Singapore Expats Forum

Looking For Guitar Playing Buddies !!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
yanEEyanEE

Looking For Guitar Playing Buddies !!

Postby yanEEyanEE » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:41 am

Hi,

I'm from KL, and back home me and friends often meet up for guitar playing sessions, some of us sing and play simple popular chords while the others impress with plucking and advanced guitar techniques.

I'm looking for similar friends in Sg, i.e. those who have, can and like to play the guitar (pref acoustic) and/or sing to it. Earlier on I passed a band audition for back-up vocals, but couldnt deliver on the keyboard. I'm not into setting up a band, just looking to get to know and hang-out with similar friends who likes to play the guitar.

calling out to guitar players, send me a p.m. :)

cheers

yanEE
sugaR n spicE

waz99

Postby waz99 » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 2:43 pm

I'm interested. Can't PM yet, how can I contact you?

Snowfly
Regular
Regular

Postby Snowfly » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 3:01 pm

yanee, did ya get my pm? :)

Skylah

Postby Skylah » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 2:47 pm

I would definitely be interested in singing along. Just moved here from London a couple of weeks ago. Used to be in a band at uni a few years ago - mostly covers. Would love to sing, just for fun.

Let me know if you organise anything :D

Abby113

Postby Abby113 » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 3:09 pm

Ha! I'm not a guitar player..but I can sing. Have taken vocal lessons and sings in church too =P
Independance!!!

yanEEyanEE

Postby yanEEyanEE » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:17 pm

hey, this is great !! not just guitar players but also those who like to sing, are more than welcomed !! from my very brief band stint, singing is not easy, n even that it was just back up. i'll bring my song folder n we can pick out songs and holler away.

ok, date & venue. i'm thinking it'll be fun if we met up at some quiet park which is not busy on a weekend, have a little picnic, bring our own instrument n do our own private open air concert, sometime in the evening where its cooler.

so i'm setting a tentative date of 2 weeks from now, sunday aug 19, around 4 p.m., so confirming on the date 1st if its okay with everyone, n i'll send pms soon. not sure of the venue yet at this point, a nice quiet park, unless someone has other suggestions.

meanwhile, i'd like to invite more guitarists / singers to join us, acoustic / country / classical etc - unplugged outdoor stuffs. dont be shy - music to express, not impress. :D
sugaR n spicE

Skylah

Postby Skylah » Tue, 07 Aug 2007 1:29 pm

Sunday 19th works great for me :D

waz99

Postby waz99 » Wed, 15 Aug 2007 1:42 pm

sunday's good except i'm not going to have my own guitar by then (recently moved from the UK and in the process of buying one). could still come along though.

by the way on thoughts on what guitars are good to get here? i'm thinking a yamaha solid top acoustic ...

Skylah

Postby Skylah » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 1:55 pm

yanEEyanEE - can't PM yet so just want to check did you get my text message?