Singapore Expats

SQ Recruitment on 25 & 26 August 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:18 am

_Good_ wrote:Hi! Anyone knows if I can try to go both days if I don't get thru the first?! 8-)
i don't think so they will record :? ...anyway those who are eliminated not long ago might be eliminated again...you should know where you went wrong :-|

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:22 am

hey good...you should almost know what kind of questins they will be asking...remember to practise it over and over again before the real test come so you can say it out confidently

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:26 am

_Good_ wrote:Hi! Anyone knows if I can try to go both days if I don't get thru the first?! 8-)
you know what question they ask? :?

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:30 pm

Hope everyone's doing well this very moment at Swissotel!

All those going tomorrow, add oil, be confident ok!? Keep smiling, be excited, speak confidently.

_Good_, you can do it! Don't be afraid, it's just like to talking to 2 of your own friends for the 1st round. Just that they are your "Older friends". Beam your bright bright smile, look into them... it's like u're v sincere, and they can establish a connection with u. :D Tell yourself you can do it, and when you are speaking, be calm, once you finish one sentence, just boldly speak out whatever you have in mind for the next sentence and complete it, and you will not stammer with pauses like "uh", "erm". If you pause, pause like it's deliberate (dun leave ur mouth open like u are trying to find words to say), keep looking at them (pleasantly) and keep smiling throughout. The words will come naturally. You can do it!!!! Go for it!!!

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 1:57 pm

hi all...i didnt pass my skin check today...does anyone knows if its ok for me to go again tml?

iamjia
Regular
Regular

Post by iamjia » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:04 pm

hi all,guess most of us are wondering if we didnt get thru' today can we try tmr? and if we do,then on the paper do we state last attempt 25/8/07???
mmm... :???:

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:20 pm

JadeiteJade wrote:hi all...i didnt pass my skin check today...does anyone knows if its ok for me to go again tml?
hi Jadeite,

Is the skin check very strict? how was the passing rate for 1st round, 2nd round?

confidenceless

Water Confidence Test

Post by confidenceless » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:20 pm

Who knows what will be going on for WCT ? :?

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:27 pm

pink petals wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote:hi all...i didnt pass my skin check today...does anyone knows if its ok for me to go again tml?
hi Jadeite,

Is the skin check very strict? how was the passing rate for 1st round, 2nd round?
i assume 1st and 2nd very easy :D as i am only one eliminated from 1st round 0n 15th July..i will try again tomorrow. :lol:

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:32 pm

pink petals wrote:
hi Jadeite,

well...the beautician is quite strict..shes from lancome...

ive passed the skin check 3 yrs ago..and pass the skin check 2 times for silkair...so i would say its quite strict this time...

1st round 5/10...the girls in my group all spoke pretty well...surprisingly..those that my friend n I thought would get in but didnt..and vice versa..

2nd round 3/10..tough!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 2:43 pm

JadeiteJade wrote:
pink petals wrote:
hi Jadeite,

well...the beautician is quite strict..shes from lancome...

ive passed the skin check 3 yrs ago..and pass the skin check 2 times for silkair...so i would say its quite strict this time...

1st round 5/10...the girls in my group all spoke pretty well...surprisingly..those that my friend n I thought would get in but didnt..and vice versa..

2nd round 3/10..tough!

oh, i can understand ur feelings.. cos u pass skin check with SIA n Silkair before. it is like so near yet so far...

try again! don't give up! JAL and emirates are conducting interviews soon, give it a try. :)

maybe the interviewers today are quite strict. i went to SIA walk in before and personally i feel that older interviewers are nicer pp and know what they are doing. the very young ones are... hmmm... to me, maybe inexperienced and choose pp they like. (my personal opinions, no offences to anyone here)

hahahah.. maybe cos i am older than then young interviewers, so they din pick me plus i am fat! :wink:

dun be sad, keep trying and trying... u will make it soon! :wink:

hope tomorrow i can make it to the walk in.

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:03 pm

JadeiteJade wrote:
2nd round 3/10..tough!

:( why tough in 2nd round? :? they shoot questions at you?? :cry:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:18 pm

hey ppl...

went for today's walk-in.. surprisingly not many ppl.. the Q wasnt bad.. i was in group 24...

first round: self intro... 5/10 got.. including me... :lol:

second round: kebaya cum skin check... 8/10 got in... including me... :lol: this time they juz use a light bulb... honestly if u can cover ur flaws quite well den should be fine coz i dun have perfect skin as well...

third round: 1 to 1... if you come out with a pcs of paper means you pass.. if dun have i think fail.. coz i came out with no paper, my interviewer juz say will contact me.. which i think the chances is 0.0001% lo... keke.. so i was out again..

honestly third round see your luck de.. u heng will get a lenient de.. suay leh.. pray lor...

me i think i was stuck at the qns why i tried so many times but din get in.. den i said i was too nervous.. so opps.., bye bye liao...

qns they ask are what ur current job, why join SIA.. what are the recent news abt SIA... what are the qualities to be a SIA cabin crew... blah blah blah...

that's what i rem now... but i guess i shall try again... at least i made improvement.. was always stuck at round 1.. now i improve liao... which is good.. keke...

good luck to the rest trying tml...
Soaring above all

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:39 pm

who's going tomorrow? am looking for companion

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Sat, 25 Aug 2007 3:49 pm

downtown wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote:
2nd round 3/10..tough!