Singapore Expats

Can you have a friendship without romance

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
zhoumulian

Post by zhoumulian » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 7:38 pm

FannyAdams wrote:Ahh well, you guys don’t see my point of view. Nevermind, like I said, we’re all different.

Yes, the old weight-loss thing is coming along brilliantly, thanks for mentioning. I’m going for another 2kg this week. I’m sure you’ll wish me luck.

But I digress. Going back to the original question, I guess it ultimately depends on the 2 individuals involved. From my own pre-marital days, most guys I was friends with tried it on at one time or another, but c’est la vie. I don’t think it necessarily ruins a friendship, especially if you handle it the right way.
it might be a matter of semantics but i think fanny adams (correct me if i'm wrong) is referring to fantasizing about the the actual experience of sex, which includes, but is not limited to the crotch.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 9:41 pm

cutiebutie wrote:
The problem is that most men think with their little brain and believe they are sssoooooooooooooo good at using it. Ha, I don't think so. :lol:
So tell us cutiebutie, what's it like having had a gender reassignment? I only ask as otherwise how would you know that for sure? Or do you just ASSuMe?

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 9:48 pm

zhoumulian wrote:it might be a matter of semantics but i think fanny adams (correct me if i'm wrong) is referring to fantasizing about the the actual experience of sex, which includes, but is not limited to the crotch.
Yeah, but I doubt it's semantics as a shag is crotch oriented otherwise it's just petting isn't it. Kind of a difference wouldn't you say? Unless you are into some of those cult type experiences where you just stare at each other and orgasm! Where I'm from we call that premature ejaculation! :wink:

When you want it and HAVE to have it where do you grab? His ear? Gimme a break. Sorry, 'fraid I don't by your semantics ..... :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Arizona

Post by Arizona » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 4:42 am

Yes you can have a friendship without sex.

Particularly, if you're straight and your friend is of the same gender.

FannyAdams

Post by FannyAdams » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:40 pm

Zhoumulian – what you said above does indeed represent my thinking wrt fantasizing

SMS - Not semantics but I do think we may be talking about different things…..

Originally, when you talked about men not believing girls who say they never look at a crotch and wonder, I took that to mean that you believe women look at a crotch, hope it’s big and this then influences their decision to have sex. I maintain that no women do that. Beyond extremes, size is irrelevant. Wanting to have sex with a guy has nothing to do with their crotch.

Perhaps you were saying that you don’t believe the whole “nice girls never think about having sex”

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 2:53 pm

I would say you did misinterpret my thoughts! (that the problem with assumptions isn't it! :lol: ) Why would size matter? Doesn't to me! Just rub one side long enough the other with come over to see what's going on! You see, it's a two way street. What do you assume we are thinking when we are looking at a woman's "Fanny" (British context :wink: ) How big it is? How small it is? Or other seamier things? :o

So much for effective communications! Back to the textbooks I guess! :cool:

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Post by mayamomi » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 3:27 pm

fannyadams wrote:Originally, when you talked about men not believing girls who say they never look at a crotch and wonder, I took that to mean that you believe women look at a crotch, hope it’s big and this then influences their decision to have sex. I maintain that no women do that. Beyond extremes, size is irrelevant. Wanting to have sex with a guy has nothing to do with their crotch.

personally i don look and hope its big... maybe thats what u think?? :lol: :wink: (joke...) hmm... maybe u really didn't look and wonder before... however, like i mentioned before, there are all kinds out there... for all u know, some do. anyway, i think looking and wondering is just fantasizing about anything, like how its like to have sex with this certain person, what he will or can do etc etc (shall not go into details here :oops: ) and as human, sexual desires are just part of us, something we cannot help thinking and fantasizing about, nice girls or not... even the mentally challenged have the desire... although i do think that men and women can have a platonic relationship, but that doesn't mean they do not fantasize about each other either...
fannyadams wrote:I’m happy to say I’ve rarely been so incapable of conveying my intentions as to have to resort to crotch-grabbing! Maybe I’m just a big old prude, though
hmm... maybe... :lol: (joke) i think what he meant is not at the time u want to send the message but at the hype of excitement when u HAVE to have it... :oops: or maybe u didn't feel that way before either?? :P
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why would size matter?

doesn't to me either... (its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog -- archie griffin :wink: )
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

lefthanded
Regular
Regular

Post by lefthanded » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 4:23 pm

although i do think that men and women can have a platonic relationship, but that doesn't mean they do not fantasize about each other either...
Hey, I totally agree with this! the safest measure to keep the friendship intact! :P

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Superglide » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 4:25 pm

Aw c'mon: size does matter.

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Post by mayamomi » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 4:35 pm

Superglide wrote:Aw c'mon: size does matter.
ok now, lets be honest... agree to a certain extent.. although not the most important factor... :lol:
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

PhantomX

Post by PhantomX » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 4:53 pm

Use common sense. Obviously not only just possible but happens most of the time. Otherwise we would be fixing Amorous/lewd stares at the opposite sex all the time; only for some of either sex, which is entirely possible, in which case a referral to a sexual/relationship disorders professional would be in order!
X

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 5:57 am

PhantomX wrote:Use common sense. Obviously not only just possible but happens most of the time. Otherwise we would be fixing Amorous/lewd stares at the opposite sex all the time; only for some of either sex, which is entirely possible, in which case a referral to a sexual/relationship disorders professional would be in order!
Common sense is about right! Although after a few pints, the opposite partners' looks may improve and common sense is out of the window!

The next day one thinks it was all a bad dream!

But look at life in general and all those happy married guys & dolls are just friends, the romance went long ago, so I wouldn't worry about it!

I'm personally very good friends with all my ex romances, although the nightmares I have sometimes, with some of those, that were meant to be friends! How could I! Must have been the beer :oops: Although it takes two to tango, and the experience is very rewarding!
:shock:
So now i say to the opposite sex, if they are good looking, lift your armpit! to see if we are friends or lovers!

The not so attractive ones, I pray to god, that they don't let me drink! :lol: Actually I'm happy married these days and no time for friendships or romances, unless they are very rich and 99 years old! :)

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 9:27 am

Superglide wrote:Aw c'mon: size does matter.
To you, maybe?! :lol: :wink: