Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 4:41 pm

mayamomi wrote:not exactly true... some pple are heavy in weight .. but their size still good. could be just muscles or heavy in the right places?? :lol:

for the skinny ... difficult ... can't fill out the kebaya if u're underweight i guess... could be a problem... who wants to see a supposedly fitted kebaya hanging loosely on a skeletal frame??? :-|


Yeah man, it's about a correct balance when it comes to height and weight. Still when it comes to being in good size, muscles or :oops: heavy in the right places wouldn't differs much as what's expected of you. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just my 2cents worth of thought ... :P
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

User avatar
mayamomi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Postby mayamomi » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 5:13 pm

rev12000 wrote:
mayamomi wrote:not exactly true... some pple are heavy in weight .. but their size still good. could be just muscles or heavy in the right places?? :lol:

for the skinny ... difficult ... can't fill out the kebaya if u're underweight i guess... could be a problem... who wants to see a supposedly fitted kebaya hanging loosely on a skeletal frame??? :-|


Yeah man, it's about a correct balance when it comes to height and weight. Still when it comes to being in good size, muscles or :oops: heavy in the right places wouldn't differs much as what's expected of you. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just my 2cents worth of thought ... :P



especially men.. eg. someone 85-90kg at 1.8m could be toned and well-built with muscles/pecs/bum/v-shape etc... and the other who is same weight and height could be an overweight bum with a spare tyre for a waist... but measuring by BMI - both would be 26+ which shows "overweight" ...

but of cos that applies to women only to a certain extent, as women normally do not build themselves to be that BIG ... :lol:

however, what i was trying to say is just that weight not always everything.. don be obsessed with numbers... :o
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 5:41 pm

mayamomi wrote:especially men.. eg. someone 85-90kg at 1.8m could be toned and well-built with muscles/pecs/bum/v-shape etc... and the other who is same weight and height could be an overweight bum with a spare tyre for a waist... but measuring by BMI - both would be 26+ which shows "overweight" ...

but of cos that applies to women only to a certain extent, as women normally do not build themselves to be that BIG ... :lol:

however, what i was trying to say is just that weight not always everything.. don be obsessed with numbers... :o


HaHaHa, i know what you mean. Hope you understand where i'm coming from as well. CHEERS!! :)
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

User avatar
mayamomi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Postby mayamomi » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 6:57 pm

rev12000 wrote:
mayamomi wrote:especially men.. eg. someone 85-90kg at 1.8m could be toned and well-built with muscles/pecs/bum/v-shape etc... and the other who is same weight and height could be an overweight bum with a spare tyre for a waist... but measuring by BMI - both would be 26+ which shows "overweight" ...

but of cos that applies to women only to a certain extent, as women normally do not build themselves to be that BIG ... :lol:

however, what i was trying to say is just that weight not always everything.. don be obsessed with numbers... :o


HaHaHa, i know what you mean. Hope you understand where i'm coming from as well. CHEERS!! :)


all's good... cheers! :D the post was really meant for those aspiring to be SIA girls... do not be too concerned about ur weight or figure.. as long as u're healthy looking and not too fat or skinny, didn't think that should be a problem at all.. its more of ur confidence carrying yourself.

good luck, everyone! :D
To you, he's a dog...

To me, he's everything...

ugly_betty
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri, 03 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby ugly_betty » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 7:08 pm

downtown wrote:
ugly_betty wrote:erm, what do we wear on the day of the interview?

Also, what questions would they most likely ask?


1.what do you know about cabin crew job
2. what would be the greatest obstacle if you get the job
3. how do you handle passangers
4. tell me about yourself and your family
5. what is your job and how do i like it and stuff
6. how serious you are to be a cabin crew.
7. why do you want to be a cabin crew
8. why do you join our company?
9.what are your weakness?



wow thanks alot! though i always hate the 'what are your weaknesses' kind of question.. sigh

Will they ask all of these questions just during the first interview?
and what should we wear for the first interview?

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 7:12 pm

[quote=wow thanks alot! though i always hate the 'what are your weaknesses' kind of question.. sigh

Will they ask all of these questions just during the first interview?
and what should we wear for the first interview?[/quote]

i failed my first round of interview...they ask one question before moving to another round

which country would you like to go? why..

vanessarei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007

hello!!!

Postby vanessarei » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 9:59 pm

Im new to this forum!
Anyone wants to join me for the interview on Sat??

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:10 pm

Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D


was thinking maybe i should get braces too.. but it will be a long wait. haiz.


erm, if you feel uncomfortable and want to be look perfect for the judges, go for it! Coz do not let anything put you down and unsuccessful for your application. You can check with your dentist the time duration for your braces and there you can estimate..As for me, I really want to be a cabin crew and did my braces. Anyway, your teeth is for life and for all the upcoming interviews!!


:lol:

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:25 pm

I'll be going on sunday! Anyone going for sunday? :D

Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:32 pm

mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D


was thinking maybe i should get braces too.. but it will be a long wait. haiz.


erm, if you feel uncomfortable and want to be look perfect for the judges, go for it! Coz do not let anything put you down and unsuccessful for your application. You can check with your dentist the time duration for your braces and there you can estimate..As for me, I really want to be a cabin crew and did my braces. Anyway, your teeth is for life and for all the upcoming interviews!!


:lol:


thanks~! ur words really make me feel much more comfortable.. hahah braces are like an investment bah.. but for now.. i just spend 2k buying treatments and products for my face if gg spent on braces i got to make sure i get in man~! hahahhaha

ugly_betty
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri, 03 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby ugly_betty » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 9:59 am

Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D


was thinking maybe i should get braces too.. but it will be a long wait. haiz.


erm, if you feel uncomfortable and want to be look perfect for the judges, go for it! Coz do not let anything put you down and unsuccessful for your application. You can check with your dentist the time duration for your braces and there you can estimate..As for me, I really want to be a cabin crew and did my braces. Anyway, your teeth is for life and for all the upcoming interviews!!


:lol:


thanks~! ur words really make me feel much more comfortable.. hahah braces are like an investment bah.. but for now.. i just spend 2k buying treatments and products for my face if gg spent on braces i got to make sure i get in man~! hahahhaha


Hi!

You could take up this treatment that only takes 4-6 months to straighten, depending on how bad the condition is..its sth like braces but less painful and 'ugly'.. BUT its twice the price of braces or more, depending..

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:14 am

_Good_ wrote:I'll be going on sunday! Anyone going for sunday? :D


i doubt they will not be hiring a lot of people :cry:

Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:31 am

ugly_betty wrote:
Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D


was thinking maybe i should get braces too.. but it will be a long wait. haiz.


erm, if you feel uncomfortable and want to be look perfect for the judges, go for it! Coz do not let anything put you down and unsuccessful for your application. You can check with your dentist the time duration for your braces and there you can estimate..As for me, I really want to be a cabin crew and did my braces. Anyway, your teeth is for life and for all the upcoming interviews!!


:lol:


thanks~! ur words really make me feel much more comfortable.. hahah braces are like an investment bah.. but for now.. i just spend 2k buying treatments and products for my face if gg spent on braces i got to make sure i get in man~! hahahhaha


Hi!

You could take up this treatment that only takes 4-6 months to straighten, depending on how bad the condition is..its sth like braces but less painful and 'ugly'.. BUT its twice the price of braces or more, depending..


what treatment is dat? i tot of comestic dentistry but it super ex bah... hahah but only need just 1 day and everything is nice nice.. hahah

_Good_
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed, 22 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby _Good_ » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:30 am

downtown wrote:
_Good_ wrote:I'll be going on sunday! Anyone going for sunday? :D


i doubt they will not be hiring a lot of people :cry:


Yeah! I'm sure they're gonna recruit quite many people this time round since they're short of staff now.

But does anyone know roughly whats their cut off? Per batch? From my last experience...

1st round : Out of ten - 4-5 goes thru

2nd round : out of ten - 3-4 goes thru....

The rest of the rounds I'm not so sure... Got out the 2nd round. :roll: :cry:

ugly_betty
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri, 03 Aug 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby ugly_betty » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:55 am

Lucille wrote:
ugly_betty wrote:
Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:
mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D


was thinking maybe i should get braces too.. but it will be a long wait. haiz.


erm, if you feel uncomfortable and want to be look perfect for the judges, go for it! Coz do not let anything put you down and unsuccessful for your application. You can check with your dentist the time duration for your braces and there you can estimate..As for me, I really want to be a cabin crew and did my braces. Anyway, your teeth is for life and for all the upcoming interviews!!


:lol:


thanks~! ur words really make me feel much more comfortable.. hahah braces are like an investment bah.. but for now.. i just spend 2k buying treatments and products for my face if gg spent on braces i got to make sure i get in man~! hahahhaha


Hi!

You could take up this treatment that only takes 4-6 months to straighten, depending on how bad the condition is..its sth like braces but less painful and 'ugly'.. BUT its twice the price of braces or more, depending..


what treatment is dat? i tot of comestic dentistry but it super ex bah... hahah but only need just 1 day and everything is nice nice.. hahah


haha no la not 1 day la so fast meh.. those kind need to pull teeth or do surgery one huh> lolx *ouch*
its just sth like braces lor.. but plastic, not metal, and its trnsparent so not really visible.. calle invisalign or sth.. but costs around $8k la..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest