Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 2:42 pm

Hi LEINA,
I believe for mild asthma, you just experience coughing n wheezing which gives u a lil discomfort when breathing. Perhaps the fact that your last attack was only last year does not sound convincing since asthma is considered as a chronic disease. I think there's no harm in trying again. But this time do mention that it is really super mild and you should watch what you eat. :)

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 2:50 pm

Lucille wrote:just some info to share... if wan to avoid the water touching ur face during the jump, here is something i learned during my swim class (dunnoe if it will work out right for u but no harm trying).. before u jump, cross ur arm ard ur crest.. and when u are about to reach the water (maybe when u leg touches or somewhere even closer.. spread ur arm wide with force as u hit the water... this would avoid ur face from being cover with water... hope it works out.. cos that what i learn during surviour.. hehe...

good luck..


if you spread your arms wide, your lifevest will flew out from your neck due to the impact. so you rather risk drowning or your pretty face? for wct, if you wish to put on make up make sure its waterproof. n remember to hold on tight to your lifevest. :wink:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 3:17 pm

oohlala wrote:Hi LEINA,
But this time do mention that it is really super mild and you should watch what you eat. :)


This will make no difference, what matters is what the airline's criteria permits.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 3:18 pm


Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:22 pm

oohlala wrote:
Lucille wrote:just some info to share... if wan to avoid the water touching ur face during the jump, here is something i learned during my swim class (dunnoe if it will work out right for u but no harm trying).. before u jump, cross ur arm ard ur crest.. and when u are about to reach the water (maybe when u leg touches or somewhere even closer.. spread ur arm wide with force as u hit the water... this would avoid ur face from being cover with water... hope it works out.. cos that what i learn during surviour.. hehe...

good luck..


if you spread your arms wide, your lifevest will flew out from your neck due to the impact. so you rather risk drowning or your pretty face? for wct, if you wish to put on make up make sure its waterproof. n remember to hold on tight to your lifevest. :wink:


the life vest should be tight ard ur body...

Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:24 pm

Plavt wrote:
oohlala wrote:
if you spread your arms wide, your lifevest will flew out from your neck due to the impact. :


:???: :???: :???:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G9Kvj-uWRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXKWeVwumW0&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzizvW_u2U8&mode=related&search=


hahah
sorry. the life vest i saw was diff.. opps.. yup.. this way sure not worries.. cos i was train that way so tot maybe can share.. haha

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 4:51 pm

Lucille wrote:sorry. the life vest i saw was diff.. opps.. yup.. this way sure not worries.. cos i was train that way so tot maybe can share.. haha


I expected that; the point I was making is; if it is secured properly they shouldn't fly out. I can't retrieve it but I have seen photographs of SIA crew taking the WCT after the jump and the vests are secure.

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 5:17 pm

wah.. so fast!

but i guess i stand no chance (once they see my age, hehe)... cos i personally think that walk in are better, it gives everyone a chance. and the interviewers can really get to see u in person.

good luck to all applying! :)

Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 5:42 pm

hmm if they have pev record wouldnt they know who is good and bad?
but honestly.. i wonder when we go for interview.. everything is in paper.. they really go type one by one person records into the com??

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 5:51 pm

Lucille wrote:hmm if they have pev record wouldnt they know who is good and bad?
but honestly.. i wonder when we go for interview.. everything is in paper.. they really go type one by one person records into the com??


i think they probably juz record your NRIC/Passport num and your name..
Soaring above all

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 5:56 pm

why no walk in this time round..i heard before they are strict in their in selections...maybe they want to find better ones

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

Postby oohlala » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 6:25 pm

Plavt wrote:
oohlala wrote:
if you spread your arms wide, your lifevest will flew out from your neck due to the impact. :


:???: :???: :???:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G9Kvj-uWRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXKWeVwumW0&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzizvW_u2U8&mode=related&search=


well, during my wct we were reminded to hold on to the lifevest n there was 1 girl(was it you ruriko?)whose lifevest flew out from her neck. but thankfully she knew how to swim. believe it or not. it does happen. as for the vids, jumping from ground height might not create such strong impact n i doubt the instructors at stc are not aware of proper inflation of lifevest.
8-)

calvink
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

Hi

Postby calvink » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 7:04 pm

Wow...so fast.....

Singaporean/ Malaysian Flight Stewardesses/ Stewards. (Residing in Singapore) - new category...lol


Interested applicants graduating by end 2007 may also apply- oso new statement...:P


It didnt state when.. but shall be in september i guess..

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 7:32 pm

oohlala wrote:well, during my wct we were reminded to hold on to the lifevest n there was 1 girl(was it you ruriko?)whose lifevest flew out from her neck.


Just an added safety precaution, it shouldn't happen if they are fastened securely.

but thankfully she knew how to swim.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

as for the vids, jumping from ground height might not create such strong impact


Try re-reading the last paragraph of my orginal post.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Tue, 28 Aug 2007 9:48 pm

yeapp.. i posted that on a new topic!
when strange things happen, they call it fate.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests