Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 1:53 pm

_Good_ wrote:Phew... :) The WCT for the guys were much better today! Out of the 18 guys... ALL PASSED! Even one who didn't know how to swim passed. :)


huh...?thats good for the guys but bad for the girls..how come the difference so big between the no of guys who pass and the no of girls who pass?

lolitaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat, 27 May 2006

Postby lolitaa » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 5:27 pm

Perhaps they have more female applicants than male, which is always the case. Well, I got booted out of ytd's wct too! Not sure what they were looking for, but I could swim and jump out of the mock plane without struggle at all. I guess it must be something else since the passing rate was so shocking.

Good luck to all who passed WCT!

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 5:38 pm

lolitaa wrote:Perhaps they have more female applicants than male, which is always the case. Well, I got booted out of ytd's wct too! Not sure what they were looking for, but I could swim and jump out of the mock plane without struggle at all. I guess it must be something else since the passing rate was so shocking.

Good luck to all who passed WCT!


it's okay... can always try again... anyway they're now recruitng as well.. juz send in ya application form and try ba.. :D

maybe you can do better the next time??
Soaring above all

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 5:58 pm

lolitaa wrote:Perhaps they have more female applicants than male, which is always the case. Well, I got booted out of ytd's wct too! Not sure what they were looking for, but I could swim and jump out of the mock plane without struggle at all. I guess it must be something else since the passing rate was so shocking.

Good luck to all who passed WCT!


THIS IS SO UNFAIR TO THE GIRLS WHO SWIM WELL

starlit3z
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 25 Aug 2007

Postby starlit3z » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 7:29 pm

confidenceless wrote:
jing83 wrote:confidenceless: hey gal,r u one of the gals too?

starlit3z: hey im there too =) seems like quite a few of us are in this forum


Yup yup!!! :P


i was number 9!! u guys??? when is your mgtment interview???

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 9:12 pm

starlit3z wrote:
confidenceless wrote:
jing83 wrote:confidenceless: hey gal,r u one of the gals too?

starlit3z: hey im there too =) seems like quite a few of us are in this forum


Yup yup!!! :P


i was number 9!! u guys??? when is your mgtment interview???


I was number 2!!!! :D
We were so near each other. HAHAHA!

My mgtment interview is over, today.

lolitaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat, 27 May 2006

Postby lolitaa » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 9:57 pm

Hi no2! No3 here, u rmb me? How was your management, hope everything's great. I'm gonna try my luck with the write-in now!

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:03 pm

lolitaa wrote:Hi no2! No3 here, u rmb me? How was your management, hope everything's great. I'm gonna try my luck with the write-in now!


Haha! Yeah, I rmb u!

My management int was fine. I'm waiting for my medical check up results so just praying everything will be fine.

TRY!! GOOD LUCK TO U ALRIGHT?! :D

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:05 pm

Anyone can shed some light on the type of question that the management will be asking for the final interview? :)

Thanks! :wink:

lolitaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat, 27 May 2006

Postby lolitaa » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:05 pm

downtown wrote:
lolitaa wrote:Perhaps they have more female applicants than male, which is always the case. Well, I got booted out of ytd's wct too! Not sure what they were looking for, but I could swim and jump out of the mock plane without struggle at all. I guess it must be something else since the passing rate was so shocking.

Good luck to all who passed WCT!


THIS IS SO UNFAIR TO THE GIRLS WHO SWIM WELL


It's never unfair to anyone, they are the one who is selecting the candidate, therefore they are not oblige to choose us. Especially when they are being spoilt for choice.

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:11 pm

_Good_ wrote:Anyone can shed some light on the type of question that the management will be asking for the final interview? :)

Thanks! :wink:


Erm, from what I have gathered, it seems like they can ask anything under the sun. They even asked me about the number of maids that I have at home and do I do the housechores too.

It's quite casual actually and to me, it seems more relaxing as compared to the 1 vs 1 interview. However, since it's the mgtment interview, we can't help but to feel the nervousness.

When's urs?

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:16 pm

Wow! Actually they asked me a lot of unrelated question during the one-to-one interview liao. I hope they'll not ask me some killer questions or some neither right nor wrong questions.... I hate those! Haha...

Anyway, my management is coming up on 4th Sep - Tues.
From the WCT guys... got 6 guys joining some of the girls on 3rd for the interview. Rest of the 12 would be going on the 4th. :)

lolitaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat, 27 May 2006

Postby lolitaa » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:23 pm

confidenceless wrote:
lolitaa wrote:Hi no2! No3 here, u rmb me? How was your management, hope everything's great. I'm gonna try my luck with the write-in now!


Haha! Yeah, I rmb u!

My management int was fine. I'm waiting for my medical check up results so just praying everything will be fine.

TRY!! GOOD LUCK TO U ALRIGHT?! :D


Thanks, don't worry, medical will be a breeze unless you have terminal disease or serious asthma etc! =)

confidenceless
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 13 Jul 2007

Postby confidenceless » Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:30 pm

_Good_ wrote:Wow! Actually they asked me a lot of unrelated question during the one-to-one interview liao. I hope they'll not ask me some killer questions or some neither right nor wrong questions.... I hate those! Haha...

Anyway, my management is coming up on 4th Sep - Tues.
From the WCT guys... got 6 guys joining some of the girls on 3rd for the interview. Rest of the 12 would be going on the 4th. :)


Oh? U're a male?
Hahaha! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! :)

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:11 am

confidenceless wrote:
_Good_ wrote:Wow! Actually they asked me a lot of unrelated question during the one-to-one interview liao. I hope they'll not ask me some killer questions or some neither right nor wrong questions.... I hate those! Haha...

Anyway, my management is coming up on 4th Sep - Tues.
From the WCT guys... got 6 guys joining some of the girls on 3rd for the interview. Rest of the 12 would be going on the 4th. :)


Oh? U're a male?
Hahaha! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! :)


Ha! :wink: Thanks! Will do my best!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest