Singapore Expats Forum

Rock Climbing

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
poolgirl

Postby poolgirl » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 4:22 pm

hi, anyone keen on rock-climbing on sunday? thinking of going to climbasia in the early afternoon. pls pm me if interested. cheers!

ronn_gan

Postby ronn_gan » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 9:29 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum.
Does this thread still active or already outdated??
I'm Indonesian working in Singapore, and looking for climbing buddies
:D
I've been climbing several times at climb asia, but only like personally.
I'd prefer doin' it like in a group, so, is there any group I could join?
Please do let me know.
Thanks!
cheers !
ronn_gan

ronn_gan

Postby ronn_gan » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 1:00 pm

is there any climber out there?? :cry:
cheers !

ronn_gan

localgal

Rock Climbing

Postby localgal » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 5:04 pm

Hi there,

I am quite keen in rock climbing but have never try before. Is there anyone out there who is interested in teaching me how to go about it. Perhaps some newbie out there would like to go for some basic course together? Let me know..

Carol

diosmin450mg

Postby diosmin450mg » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:06 pm

Hi just wondering, is it a must for us to be certified before we can climb?
or can we just walk into a gym with a wall and start climbing?

funksg
Regular
Regular

hi all newbies..

Postby funksg » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:29 am

hi newbies..
i ma also new into it..
hey carol..do le tme know if u r interested.
as i m also looking for newbies n buddies..
lets start soon before next yr dawn..
do pm me or email me - mukulsg@gmail.com ..
looking fwd for the congregation..
cheers

ronn_gan

Postby ronn_gan » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 1:55 pm

aah..finally someone replied !! :D
count me in if u guys n gals wanna climb together, u can contact me at:
ronn_gan01@yahoo.com
but i couldn't make it in near time tho, going back home for xmas.
cheers !

ronn_gan

localgal

Rock Climbing

Postby localgal » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 8:42 pm

Hi all,

I just called climb asia to make some enquiry about the course. The staff advice us to go for level 1 course($68 on 28/12/08)) or intro to climbing workshop($44 on 27/12/08)). But if we know someone who know how to do so, they can teach us without going for any course. So do you know of anyone who can do that? I am actually debating whether i should go for the course because i just want to give it a try and have a feel of it. So what do you all have in mind? By the way, my email address is carol_kuek@yahoo.com.sg

Carol

mu-ee

Postby mu-ee » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 6:49 pm

Hi, I have yet to try climbing and would like to join you guys for a session. please keep me updated at muee_gudanbalei87@hotmail.com if you dont mind a newbie tagging along.

Carol, and other newbies, feel free to contact me too should you wish to check out e course or something and we could do it together
Without PASSION, there is no DRIVE. Without FOCUS, there is no DIRECTION. Ready for the big plunge...

mu-ee

Postby mu-ee » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:20 am

Any regular/slightly experienced climbers out there willing to assist me & Carol (maybe the other newbies as well) for our first try-out? Will be very grateful [-o<
Without PASSION, there is no DRIVE. Without FOCUS, there is no DIRECTION. Ready for the big plunge...

snowflake8

Rock climbing

Postby snowflake8 » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 2:38 pm

Hi everyone, I've been climbing regularly or about 9 months before I moved to Singapore recently. I'd like to join you guys either for a course (do we have to have a certificate here before they let us use the wall?) or just regular climbing activity but unfortunately I'm still recovering from fractured ankle but I hope I can start climbing again at the end of January. So please do keep me in the loop if there's any of you looking for climbing partner by then, my email is j3an3@hotmail.com

AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular

Postby AngryAngMo » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 3:07 pm

I did the beginners course at climb asia with a whole group of frtiends and i can recommend it.
You get the basics and far enough time to try out climbing indoors. And if its your first climbing session, you will be exhausted by the unusual use of muscels pretty soon anyway so that you most likely wont use the whole available time slot for your climbing.

Its good fun, try it!

mrblue

Postby mrblue » Thu, 25 Dec 2008 3:45 pm

Hi i'm also a new to Rock Climbing and would be keen to go for the beginner course. Have message some of you. Thanks and Cheers!

smashme1984
Regular
Regular

Rock Climbing!

Postby smashme1984 » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 3:26 pm

mu-ee wrote:Any regular/slightly experienced climbers out there willing to assist me & Carol (maybe the other newbies as well) for our first try-out? Will be very grateful [-o<

Hi all! finally found a thread where I can talk about rock climbing, anyway I used to love climbing a lot, and I still do! just climb less nowadays due to commitments and some of my old climbing gangs moving on. Anyway, Carol, I believe the staff at Climb Asia might not have been very clear, for the rest of you, listen up, to climb, you do not need any certification, a 5 year old will allowed on the wall as well, but to belay, you will need certification but (under the table), they dont check usually unless you express the lack of confidence and they notice it.

If you are thinking of taking lessons or a course, go for the Level one, it certifies you , and teaches you the proper stuffs to get started, opposed to paying close to 50 bucks just to try and then when you decide you want to, pay another 68 bucks to take the course. By taking the course right away, you are already trying, aint I right? I've seen courses come and go and assisted in some thus I understand the ongoings.

Anyway, I am keen to group up with some of you to climb, I do have a regular newbie - average group to climb with already but I love interacting and making new friends!
Live free and hard!

JoanneYong

rock climbing

Postby JoanneYong » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:41 pm

hi guys, i've never tried rock climbing before, but m very keen to try. any recommendations of where i can take my first rock climbing lessons here in Singapore?
:)