Singapore Expats Forum

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 8:52 am

flowerr wrote:hi.. i am ard 161cm but my weight is only 41-42kgs.. do i still stand a chance?


hmmm... you can try... but i think you might be a little thin... will be a little tough for you at kebaya round...
Soaring above all

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 9:03 am

VeniE wrote:
flowerr wrote:hi.. i am ard 161cm but my weight is only 41-42kgs.. do i still stand a chance?


hmmm... you can try... but i think you might be a little thin... will be a little tough for you at kebaya round...


i weight 42kg

hoofmaker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 21 Aug 2007

Postby hoofmaker » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 1:58 pm

Well, it should be okay if you look good in the kebaya.

The most they would do to you, is to ask you to put on weight during the water cofidence test!

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 3:11 pm

flowerr wrote:hi.. i am ard 161cm but my weight is only 41-42kgs.. do i still stand a chance?


Weight doesnt matter, as long u have wat it takes shudn't a prob.
Go on dun hesitate or in doubt of those. k

:wink:

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 7:02 pm

i am dying to get a place is SIA..this coming interview will sure torture me.. :x :x :x

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 9:56 pm

flowerr wrote:hi.. i am ard 161cm but my weight is only 41-42kgs.. do i still stand a chance?


check if you're in the healthy range of BMI index

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/adu ... ulator.htm

i should think you're underweight but i'm sure it will not pose as much problems as being overweight :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:01 pm

hoofmaker wrote:Well, it should be okay if you look good in the kebaya.

The most they would do to you, is to ask you to put on weight during the water cofidence test!


how do they judge for kebaya round? posture ?

Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:25 pm

is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:35 pm

Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D

Lucille
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007

Postby Lucille » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:15 am

mouse wrote:
Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?


Don't think straight teeth is important for SIA. But I didn't know about it initially and thought it's one of the main impt factor and went ahead to go ahead with my braces!-which have 8 mths left to go before its off my teeth...aghz! Saw one of my friend's batch mates also have 'not so straight teeth'. Went through all interviews successfully and flying now.
Well, I guess having a set of straight teeth is very essential for cabin crew as you able smile with confidence :D


was thinking maybe i should get braces too.. but it will be a long wait. haiz.

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 2:21 am

Lucille wrote:is teeth (looking good) really impt for sia? if i do have blemish (acne scar) but able to cover it with concealer is it alright?



Not to worry bout the teeth so much, one of my fren is an SQ crew, her teeth is not tat perfect too... so wat the big deal here.... Ya for scar u can just conceal it will b ok.... for kebaya they were tailor made followed the measurement of ya body size...
so.... even if u were to be fat or medium, or thin tats doenst matter rite... for ur info Thin doesnt matter for them, at least u can easily put on weight but if u were to be fat or like most gerls nowadays their body like nice for u to see rite but end up * gone case* so difficult to say. Gerls wit fats are difficult to loose weight then the one who is skinny or thinner....

So just try dun let this issue will pull ur self esteem down... :wink:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 6:22 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
flowerr wrote:hi.. i am ard 161cm but my weight is only 41-42kgs.. do i still stand a chance?


Weight doesnt matter, as long u have wat it takes shudn't a prob.
Go on dun hesitate or in doubt of those. k

:wink:


I think you may find you are wrong; I well remember one girl on this forum who failed and it was most likely because she was not heavy enough. However, although no concrete evidence was provided it would seem logical given what she said herself.

User avatar
sakiya
Regular
Regular
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby sakiya » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 8:56 am

if my teeth straight but not white enough ( abit yellowish) is it ok?
anyone got see SQ crew or SQ accept gal with denture teeths?is it important?

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Postby downtown » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 9:28 am

Plavt wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
flowerr wrote:hi.. i am ard 161cm but my weight is only 41-42kgs.. do i still stand a chance?


Weight doesnt matter, as long u have wat it takes shudn't a prob.
Go on dun hesitate or in doubt of those. k

:wink:


I think you may find you are wrong; I well remember one girl on this forum who failed and it was most likely because she was not heavy enough. However, although no concrete evidence was provided it would seem logical given what she said herself.


what the hell weight got to do with the kebaya fitting? Only your size matter what

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:02 am

downtown wrote:what the hell weight got to do with the kebaya fitting? Only your size matter what


weight = size
size = weight
Being challenged in either aspects will lead you to another.

downtown wrote:what the hell ...

=; [-X [-X
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests