Singapore Expats Forum

Can you have a friendship without romance

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 9:06 am

DWK,

That's where the term F**KBuddies originated from! :P :cool:

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 1:06 pm

Friendships and relationship are 2 diff'rent things and one stops when the other starts.

I had a very gud fren in Switzerland for 2 years and befire I left we got romantic. So sad bcoz now we lost what we had.

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DimWit Kid » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 1:24 pm

My kind of "relationship", sms!

But hey seriously, can you male species of this board make a purely platonic relationship without ever thinking of "it" with your friend?

Females would probably insist they can ....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 3:09 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:My kind of "relationship", sms!

But hey seriously, can you male species of this board make a purely platonic relationship without ever thinking of "it" with your friend?

Females would probably insist they can ....

Of course............................NOT! :P

But that is nothing but wondering if she is a good root and nothing more. Called Cave man knee jerk reaction (or a little higher?). But that's like saying nice girls never look at a man's crotch and wonder! BS if they say no. Like us they are only human, but we males, of course must act like we believe them...... :?

FannyAdams

Postby FannyAdams » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 4:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:(it's) like saying nice girls never look at a man's crotch and wonder! BS if they say no. Like us they are only human, but we males, of course must act like we believe them...... :?

I'm not a nice girl but I've never looked at a man's crotch and "wondered". I've looked at a shirt and pondered the size of the biceps or the quality of the pecks. I've looked at jeans and imagined the grabability of the butt. I've no wish to be uncouth, but the crotch area is never going to look like anything but a strange mess when unveiled. No BS! Find me one women who says otherwise!!

Disclaimer: I like men really, honest guv :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 5:40 pm

FannyAdams,

Like I said.........

sundaymorningstaple wrote: of course must act like we believe them...... :?

:P

NB: I am sure you do! :D

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DimWit Kid » Sat, 08 Sep 2007 7:28 pm

FannyAdams wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:(it's) like saying nice girls never look at a man's crotch and wonder! BS if they say no. Like us they are only human, but we males, of course must act like we believe them...... :?

I'm not a nice girl but I've never looked at a man's crotch and "wondered". I've looked at a shirt and pondered the size of the biceps or the quality of the pecks. I've looked at jeans and imagined the grabability of the butt. I've no wish to be uncouth, but the crotch area is never going to look like anything but a strange mess when unveiled. No BS! Find me one women who says otherwise!!

Yeah sms, exactly proving your point! :D Females will always say they don't "care" about that.

The sexual experience for man begins even before the touching - the wondering, the fantasy.... Women only wonders about things after they sleep with men huh? So they say...

FannyAdams

Postby FannyAdams » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 1:29 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:The sexual experience for man begins even before the touching - the wondering, the fantasy.... Women only wonders about things after they sleep with men huh? So they say...

Not sure where that came from DWK – we do plenty of wondering of a sexual nature, before the event, just not about the crotch. The only people who think the male crotch is the be-all and end-all are men. :)

My vast experience of the world has taught me that:-
1. Women like to keep men around if they are friend material regardless of whether they are any combination of good/bad/ok-looking and/or sexually attractive/unattractive.
2. Men like to keep women around as long as they remain potential shags
The easiest way to lose a male friend is to tell him once and for all that you’re not interested. An effective way to keep a male friend is to tell him that you find him attractive but can’t go there because of (insert appropriate reason which may or may not be true). Result: everyone’s happy. 8-)

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Postby mayamomi » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 2:40 pm

err... sorry to interrupt here, but i just can't help it...

sorry fannyadams, as a woman, sometimes its not as simple as it seems and definitely not as we would like to believe... sometimes i feel women are just in denial... we do fantasize (i do at least...!! :oops: ) but we don want to admit ... or we try to justify ...

but the fact is we still do think and wonder and fantasize... (or at least me and some women i know... i'm not pointing a finger at u.. maybe u're special...) :wink:
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

FannyAdams

Postby FannyAdams » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 3:06 pm

No worries, Mayamomi, we're all different and I do like to think I'm special :lol: :lol: :D

I'd quite readily admit to fantasizing about men's bits if I ever did but the fact is, I don't. I fantasize about shagging specific guys but it's nothing to do with what I hope their crotch looks like. Are you saying you think the exact opposite? Am I going to have to eat humble pie and admit that SMS may be right when it comes to some nice girls?

Say it ain't so!

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Postby mayamomi » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 3:19 pm

its not about "hoping" how it looks like, its the "not knowing" how it looks...

i guess i have in fact looked at not just one, but many a man's crotch and wondered, not just crotch either, butt and all too ... :oops: of cos its all harmless, but still, i've "wondered"... :oops:

(especially when i'm in a group of female frens' company... don we all?? i thought it was normal... :cool: )

there're all types of people in the world, so its a little too boastful to say "find me one girl who says otherwise"...

gee... so i guess yes for that humble pie?? sorry ... :-| :?
To you, he's a dog...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 4:14 pm

mayamomi,

:kiss:

FannyAdams,

If fantasizing about shagging a guy isn't crotch oriented I don't know what it. They don't shag with their pecs or gluts do they.

If you would go back and reread both DWK's and my post you will notice that I did NOT indicate that I wonders what it "Looked" like. Wondering about DWK's reference to 'doing it' means exactly what it said. Which is, incidentally, what you just said.

However, I hope your new weight loss program is coming along nicely. 2kg is a good start. :wink: I'm thinking about starting something as well as I am having problems reaching my little toe with the toenail clippers. :oops:

FannyAdams

Postby FannyAdams » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 5:11 pm

Ahh well, you guys don’t see my point of view. Nevermind, like I said, we’re all different.

Yes, the old weight-loss thing is coming along brilliantly, thanks for mentioning. I’m going for another 2kg this week. I’m sure you’ll wish me luck.

But I digress. Going back to the original question, I guess it ultimately depends on the 2 individuals involved. From my own pre-marital days, most guys I was friends with tried it on at one time or another, but c’est la vie. I don’t think it necessarily ruins a friendship, especially if you handle it the right way.

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Postby mayamomi » Sun, 09 Sep 2007 5:34 pm

FannyAdams wrote:I don’t think it necessarily ruins a friendship, especially if you handle it the right way.

this i definitely agree... but it depends on the other party too.. like u said, it depends on the 2 or individuals involved... although none of my male frens have hit on me before, except jokingly... guess i'm either not their type or they're intimidated... but i like to think they know well enough not to... :twisted:
To you, he's a dog...

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 6:24 pm

FannyAdams wrote:

The problem is that most men think with their little brain and believe they are sssoooooooooooooo good at using it. Ha, I don't think so. :lol: