Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Mon, 03 Sep 2007 11:47 pm

DeeeNah wrote:congrats confidenceless! See you soon!


Thanks!! :D
Cya!

lolitaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat, 27 May 2006

Re: Yeah~

Postby lolitaa » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:47 am

confidenceless wrote:YEAH! I RECEIVED THE CALL FROM MARY!!

I'm starting on 12th sept!


Congrats! Told ya not to worry! Enjoy your trainings! =)

User avatar
WoofAndQuack
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 09 Aug 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby WoofAndQuack » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 2:05 pm

today is a very bad luck day for me. Failed WCT. 5/13 didnt make it and i'm one of them. To make matters worst, kena fine $200!!! for throwing cigarette butt at Simei MRT just after i got rejected at STC. Guess what? 2 guys with huge tattos on shoulders and their back got through. Good luck to you peeps going for mangement on the 10th!
people change to accept changes in people

2ndtimelucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 04 Sep 2007

Postby 2ndtimelucky » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 3:53 pm

I was the first guy today on the 845am slot to be interviewed..
boy.....there were 4 guys... i was hoping that i would at least be the last to be interviewed...
the 1st 2 questions i had prepared well but guess what?!
they asked me why didnt i go to university when my results were good enough.. :???:
in the end i answered that i didnt think it was right for them to think that i could not do this job jus becos i was good in studies plus i also told them that i was going for my dream.... to be a cabin attendant!

i really regretted saying that out of anger thought that it was very childish of me..... then they announced the result..........i got SELECTED!!!

for the gals and guys out there...
never stop anything from pursuuing what you really want to do... :D

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 5:25 pm

you are really secondtime lucky i prepare so well already i still don't know how to answer i am jealous of those selected here :o :?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Postby love`Qoo » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 5:42 pm

downtown wrote:you are really secondtime lucky i prepare so well already i still don't know how to answer i am jealous of those selected here :o :?


there's nothing to be jealous about.. just tell yourself,there would be this day for me as well!!

perhaps till that day,someone out there would be jealous of u?! if u can,u can.. its just the matter of time gal.. no need to be jealous.. should be happy for them,happy for SIA too.. recruiting so many great ppl here.. :D

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 6:25 pm

Hello! Does anyone happen to have Mary's number from SIA recruitment? She called me this afternoon to ask me to get back to her on something but I misplaced her number... :(

Can anyone PM or reply to this message? :)

Thanks people! :wink:

calvink
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

Hi

Postby calvink » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 8:06 pm

Hi 2ndluckytime..... well your answer .. i dont think its rude...cause youre defending your right to be part of the team....

jing83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 27 Aug 2007

Postby jing83 » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 9:01 pm

anyone noes how long will it take for SIA to contact us after we did the medical checkup?

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 9:35 pm

jing83 wrote:anyone noes how long will it take for SIA to contact us after we did the medical checkup?


It depends.
They got back to me the day after the medical checkup.

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 9:36 pm

2ndtimelucky wrote:I was the first guy today on the 845am slot to be interviewed..
boy.....there were 4 guys... i was hoping that i would at least be the last to be interviewed...
the 1st 2 questions i had prepared well but guess what?!
they asked me why didnt i go to university when my results were good enough.. :???:
in the end i answered that i didnt think it was right for them to think that i could not do this job jus becos i was good in studies plus i also told them that i was going for my dream.... to be a cabin attendant!

i really regretted saying that out of anger thought that it was very childish of me..... then they announced the result..........i got SELECTED!!!

for the gals and guys out there...
never stop anything from pursuuing what you really want to do... :D


CONGRATS! :D

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 9:38 pm

WoofAndQuack wrote:today is a very bad luck day for me. Failed WCT. 5/13 didnt make it and i'm one of them. To make matters worst, kena fine $200!!! for throwing cigarette butt at Simei MRT just after i got rejected at STC. Guess what? 2 guys with huge tattos on shoulders and their back got through. Good luck to you peeps going for mangement on the 10th!


Well, cheer up!
That's why people always say that we don't know what SIA is looking out for. Luck plays a big part and perhaps on tt day, you were lacked of it.

If it's something u want to do, go try again!
Don't be disheartened. I tried twice before getting through too!
Also, there are people who tried several times before getting to training.
Don't give up!!

:)

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:30 pm

2ndtimelucky wrote:I was the first guy today on the 845am slot to be interviewed..
boy.....there were 4 guys... i was hoping that i would at least be the last to be interviewed...
the 1st 2 questions i had prepared well but guess what?!
they asked me why didnt i go to university when my results were good enough.. :???:
in the end i answered that i didnt think it was right for them to think that i could not do this job jus becos i was good in studies plus i also told them that i was going for my dream.... to be a cabin attendant!

i really regretted saying that out of anger thought that it was very childish of me..... then they announced the result..........i got SELECTED!!!

for the gals and guys out there...
never stop anything from pursuuing what you really want to do... :D


Hey Chris! :shock: You're in this forum too? Haha.. I'm one of the other 3 guys with you today! Finally our dream has become reality! :D

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 1:39 am

_Good_ wrote:
2ndtimelucky wrote:I was the first guy today on the 845am slot to be interviewed..
boy.....there were 4 guys... i was hoping that i would at least be the last to be interviewed...
the 1st 2 questions i had prepared well but guess what?!
they asked me why didnt i go to university when my results were good enough.. :???:
in the end i answered that i didnt think it was right for them to think that i could not do this job jus becos i was good in studies plus i also told them that i was going for my dream.... to be a cabin attendant!

i really regretted saying that out of anger thought that it was very childish of me..... then they announced the result..........i got SELECTED!!!

for the gals and guys out there...
never stop anything from pursuuing what you really want to do... :D


Hey Chris! :shock: You're in this forum too? Haha.. I'm one of the other 3 guys with you today! Finally our dream has become reality! :D


Congrats both Good and 2ndtimelucky!!! So all 4 guys passed mgt today? :)

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Wed, 05 Sep 2007 1:41 am

WoofAndQuack wrote:today is a very bad luck day for me. Failed WCT. 5/13 didnt make it and i'm one of them. To make matters worst, kena fine $200!!! for throwing cigarette butt at Simei MRT just after i got rejected at STC. Guess what? 2 guys with huge tattos on shoulders and their back got through. Good luck to you peeps going for mangement on the 10th!


Oh my...so sorry to hear wat happened today. Any idea wat went wrong? But anyways, cheer up! U can always try again in the future :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest