Singapore Expats Forum

Free The South Korean Hostages Campaign

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

solarv
Chatter
Chatter

Free The South Korean Hostages Campaign

Postby solarv » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 4:45 pm

~Free The South Korean Hostages Campaign~

Please sign the petition and forward to your friends. Each of us could make a difference in their lives!

http://global-petition.blogspot.com

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Postby tingal79 » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 6:52 pm

They are really crap. Craplibans.

I signed, but I dont think this is going to help.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 7:09 pm

Why would renegade terrorists care about a petition? Colossal waste of time don't you think? It's like the old saying, If you ban guns then only outlaws will have guns. The longer this go on the more press they get which is what they want.

What should have been done is to forbid do-gooders from putting themselves into danger in the first place. Why should the rest of the world be responsible for people who deliberately place themselves in harms way fully knowing that it could backfire in their faces. If they want to place russian roulette then let them pay the consequences.

As far as dragging the US into negotiations on behalf of the Koreans, I don't blame the US for not get involved. If the US won't negotiate with terrorists on behalf of their own citizens (and rightly so) then why should they do it for others who deliberately placed themselves in a dangerous situation in the first place. They gambled and lost. Sorry, but I have a hard time feeling for overly zealous missionary types. They should have never been let into the country in the first place. It is, after all, a muslim country and not a christian one.

There may be an upside to all this though. Maybe Asian countries will start to understands what kind of animals are in these countries and not just universally condemn those countries who are trying to make a stand against terrorists instead of meekly standing on the sidelines and making comments without doing anything themselves.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 7:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What should have been done is to forbid do-gooders from putting themselves into danger in the first place. Why should the rest of the world be responsible for people who deliberately place themselves in harms way fully knowing that it could backfire in their faces. If they want to place russian roulette then let them pay the consequences.

I agree, why enter the 'lion's den' while the beast is still there? :o

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 2:13 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: It is, after all, a muslim country and not a christian one.

I agree, this alone was against them. The previous record should have said someone to the Koreans or any other nationality that were to go in there. I'm sorry that this is happening, but it wasn't obviously thought through carefully first.

robb9

Postby robb9 » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:07 am

I currently live in Korea and just so you know that the Korean government told them not to travel. They booked their tickets anyway and the Government canceled them. Then the group protested against the government and said you can not do that. They went to the middle east not respecting or understanding the culture at all. Going into the Mosques to preach their religion, Having Korean woman walking around and talking to the men. I think its a shame what happened, but then again, please just use a little common sense.

Its also funny how often the Koreans protest against America about everything, they sit in front of the embassy and burn flags. Then they beg for help. Its a little tiring to deal with them. I hope that the hostages are OK, but it is not Americas responsiblity to fix all of Koreans problems

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 3:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why would renegade terrorists care about a petition? Colossal waste of time don't you think? It's like the old saying, If you ban guns then only outlaws will have guns. The longer this go on the more press they get which is what they want.

What should have been done is to forbid do-gooders from putting themselves into danger in the first place. Why should the rest of the world be responsible for people who deliberately place themselves in harms way fully knowing that it could backfire in their faces. If they want to place russian roulette then let them pay the consequences.

As far as dragging the US into negotiations on behalf of the Koreans, I don't blame the US for not get involved. If the US won't negotiate with terrorists on behalf of their own citizens (and rightly so) then why should they do it for others who deliberately placed themselves in a dangerous situation in the first place. They gambled and lost. Sorry, but I have a hard time feeling for overly zealous missionary types. They should have never been let into the country in the first place. It is, after all, a muslim country and not a christian one.

There may be an upside to all this though. Maybe Asian countries will start to understands what kind of animals are in these countries and not just universally condemn those countries who are trying to make a stand against terrorists instead of meekly standing on the sidelines and making comments without doing anything themselves.

I'm sorry SMS but the American government will only sell arms to terrorists to save AMERICAN citizens.

First the Koreans want us to leave the penisula ... now they're begging us to send our delta forces in to save them .... hmmm... make up your mind or give everyone in the states free plasma TVs for life.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 6:48 pm

You really should use this:
Image :P :wink:

ciaral

korean to be set free

Postby ciaral » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 8:36 pm

don't bother so much on others ppl problem.... tis is the goverment responsibilty to take a serious measure. :???: :shock:

well for youself.... :mad: please do matter for your on life.

wat can you do to help..? do you have the money to help? do you have the power to change thing....? :mad: :???: :shock: if you can't answer non of the above, so why bother to sign the pettietion.... :o :shock:

even if you answer the above.... take a look at urself first.....
could u choose not work to earn money to hav a comfortable lifestyle...? :mad:

so why bother.... care for yourself first before you care for the others...... :P :cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 9:17 pm

ciaral,

My poor deluded friend, you really ARE a lost ball in high weeds aren't you. #-o

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Re: korean to be set free

Postby tingal79 » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 8:23 am

ciaral wrote:...wat can you do to help..? do you have the money to help? do you have the power to change thing....? if you can't answer non of the above, so why bother to sign the pettietion ...

friend. if i have the money and the power to help, i dont need to sign the petition.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:46 am

ciaral wrote:so why bother.... care for yourself first before you care for the others...... :P :cool:

ahh the asian credo.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:51 pm

huggybear wrote:
ciaral wrote:so why bother.... care for yourself first before you care for the others...... :P :cool:

ahh the asian credo.

Well it's obvious you've been in Singapore for at least 3 minutes! :mrgreen:

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Postby mayamomi » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 1:04 pm

ciaral wrote:don't bother so much on others ppl problem.... tis is the goverment responsibilty to take a serious measure. :???: :shock:

well for youself.... :mad: please do matter for your on life.

wat can you do to help..? do you have the money to help? do you have the power to change thing....? :mad: :???: :shock: if you can't answer non of the above, so why bother to sign the pettietion.... :o :shock:

even if you answer the above.... take a look at urself first.....
could u choose not work to earn money to hav a comfortable lifestyle...? :mad:

so why bother.... care for yourself first before you care for the others...... :P :cool:

TYPICAL Singaporean Attitude! when u're in trouble, u'll not think like this ... its plain selfish to say such a thing (in general i mean, not pertaining to this request for signing of the petition... )
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 11:50 am

I must come to the defense of the Singaporeans.

I will be the first to admit that I do complain about alot of things here in Singapore.
However I must also give credit where credit is due.

I have full faith that any Singaporean will come to anyones aid if anything bad would happen to them. Such as being mugged, beat up, fainting, anything that might happen to someone that requires the normal citizens assistance.

This peace of mind is very relieving when it comes to my children. Coming from the States you could not let your children out of your sight in fears of abduction or molestation.

If ever I was overcome by the heat as was to faint I am sure that people would not step over me and steal my wallet. Well someone might steal my wallet.

Well done Singapore.
And happy birth day.

Sorry to go off thread.
"If you fear change, you fear success"