Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
WoofAndQuack
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 09 Aug 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby WoofAndQuack » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:47 am

_Good_ wrote:Hello! Does anyone happen to have Mary's number from SIA recruitment? She called me this afternoon to ask me to get back to her on something but I misplaced her number... :(

Can anyone PM or reply to this message? :)

Thanks people! :wink:


hey _good_, i think u can ask confidenceless for mary's number. she probably has it coz she was waiting for mary's call and tried calling her somewhere last week. Rite? confidenceless?
people change to accept changes in people

2ndtimelucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 04 Sep 2007

Postby 2ndtimelucky » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 1:18 pm

HOHO Thanks!
:D anyway it feels really good to finally realise a dream......
i hope to follow Stephen Toh..he was actually the one who made in interested in this career... you know the guy who wrote the 4 steps to financial freedom?
will probably become a PE teacher once i retire from flying :D
at least can tell all the kids and hopefully my kids out there all the wonderful adventures and ppl i will have met in my lifetime. :P

also i would like to explain my nic... the first time i tried for qatar airways but got rejected on the 5th and final interview. :(
my second time... as you know now... is SIA..... it is my first time with SIA and i got in the first time! :D
hence 1st time luck with SIA but 2nd-time-lucky :P
hope that explains it... :lol:

2ndtimelucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 04 Sep 2007

Postby 2ndtimelucky » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 1:29 pm

oh ya.. just thinking..... there seems to be a lot of ppl with life science diplomas in SIA... :D i know 2 guys bertram and chris S. who are in undergoing training right now...
then in my group there is ben and me who went in also with science diplomas..
also i hope the training dont involve IVs :shock: and hope the CPR instructor not so siao on... :-|
i know cos that time i screw up during my CPR during my combat medic course the instructor tekan me do (30-2) the procedure for 15 min! :mad: :lol:

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 2:11 pm

12345 wrote:
_Good_ wrote:
2ndtimelucky wrote:I was the first guy today on the 845am slot to be interviewed..
boy.....there were 4 guys... i was hoping that i would at least be the last to be interviewed...
the 1st 2 questions i had prepared well but guess what?!
they asked me why didnt i go to university when my results were good enough.. :???:
in the end i answered that i didnt think it was right for them to think that i could not do this job jus becos i was good in studies plus i also told them that i was going for my dream.... to be a cabin attendant!

i really regretted saying that out of anger thought that it was very childish of me..... then they announced the result..........i got SELECTED!!!

for the gals and guys out there...


never stop anything from pursuuing what you really want to do... :D


Hey Chris! :shock: You're in this forum too? Haha.. I'm one of the other 3 guys with you today! Finally our dream has become reality! :D


Congrats both Good and 2ndtimelucky!!! So all 4 guys passed mgt today? :)


Hello 12345,

Supposed to have like 12 guys for the interview but the rest were late coz they lost their way. Haha.... Think the recruitment people were really busy so they asked the security to guide us there. Which was bad! They just gave us some general directions.... :?

Anyway, out of the 4 guys. 3 got thru... I pity the guy that didn't get thru. He seems really bright, friendly and well mannered. I really dunno why he didn't get in. :?

2ndtimelucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 04 Sep 2007

Postby 2ndtimelucky » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 2:19 pm

_Good_ wrote:
12345 wrote:
_Good_ wrote:
2ndtimelucky wrote:I was the first guy today on the 845am slot to be interviewed..
boy.....there were 4 guys... i was hoping that i would at least be the last to be interviewed...
the 1st 2 questions i had prepared well but guess what?!
they asked me why didnt i go to university when my results were good enough.. :???:
in the end i answered that i didnt think it was right for them to think that i could not do this job jus becos i was good in studies plus i also told them that i was going for my dream.... to be a cabin attendant!

i really regretted saying that out of anger thought that it was very childish of me..... then they announced the result..........i got SELECTED!!!

for the gals and guys out there...


never stop anything from pursuuing what you really want to do... :D


Hey Chris! :shock: You're in this forum too? Haha.. I'm one of the other 3 guys with you today! Finally our dream has become reality! :D


Congrats both Good and 2ndtimelucky!!! So all 4 guys passed mgt today? :)


Hello 12345,

Supposed to have like 12 guys for the interview but the rest were late coz they lost their way. Haha.... Think the recruitment people were really busy so they asked the security to guide us there. Which was bad! They just gave us some general directions.... :?

Anyway, out of the 4 guys. 3 got thru... I pity the guy that didn't get thru. He seems really bright, friendly and well mannered. I really dunno why he didn't get in. :?


me too. :-|

dilemma gal
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Jul 2007

Postby dilemma gal » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 3:04 pm

Hey anyone know what kind of questions will be asked during the managment interview??? chances of being booted out is it high???

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 5:38 pm

dilemma gal wrote:Hey anyone know what kind of questions will be asked during the managment interview??? chances of being booted out is it high???


Hi dilemma gal,

Usually if you can get to management round. Its most likely that you're 90-95% already hired. :) The interview is usually by 2 of SIA's staff. They can ask you on anything based on your application form. From your family to your school results or ask you to give them examples of good service...ect :-|

For my management round, they asked me these questions,

1. Tell us about yourself and your family.

2. Since you're the only son of the family, then arn't you spoilt by your parents? (i mentioned that I'm the only child of my family)

3. Give us a suitation or event which you've showed 'care' to someone.

4. Why the sudden career switch? (I was working in the science field)

5. Your school grades seem to be quite good, why didn't you choose to con't your studies?

Think its roughly these questions... My interview took about 7-10mins. So there's quite a fair bit of question and answer.

But I guess the main idea is still to see how confident you are when you're in the interview room. There are no model answers. :wink:

For my round of interview. 3 out of 4 guys went thru.... :D

Hope this helps! All the best for your management round! :wink:

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 5:43 pm

WoofAndQuack wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hello! Does anyone happen to have Mary's number from SIA recruitment? She called me this afternoon to ask me to get back to her on something but I misplaced her number... :(

Can anyone PM or reply to this message? :)

Thanks people! :wink:


hey _good_, i think u can ask confidenceless for mary's number. she probably has it coz she was waiting for mary's call and tried calling her somewhere last week. Rite? confidenceless?


Thanks WoofAndQuack! :wink:

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 5:54 pm

i think the management interview is quite easy compare to the first round where you have to answer unrelated questions... :o :o :o too bad it is hard to pass first round :?

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 7:16 pm

WoofAndQuack wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hello! Does anyone happen to have Mary's number from SIA recruitment? She called me this afternoon to ask me to get back to her on something but I misplaced her number... :(

Can anyone PM or reply to this message? :)

Thanks people! :wink:


hey _good_, i think u can ask confidenceless for mary's number. she probably has it coz she was waiting for mary's call and tried calling her somewhere last week. Rite? confidenceless?


Actually I do not have mary's number. What I did was I called up 100 to ask for the SIA HR department's number but apparently, they didn't have it so they gave me the main office number.

After that, I asked the person to give me the number for HR department.

I'm sorry to say that I do not have the numbers as I typed it in the wordpad but forget to save it. I'm also looking for Mary because I'm to receive an email from her but have yet to receive. :shock:

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 9:25 pm

confidenceless wrote:
WoofAndQuack wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Hello! Does anyone happen to have Mary's number from SIA recruitment? She called me this afternoon to ask me to get back to her on something but I misplaced her number... :(

Can anyone PM or reply to this message? :)

Thanks people! :wink:


hey _good_, i think u can ask confidenceless for mary's number. she probably has it coz she was waiting for mary's call and tried calling her somewhere last week. Rite? confidenceless?


Actually I do not have mary's number. What I did was I called up 100 to ask for the SIA HR department's number but apparently, they didn't have it so they gave me the main office number.

After that, I asked the person to give me the number for HR department.

I'm sorry to say that I do not have the numbers as I typed it in the wordpad but forget to save it. I'm also looking for Mary because I'm to receive an email from her but have yet to receive. :shock:


No prob confidenceless... Will try to get her number somehow... Haha :wink: Thanks! :D

dilemma gal
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Jul 2007

Postby dilemma gal » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 9:47 am

hey Good, thks for replying...mayb u r a guy and d passing rate is petty high as compared to to gaks... its true tt it all depends on the interviewers what they wan to ask me during the mgt interview. anyway i will do my best and c how it goes... thks!

_Good_ wrote:
dilemma gal wrote:Hey anyone know what kind of questions will be asked during the managment interview??? chances of being booted out is it high???


Hi dilemma gal,

Usually if you can get to management round. Its most likely that you're 90-95% already hired. :) The interview is usually by 2 of SIA's staff. They can ask you on anything based on your application form. From your family to your school results or ask you to give them examples of good service...ect :-|

For my management round, they asked me these questions,

1. Tell us about yourself and your family.

2. Since you're the only son of the family, then arn't you spoilt by your parents? (i mentioned that I'm the only child of my family)

3. Give us a suitation or event which you've showed 'care' to someone.

4. Why the sudden career switch? (I was working in the science field)

5. Your school grades seem to be quite good, why didn't you choose to con't your studies?

Think its roughly these questions... My interview took about 7-10mins. So there's quite a fair bit of question and answer.

But I guess the main idea is still to see how confident you are when you're in the interview room. There are no model answers. :wink:

For my round of interview. 3 out of 4 guys went thru.... :D

Hope this helps! All the best for your management round! :wink:

2ndtimelucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 04 Sep 2007

Postby 2ndtimelucky » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:54 am

good day guys..
my friend recieved his training start date...its on 17 sept 2007. :shock:
so i guess that would be the earliest start date for those who passed the 030907 and 040907 interviews.
anybody recieved theirs yet?
:) thanks!

User avatar
WoofAndQuack
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 09 Aug 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby WoofAndQuack » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:32 pm

2ndtimelucky wrote:good day guys..
my friend recieved his training start date...its on 17 sept 2007. :shock:
so i guess that would be the earliest start date for those who passed the 030907 and 040907 interviews.
anybody recieved theirs yet?
:) thanks!


so chris, u probably starting on that date too?
people change to accept changes in people

2ndtimelucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 04 Sep 2007

Postby 2ndtimelucky » Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:37 pm

these were my interview questions:

1. tell us about yourself and what you are doing now.

2. tell us about your family

3. why do you want to be a cabin crew?

4. what qualities do you have that makes you suitable for this job? :P (i knew this was coming :P , usually feel very uncomfortable answering this question, makes me feel like am very snobbish :oops: )

5. Your results and diploma(life science) seems to indicate to us that you are a very intellectual type of person? why didnt you go to university instead?
(i didnt expect this question :???: DIE :???: )

6. why dont you want to explore other career options for yourself, we dont want to hire someone who wants to quit after 2 yrs.
(Of course i was serious about this job! in fact i hope i will still be in this career for at least 5 yrs.. i already turned down 2 job offers to be a trainee bank officer (OCBC) and a med tech position in a hospital.. :x ... :lol: but of course i didnt tell them.....and no i wont tell you how i answered this question :P )

7. you play sports?

8. if you didnt get this job offer? what are your future plans?
(ok i thought i was done for..... my other friend say that usually ppl who get asked this question 99% of the time kena rejected.. :cry:
:P now i know he bullsh*t :P .. i asked a human resource friend of mine say this question is another way to ask....[Are you really serious about this job].... i answered if i failed i will keep on trying untill i succeed.

9. any questions?

end of interview... :)

on an end note... i realised that in the end of the day... it really boils down to whether the interviewers LIKE YOU or NOT.
its EXTREMELY hard to not be yourself during the interview as i could feel the interviewers were very experienced in judging ppl...... :???:
BUT! im sure that those of you who are very very serious about this career... im sure you will succeed one day! 2 factors to take note...Sincerity and LUCK :P
Hope that helps!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest