed the application, with no photo on it.
couldn't find a place to paste it or stick it :???:

my group topic last time was just inroducing ourselves.
4/10 or 5/10, can't remember very well.
I decide my future.

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Postby RaMz » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:43 pm

mine was, introduce yourself, tell us how many times you've been to Singapore, when was your last time and what's so amazing about singapore..

one guy talked so much about singapore, then in the end he said, although i say i like singapore and stuff, nothing beats Malaysia. he daringly said he disliked singaporeans for their kiasu attitude..he spoke very well, but i think spoke a bit too much =(

he didn't make it in the end..when we came out he told me that when you say the truth, it often hurts..haha

passing rate for my group 3/10..first round should be easy, just make it short, sweet and do not stammer..speak with confidence will suffice =D

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Postby cantswim » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:15 pm

Yes sir! =D>
I decide my future.

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:21 pm

cantswim wrote:12345,

So meaning u havent submitted your application? :)

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:31 pm

RaMz wrote:mine was, introduce yourself, tell us how many times you've been to Singapore, when was your last time and what's so amazing about singapore..

one guy talked so much about singapore, then in the end he said, although i say i like singapore and stuff, nothing beats Malaysia. he daringly said he disliked singaporeans for their kiasu attitude..he spoke very well, but i think spoke a bit too much =(

he didn't make it in the end..when we came out he told me that when you say the truth, it often hurts..haha

passing rate for my group 3/10..first round should be easy, just make it short, sweet and do not stammer..speak with confidence will suffice =D

Thanks for the advice!! Quite an interesting question posed to u guys actually :D

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Postby cantswim » Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:55 pm

12345 wrote:
cantswim wrote:12345,

So meaning u havent submitted your application? :)

once we completed the application in the portal is considered submitted, right? coz i received a mail after that, telling me they will go through my resume, something like that.

how bout you?
I decide my future.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Postby corines143 » Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:34 am

hey are you all in MALAYSIA or SINGAPORE?
cos i am in singapore but am a malaysian and i also filled it online and i hope to get a reply from them soon.

anyway there is a step whereby you can upload your photo. you browse thru your own files on your computer and attach the JPEG file to their website.

And its not so different a process this whole thing, its just a little change. its normal procedure for most companies now and i think its good SIA can filter out those they dont want to recruit straight up instead of wasting your time as well as theirs just to see you personally.

well all the best to ya all.

cheers.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Postby cantswim » Tue, 14 Aug 2007 6:28 am

oh...

ribuan terima kasih!!

i'm in Malaysia :)
I decide my future.

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Postby orangecake » Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:51 pm

mine was the same with Ramz..the passing rate for my group was only 2/10...it was shocking to know only 2 got thru the first round.

i remembered there was this girl who was an air stewardess from MAS,she talked bout the lastest airbus from SIA and that's the reason why she wants to join..she got booted out..and also another girl who talked about her hobbies and interests...her self intro was too long...

just speak briefly about yourself...not too much details.that will do..

well,hope this helps..!

dreaming-gal

Postby dreaming-gal » Tue, 14 Aug 2007 7:28 pm

corines143 wrote:

anyway there is a step whereby you can upload your photo. you browse thru your own files on your computer and attach the JPEG file to their website.

cheers.

got any button to click and browse our files?