Singapore Expats

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerluv

Post by jerluv » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:16 pm

i am so shocked to hear that on the wed water test so many gals failed cos i was also told most of them will pass the water test. dunno what they are looking for now haiz.... anyone please share what you see during the test. those who passed and those who fail? those who fail because they look scare on their face or when they wear swim suite they look too skinny? please share thank you

LEINA

Post by LEINA » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 2:26 pm

tanks guyz..so conclusion is
i would just have to try at another airline and emphasis my very mild asthma OR
wait a few years for my asthma to stabilise and try agn wif SIA.

:?

its all up to fate and luck

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 6:42 pm

Haiz. I received a call from SIA today and was supposed to start training on 12th sept but because I haven't get my diploma cert, they could not confirm with me if I could join.

Just to ask, even without my diploma cert, they could base on my O's right? :(

Worried. :(

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 6:58 pm

confidenceless wrote:Haiz. I received a call from SIA today and was supposed to start training on 12th sept but because I haven't get my diploma cert, they could not confirm with me if I could join.

i get my cert already this year in 23 of may...when did you graduate...i heard that you can go and get a temporary cert from poly

starlit3z

Post by starlit3z » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 7:06 pm

confidenceless wrote:Haiz. I received a call from SIA today and was supposed to start training on 12th sept but because I haven't get my diploma cert, they could not confirm with me if I could join.

Ya, u can get a letter from the poly i guess, to prove that you had graduated! Congrats for making it through!! My interview is on Monday and i am freaking nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ur medical check-up was cleared so fast! Guess they are really really in need of trainees.

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 7:22 pm

i hope you had enjoyed the interview :cry: ...you should be at ease now :cry:you indeed lucky sia compare to me

jing83

Post by jing83 » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 9:47 pm

starlit3z: hey wad time is ur management? hopefully the passing rate will be high.....

anyway anyone noes wads the passing rate for thurs management?

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:08 pm

good luck for all those starting training soon. Anyone starting training withink this few weeks? Batch 928 anyone??
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:40 pm

starlit3z wrote:

Ya, u can get a letter from the poly i guess, to prove that you had graduated! Congrats for making it through!! My interview is on Monday and i am freaking nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ur medical check-up was cleared so fast! Guess they are really really in need of trainees.
I called the school today but they say they couldn't give me a temp cert or transcript since the final results was just submitted to them. I thought the min. requirements is 5 O's credits? So even without my dip cert now, I could use my O's right?

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:46 pm

think there might be a difference in allowance due to different qualifications?

thus the nee for your highest qualifications

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:19 am

garychien wrote:think there might be a difference in allowance due to different qualifications?

As for allowance, I dont know but it's the same for basic.

Darn worried now. Haiz

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 1:12 am

confidenceless wrote:
garychien wrote:think there might be a difference in allowance due to different qualifications?

Darn worried now. Haiz
Don't worry, as you have cleared all stages, you just have to wait for your cert to be awarded. Have you checked with your school on when you'll be rec'in ur cert. Do check with SIA also if you'll be put on KIV. I have read of people who passed all interviews and is put on hold while waiting for their cert to be awarded, and they just call to inform SIA once they're ready!

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 1:29 am

lolitaa wrote:
confidenceless wrote:

Darn worried now. Haiz
Don't worry, as you have cleared all stages, you just have to wait for your cert to be awarded. Have you checked with your school on when you'll be rec'in ur cert. Do check with SIA also if you'll be put on KIV. I have read of people who passed all interviews and is put on hold while waiting for their cert to be awarded, and they just call to inform SIA once they're ready!
Hopefully. I tendered my resignation already since I have to give one month notice and now, this happened. =.=

I did inform them beforehand tt I have yet to receive my dip cert too.

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 1:56 am

Oh, did they tell you what to do regarding this? Like call them once you've gotten your cert?

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Sat, 01 Sep 2007 3:01 am

lolitaa wrote:Oh, did they tell you what to do regarding this? Like call them once you've gotten your cert?
Nope. The lady said she will call me again on Monday.
Hopefully I can base on my O's first and when I get my cert then I'll give it to them.

Well, their min. requirement is O's right?