Singapore Expats Forum

NEXT SILK AIR RECRUITMENT 4TH AND 6TH AUGUST'07

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:51 pm

theknees wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:Anyone also can say they Ex crew, u wont know.... then they just take her in and all others who not experienced but can work much more better then her we dunno too rite... but it depends la y she quit JAL in the first place, if she think she have what it takes why not she try SIA then? Why shud she have to try SILKAIR? Why not international airlines?And why shud they employ her but not others? its means if she's gets in then not any candiates will get in too, its clear cutt they just want an EX CC , so whats the point by post it to the public ? if they want an ex crew it will be different story they will put an adviertisement that they are now recruiting for only EX CC and for Part Time CC with MI... Get it? Mi got to categories One is normal crew and others are Freelance, Freelance that what it means for Ex crew .... This type of question will be meddling inside the recruiters head.. .hmmm :wink:


i don't think she will lie about being an ex-crew when its something you have to put down in your resume, your application form and maybe even for references. things like this can be easily checked and a person would be stupid to even consider lying about being an ex-crew.

yes of course they're not going to hire her just because she's an EX-crew, nor would that be reason why they wouldn't hire her. obviously even though she's an ex-crew, she has to have the qualities needed for that specific airline. i don't think you understand my reference to being an ex-crew, i never implied that they have to hire her just because she's an EX-crew. i merely stated the fact that she's an EX-crew, because the salary factor isn't an issue here anymore.

i think there would be one universal question inside an interviewer's head and that would be why is this person interested in joining MI, regardless of whether they are ex-crew or not.

well, a common reason for many to join MI and not try for international airlines is because they want to do turnaround flights only so that they can spend more time with their family.

Ya i do agree with you, but now the main resons is not only meant for her u see, its meant for everybodies.... why shud they recruit her instead the others? why? the others also wanna be one of the crew too rite, so is it fair now? or unfair? this the main thing which i tried to explained....And another thing is not only by going tur around flights but this for those who wanna experience it.... she already experienced it y not the chances shud be given to those who really need one? the main topic here now is, is it thos with the ex crew experienced is entitled to eveyrthing? and issit easy to get in in every airlines they want? if u wanna said about MI only do turn around flights even other budget carier also doing turn around flights? what's the different?
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:51 pm

dOvee wrote:ok thank you =) and oso

hw different is silkair interview from sia?
i wan to have a little of mentally prepared. dont wan last minute surprises. lol :shock: :shock:


girl you can read through this Silkair thread, 50 over pages worth of stuff there:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic30769.html

and this thread on the 8&9 June recruitment:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic42342.html
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:56 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:Ya i do agree with you, but now the main resons is not only meant for her u see, its meant for everybodies.... why shud they recruit her instead the others? why? the others also wanna be one of the crew too rite, so is it fair now? or unfair? this the main thing which i tried to explained...


i have no idea what you are saying.

and i never said they should hire her over others. i merely said that JAL salary isn't a factor anymore because she's no longer with JAL. i never brought up the issue whether they should hire her just because she's an EX-crew.

anyway, i don't think we're discussing whether its fair or unfair or why she didn't get in or what.

maybe she just doesn't have the so called X-factor needed for MI.

we don't even know who this person is. so let's just let this poor girl take her rejection in peace.

rinnuwatanabe wrote:And another thing is not only by going tur around flights but this for those who wanna experience it.... she already experienced it y not the chances shud be given to those who really need one? the main topic here now is, is it thos with the ex crew experienced is entitled to eveyrthing? and issit easy to get in in every airlines they want?


no, the main topic here is Silkair and their recruitment in August. we're not talking about ex-crew and whether they are entitled to everything.

and if you're saying just because she experienced flying already, so she shld give other people a chance? then why does SIA take in ex-JAL crew? thousands of girls apply at every recruitment drive. so they shld give others a chance too?

and i never said ex crew are entitled to everything. do you have some sort of personal vendetta against ex-crew?

rinnuwatanabe wrote:if u wanna said about MI only do turn around flights even other budget carier also doing turn around flights? what's the different?


and the difference is one is MI, and one is a budget carrier.

anyway. let's stop editing our posts and end this argument here.
Last edited by theknees on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:57 pm

but does marital status plays an impt part??

coz i have a friend, 27 yrs old juz married. she looks youthful but was worried that her marital status will affect her chances...
Soaring above all

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:58 pm

theknees wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:Ya i do agree with you, but now the main resons is not meant for her u see, its meant for anyone.... why shud they recruit her instead the others? why? the others also wanna be one of the crew too rite, so is it fair now? or unfair? this the main thing which i trie dto explained....


i have no idea what you are saying.

anyway, i don't think we're discussing whether its fair or unfair or why she didn't get in or what.

maybe she just doesn't have the so called X-factor needed for MI.

we don't even know who this person is. so let's just let this poor girl take her rejection in peace.


No need for us to argue bout this matter, its meant for thos ewho really think u have what it takes, commitment and passion so prove it.Even u already tried so many times but still no response just DO NOT GIVE UP! Patient is part of it, the want someone who have tat .
and for those who think u can pursue ya dream and try with MI i guess u shud.... no regrets just trying..but put on more efforts and be rational.....

Ceerz
:wink:
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:59 pm

VeniE wrote:but does marital status plays an impt part??

coz i have a friend, 27 yrs old juz married. she looks youthful but was worried that her marital status will affect her chances...



It depends la like what the other chatters commented about it... not really if for SIA and any other airlines i guess there shud be a prob, but for Mi i guess no need to worry much la...... relax chill~~~

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:04 pm

theknees & rinnuwatanabe

keke... you two finally finish ya debate??? anyway it's over means it's over no point go argue or grumble or complain this and that lo... all we can do is try to improve and do better in the next interview...

i been to so many interview, at times so sian of trying again and again but this is what i always wanted and i dun wanna regret in life that i didn't put in enough effort to try harder...

i'm still determine to try... whether i get in or not, i'll tell myself "it's okay, i'm still young, there're plently of chances out there.. so try again!!!"

and i now i no longer have the sian sian feeling, in fact i'm always excited abt it... going for airline interview and at the same time get to meet diff ppl at the interview and make more friends... keke... i do enjoy that... haha... hopefully one day i will make it a dream come true.. yeh!!!
Soaring above all

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:09 pm

VeniE wrote:theknees & rinnuwatanabe

keke... you two finally finish ya debate??? anyway it's over means it's over no point go argue or grumble or complain this and that lo... all we can do is try to improve and do better in the next interview...

i been to so many interview, at times so sian of trying again and again but this is what i always wanted and i dun wanna regret in life that i didn't put in enough effort to try harder...

i'm still determine to try... whether i get in or not, i'll tell myself "it's okay, i'm still young, there're plently of chances out there.. so try again!!!"

and i now i no longer have the sian sian feeling, in fact i'm always excited abt it... going for airline interview and at the same time get to meet diff ppl at the interview and make more friends... keke... i do enjoy that... haha... hopefully one day i will make it a dream come true.. yeh!!!

Haha :lol: for me this not called debate this what i called argument.... :P
argued regard the Ex crew and fair or unfair? whereby we didnt know who is she??? hhahaa funny hey theknees, U CAN BE A LAWYER duh..hahahaahh :lol: :lol:
but if to think back what i said even if some of u pple can accept just accept for those who think u no need an explaination then just shutt up...hahahah i just trying to explained and sorry i dun waste my time for neurotic assemblage.... 8-)

Cheerz~

Ps:// Yeh do not give up, aite i wish u all the best with ya interview this week hehe


:wink:

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:15 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:Haha :lol: for me this not called debate this what i called argument.... :P
argued regard the Ex crew and fair or unfair? whereby we didnt know who is she??? hhahaa funny hey theknees, U CAN BE A LAWYER duh..hahahaahh :lol: :lol:
but if to think back what i said even if some of u pple can accept just accept for those who think u no need an explaination then just shutt up...hahahah i just trying to explained and sorry i dun waste my time for neurotic assemblage.... 8-)

Cheerz~

Ps:// Yeh do not give up, aite i wish u all the best with ya interview this week hehe


:wink:


my dearest rinnuwatanabe, i don't think i even argued with you on whether its fair or unfair. i never said its fair, or unfair, in fact, i don't give a damn whether that ex-crew made it in or not. i don't need any explanation from you, and you've completely gone off track from what we were even discussing about on this board in the first place. accept what? i'm not even trying for silkair, and have never tried for silkair, so i don't need to "accept" anything.
seriously.

and yes, how clever of you. i studied law.

go back and read my first post on this issue. i wasn't even talking about whether it was fair or not. i never even mentioned that word. SHEESH.

maybe you just don't understand what i was saying. i'm sorry if you misunderstood. my sincerest apologies. :)
Last edited by theknees on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:16 pm

VeniE wrote:i been to so many interview, at times so sian of trying again and again but this is what i always wanted and i dun wanna regret in life that i didn't put in enough effort to try harder...


yes, don't give up. each time you learn something new. just remember to always smile, know why you want the job, and show it. and lie if you have to. sometimes getting past these interviews is all about lying...
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:23 pm

theknees wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:Haha :lol: for me this not called debate this what i called argument.... :P
argued regard the Ex crew and fair or unfair? but if to think back what i said even if some of u pple can accept just accept for those who think u no need an explaination then just shutt up...hahahah i just trying to explained and sorry i dun waste my time for neurotic assemblage....


my dearest rinnuwatanabe, i don't think i even argued with you on whether its fair or unfair. i never said its fair, or unfair, in fact, i don't give a damn whether that ex-crew made it in or not. i don't need any explanation from you, and you've completely gone off track from what we were even discussing about on this board in the first place. accept what? i'm not even trying for silkair, and have never tried for silkair, so i don't need to "accept" anything.
seriously.


