Singapore Expats Forum

getting off nervousness during interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cappy2104

Re: getting off nervousness during interview

Postby cappy2104 » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 3:18 pm

rev12000 wrote:
cappy2104 wrote:hey guys

do u guys know any ways to getting off nervousness during interview? cause i tend to get very nervous during interview and my tongue will get twisted and cant speak properly during the interview... i just cant stay calm, any tips from u guys?? thanks

Cappy, if you don't mind i would like to share my experience. Before i went for the United Airline Interview, i was pacing up and down my corridor trying to prepare my introduction speech. I spend so much time on it that i could remember it without a hitch. Ideal, i thought to myself but on the day of the interview i lost the last word of my introduction and i was stunned for that 20 seconds. Still i go on with another inappropriate word and end the speech. With much luck i assume, i was later invited for the 2nd round. Till now, the speech i've prepared is still lingering in my head. Should anyone ask me to do a intro again, i'll speak with much confidence coz' i'm prepared for it. [without forgetting the last word of course] Yes, i must agree that to certain extend i felt like a robot but i'll advise you not to prepare yourself for every possible question. Else you would end up more STRESS than you expected. Last but not least, i would advise you to write down all the possible questions down on a sheet of paper and write your ideal answers down. Then you would know roughly how to answer them, should the interviews asked. Write as many times as you want BUT DO NOT MEMORIZE THEM, by memorizing them would only add more stress. Instead HeHeHeHeHe ... I suggest you memorize your intro speech, coz' your intro speech is something that would never change. I wish you all the best!! GAMBATE ... cheerios! :)

hey rev12000

thanks for spending ur time to reply my msg, really helped me alot, u guys have been my life saviour lah, so good to meet u all here... a million thankssss... muaks

cappy2104

Postby cappy2104 » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 3:24 pm

VeniE wrote:
rev12000 wrote:
cappy2104 wrote:hey guys

do u guys know any ways to getting off nervousness during interview? cause i tend to get very nervous during interview and my tongue will get twisted and cant speak properly during the interview... i just cant stay calm, any tips from u guys?? thanks

Cappy, if you don't mind i would like to share my experience. Before i went for the United Airline Interview, i was pacing up and down my corridor trying to prepare my introduction speech. I spend so much time on it that i could remember it without a hitch. Ideal, i thought to myself but on the day of the interview i lost the last word of my introduction and i was stunned for that 20 seconds. Still i go on with another inappropriate word and end the speech. With much luck i assume, i was later invited for the 2nd round. Till now, the speech i've prepared is still lingering in my head. Should anyone ask me to do a intro again, i'll speak with much confidence coz' i'm prepared for it. [without forgetting the last word of course] Yes, i must agree that to certain extend i felt like a robot but i'll advise you not to prepare yourself for every possible question. Else you would end up more STRESS than you expected. Last but not least, i would advise you to write down all the possible questions down on a sheet of paper and write your ideal answers down. Then you would know roughly how to answer them, should the interviews asked. Write as many times as you want BUT DO NOT MEMORIZE THEM, by memorizing them would only add more stress. Instead HeHeHeHeHe ... I suggest you memorize your intro speech, coz' your intro speech is something that would never change. I wish you all the best!! GAMBATE ... cheerios! :)

heyhey... i agree what u said... keke... me too... i'll memorise my self intro coz it's a very standard thingy they'll ask you to do... and prepare some notes as in what kind pf questions they might ask and prepare some points... coz this cant memorise de, sometimes they will twist and turn the question and you might end up saying the wrong thing or saying something which put youself down.. keke...

i believe whenever they ask any questions, always listen first and pick up the key words to help you... and if you dun understand the question ALWAYS ask the interview what he/she is asking or if they can rephrase. you wont wanna end up saying something which doesn't answer the question.. keke...

hey venie

thanks for ur tips, i will take note and keep practising at home... million thanks babe

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rev12000 » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 3:49 pm

cappy2104 wrote:hey rev12000

thanks for spending ur time to reply my msg, really helped me alot, u guys have been my life saviour lah, so good to meet u all here... a million thankssss... muaks

No problem! :lol:
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Postby VeniE » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 5:43 pm

no probs dear...

juz be natural and smile always yea!!!
Soaring above all

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 9:13 pm

Being natural is essential. Nothing ticks anyone off then a rehearsed introduction. Yes, practice, but make it some spontaneous when you deliver.

If you're always nervous then this job isn't for you as you will have to deal with passengers who are grumpy and you can't be nervous then!

Good luck