Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zcarina
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby zcarina » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 3:08 pm

all the best n good luck for all those who r trying!!! me also going too.. my 6th/7th attempt!! can't remeber liao.. haha

calvink
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

HiHi

Postby calvink » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 3:21 pm

Hi...just go and try..why do u wanna wait...don wait....or else..they might just hold the recruitment for quite some time....who knows.....

People come and go in SIA crew.....but fortunate for those who wanna try...cause they will hold recruitment very frequently...hehehe...... :D

rurik0
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby rurik0 » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 8:54 pm

starie wrote:
rurik0 wrote:will they be recruiting monthly till next year...? or only just this period of time...? coz i'll only be able to try late dec/jan 08... any idea?


hey girl.. i feel like trying out.. =\
you want?
i think its unfair to ban only those who reached the management round.. because i dont understand why. =\


i wan too..but i don think its wise to go so soon, since they ord told us we r banned...we will most probably get rejected and might even be blacklisted... i was planning to try mb in Dec/Jan that time... i'm afraid we might be giving a bad impression, since dey oredi told us to wait ...
anyone knows of anyone who got in before the 6mths is up?

rurik0
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby rurik0 » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 8:55 pm

and funny thing is, when the lady in mgmt rd told me i wasn't selected, she said: you have to try again. She din say anything bout the ban. It was only when i asked her if i have to wait 6 months den she told me... if i din ask i don't think she would have said it.... =S

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:55 pm

Paige wrote:
rurik0 wrote:omg... i'm banned T__T
anyway they seem to be recruiting monthly? lol.... o.O


Hi Rurik0,

Yes. You are right. At this moment SQ will be recruiting every month and will try to clear the applicants within a month compared to the recruitment last time which was conducting every 2 months and at least 1.5mth of recruitment process, now is a lot shorter. It is because currently SQ is facing a huge shortage of crews because a lot of crew left after taking their 6 months bonus.
Anyway, good luck to those who are trying!! :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


Hello Paige,

R u currently a crew with SQ?? :)

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:04 am

Paige wrote:
rurik0 wrote:omg... i'm banned T__T
anyway they seem to be recruiting monthly? lol.... o.O


Hi Rurik0,

Yes. You are right. At this moment SQ will be recruiting every month and will try to clear the applicants within a month compared to the recruitment last time which was conducting every 2 months and at least 1.5mth of recruitment process, now is a lot shorter. It is because currently SQ is facing a huge shortage of crews because a lot of crew left after taking their 6 months bonus.
Anyway, good luck to those who are trying!! :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


Paige: Remember me? Are you trying again ? :)

lambretta_mum
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: someone pls share

Postby lambretta_mum » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 4:17 pm

sallyandharry wrote:Hi, do you think i should even try if im 1.55m? are they very strict with height limits? or do they have any with tip-toe height. i think im able to reach 211


you may want to try, cos ive seen all those new batches, the ladies are way shorter than expected. really. just go for it. but you MUST meet their qualification hor. they're very strict on that.

best of luck!

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 5:21 pm

does anybody has idea if we actually go to the interview on the 25th and cant make it through... will we be able to try again on the 26th?

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 5:38 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:does anybody has idea if we actually go to the interview on the 25th and cant make it through... will we be able to try again on the 26th?


no... one recruitment drive can only tried once... they do have records of your attendance... so if you fail on 25th, and go on 26th... they will reject you ask u wait for next recruitment...
Soaring above all

User avatar
charlene_yy
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 30 Dec 2005

Postby charlene_yy » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 7:39 pm

i'm gonna try again too!!! i think i'm the worst. my 7th of 8th attempt? lost track too.. i'm such a failure with round 1 :oops:

Aquagal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006
Contact:

Postby Aquagal » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:56 pm

Anyone interested to go for the 26th recruitment?? Thought of going, this is my first time trying.. hope to have more ppl joining me.. Kindly pm me if u are interested.......... :D


Cheers!!

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:18 am

VeniE wrote:
bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:does anybody has idea if we actually go to the interview on the 25th and cant make it through... will we be able to try again on the 26th?


no... one recruitment drive can only tried once... they do have records of your attendance... so if you fail on 25th, and go on 26th... they will reject you ask u wait for next recruitment...


thanks for the info!
praying & hoping for the best this time round! :)

User avatar
DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu, 01 Feb 2007

Re: someone pls share

Postby DeeeNah » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:19 am

lambretta_mum wrote:
sallyandharry wrote:Hi, do you think i should even try if im 1.55m? are they very strict with height limits? or do they have any with tip-toe height. i think im able to reach 211


you may want to try, cos ive seen all those new batches, the ladies are way shorter than expected. really. just go for it. but you MUST meet their qualification hor. they're very strict on that.

best of luck!


Hey they are VERY strict with height. I was almost cut off because of height. If you are not 157.5 and above I don't think you should try. I heard that the height requirement is part of airline regulations.
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

angelstarr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 09 Aug 2007

Postby angelstarr » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 1:30 am

Good luck to everyone who is going to this coming interview... :D

jolene23
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 28 Jun 2007

Re: someone pls share

Postby jolene23 » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 5:41 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
lambretta_mum wrote:
sallyandharry wrote:Hi, do you think i should even try if im 1.55m? are they very strict with height limits? or do they have any with tip-toe height. i think im able to reach 211


you may want to try, cos ive seen all those new batches, the ladies are way shorter than expected. really. just go for it. but you MUST meet their qualification hor. they're very strict on that.

best of luck!


Hey they are VERY strict with height. I was almost cut off because of height. If you are not 157.5 and above I don't think you should try. I heard that the height requirement is part of airline regulations.


Hm........157.5cm is the cut off meh??? My frd was kick out cos she is 157.7.......only 0.3 cm diff...

A question from a frd- if got 2 A levels and 2 O levels...but lost the O levels cert, only have the A levels... can anot?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aspringCC, Nicknack and 2 guests