Singapore Expats Forum

Any Canadian-Scots in Singapore?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
MacD

Any Canadian-Scots in Singapore?

Postby MacD » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 8:00 am

Hey...

Canadian here ..coming to Sg. Was wondering if there's any Canadian out there?> :???:
Last edited by MacD on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miragee

Postby Miragee » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:22 am

Hawdy!
There are about 5K Canadians on this little Island! I am sure you will bump on somebody someday, but now its quiet time, lots of people are on vacation. You can check this out:
http://www.canadians.org.sg/cas-events.htm

1. First Friday night of every month from 7:30 pm onwards.
2. August Back to Business Networking Night with the Five Pillars of the Canadian Community

Cheers

MacD

Postby MacD » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 9:52 pm

Mirage,

That's awesome! That's alot of Canucks! I just registered myself as a part of CAS from the link you have given me. Are you an active member with the CAS as well?

It will be nice to see fellow Canadians in a foreign land. I'll be sure to take part and be in the BBN night at the Harry's bar once I touch down.

I wonder if they have Alpine... :D

Miragee

Postby Miragee » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:07 pm

MacD wrote:Mirage,

That's awesome! That's alot of Canucks! I just registered myself as a part of CAS from the link you have given me. Are you an active member with the CAS as well?

It will be nice to see fellow Canadians in a foreign land. I'll be sure to take part and be in the BBN night at the Harry's bar once I touch down.

I wonder if they have Alpine... :D

There are plenty of our kinsman here and people from other countries are nice as well if they can get the "newfy talk", sorry , just kidding :-)
BBN is not always at Harry's, better to check the web before you go.

MacD

Postby MacD » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:13 pm

Miragee,

Once my business plan are all set and ready to go, I'll be down there soon most probably in a month or two. It depends very much on my work.

Hahaha...I'm from New Brunswick..Where are you from in Canada?

Miragee

Postby Miragee » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:30 am

I am a West Coaster

MacD

Postby MacD » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 9:07 pm

ahh.. OK!

peridot7

Postby peridot7 » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:14 pm

Hey,
i'm a canadian on the island to! although i have yet to run into any others! and i've been here 7 months! I wasn't aware of this canadian association...i probably should check it out...

Miragee

Postby Miragee » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:25 pm

peridot7 wrote:Hey,
i'm a canadian on the island to! although i have yet to run into any others! and i've been here 7 months! I wasn't aware of this canadian association...i probably should check it out...

Welcome! Where you are from?
7 month here! I have a Canadian neighbor for about a year now who complained that she had been here for 3 years and haven't met any other Canadians. I bet you might be in the similar situation. So.... they are around, trust me!
Cheers

MacD

Postby MacD » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 9:20 pm

We should have a bar where any Canadians that came to Sg know where to go to meet other Canadians once they land on that island.

peridot7

Postby peridot7 » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 9:27 am

that's not a bad idea!
i'm from Ontario...missing the cottage season right now

MacD

Postby MacD » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 8:26 pm

Summer is nice here this season. Perfect for lazing at the cottage. Once winter hits, off to Sg we go again...

flying mushroom

Postby flying mushroom » Sat, 18 Aug 2007 5:48 pm

I am chinese, I used to have quite a few canadian friends out in china. I am working in singapore now. hope i can know some canadian here as well. pls pm me :D

MC Donalds

Postby MC Donalds » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 8:48 pm

Can I come, too?
I'm a Finn so I can tell you all night how you Canadians no nothing about winter as virtually all of you you live so far South :)

MacD

Postby MacD » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 9:20 pm

Hey MC Donalds, We share the same last name.

We stayed on the north end of Canada. the coldest we get here is -50 degrees celsius. This coming winter we are leaving it behind to enjoy the rainy season in Singapore instead. Hahaha!