Yeah ya rite!
Hhahahahahah :wink: why angry?? hahaha~
relax chill bebeh! hahahah~
Well my dearest Theknees if u aint keen with MI then why were u here?...
Ya i guess u are much better then all others u shud not be in this channel..,
here is for meant pple who think they really wat to know what isit about? and i get a toned of pple Pm me and askin me alot of quest,so thats what i mean im gonna revealed all out, then u're in n u're not agree... agree or not that's put aside the thing is now they askin me and not u.... im glad to hear ur comments too... but in fact what u re saying it makes pple dun wanna try and have no confidents.... kos u'll be talking about the ex cc which we "dunt" even know who she is.... this what i know and i love to observe pple attitude...

So don't take it to heart~ just relax i know u're trying to explain more about the ex thingy thing but for me im trying to explianed more to wannabe's here is the maintopic for those who wannabe's CC not for those ex cc.... hmmm ~ well i guess if for some current Cc also have no time to view all this only for those who really keen and need to know more then they view all about this topic and threads....

i guess tats all i need to tell u
I knw wat u're trying to say. but lets stop here and cut tha crap.
Leave the space for those who really need it more then we do..
aite

Cheerz! :wink:

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:28 pm

theknees wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:Haha :lol: for me this not called debate this what i called argument.... :P
argued regard the Ex crew and fair or unfair? whereby we didnt know who is she??? hhahaa funny hey theknees, U CAN BE A LAWYER duh..hahahaahh :lol: :lol:
but if to think back what i said even if some of u pple can accept just accept for those who think u no need an explaination then just shutt up...hahahah i just trying to explained and sorry i dun waste my time for neurotic assemblage.... 8-)

Cheerz~

Ps:// Yeh do not give up, aite i wish u all the best with ya interview this week hehe


:wink:


my dearest rinnuwatanabe, i don't think i even argued with you on whether its fair or unfair. i never said its fair, or unfair, in fact, i don't give a damn whether that ex-crew made it in or not. i don't need any explanation from you, and you've completely gone off track from what we were even discussing about on this board in the first place. accept what? i'm not even trying for silkair, and have never tried for silkair, so i don't need to "accept" anything.
seriously.

and yes, how clever of you. i studied law.

go back and read my first post on this issue. i wasn't even talking about whether it was fair or not. i never even mentioned that word. SHEESH.

maybe you just don't understand what i was saying. i'm sorry if you misunderstood. my sincerest apologies. :)


Hahah! hey its alrite beb, no worries... im fine...
no apologies here... open forum and talks man..
ya kos by the way ur language and speech i get what u mean,
kos as i said i like to observe pple ....
hehe u see.... oh u study law tats great!
but for me i more into Psychology hahaha
Well nice to meet and gd arguement indeed
10/10 points!

cheerz~ :wink:

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:32 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:Yeah ya rite!
Hhahahahahah :wink: why angry?? hahaha~
relax chill bebeh! hahahah~
Well my dearest Theknees if u aint keen with MI then why were u here?...
Ya i guess u are much better then all others u shud not be in this channel.., here is for meant pple who think they really wat to know what isit about? and i get a toned of pple Pm me and askin me alot of quest,so thats what i mean im gonna revealed all out, then u're in n u're not agree... agree or not that's put aside the thing is now they askin me and not u.... im glad to hear ur comments too... but in fact what u re saying it makes pple dun wanna try and have no confidents.... kos u'll be talking about the ex cc which we "dunt" even know who she is.... this what i know and i love to observe pple attitude...
So don't take it to heart~ just relax i know u're trying to explain more about the ex thingy thing but for me im trying to explianed more to wannabe's here is the maintopic for those who wannabe's CC not for those ex cc.... hmmm ~ well i guess if for some current Cc also have no time to view all this only for those who really keen and need to know more then they view all about this topic and threads....

my dearest rinnuwatanabe.

well.
i never said i was better than anyone else did i?
stop putting words in my mouth. you keep doing that. seriously.

look at all the different threads on all the different airlines. you'll see people posting on all the different threads regardless of whether they have gone for interviews in that airline or not. so just because i haven't gone for a MI interview doesn't mean i can't post here does it?

someone asked about the interview process and i was just going to post about it, because i read through the previous few threads on silkair before and i just wanted to post the links so she cld read through them too because i found them helpful.

and because i've gone for SQ interviews before and the process is also slightly the same as MI. and also because someone asked what the difference is between SQ and MI.

i really wish you would stop saying about the whole "unfair/fair" thing, because i seriously think you are putting words in my mouth, just like how you claim i said "i was better than anyone else". i never once discouraged anyone here from going to interviews.

in fact, i encourage people to go, get a feel of what its like and just try, no matter what their worries are.
i really feel very wronged by you. do you like. have something against me. seriously.

good luck to everyone going for the Silkair interviews this weekend.
i guess next time i shall only read and post in airline threads that i have gone for interviews for.
Last edited by theknees on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2007

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:36 pm

theknees wrote:my dearest rinnuwatanabe.

well.
i never said i was better than anyone else did i?
stop putting words in my mouth. you keep doing that. seriously.

look at all the different threads on all the different airlines. you'll see people posting on all the different threads regardless of whether they have gone for interviews in that airline or not. so just because i haven't gone for a MI interview doesn't mean i can't post here does it?

someone asked about the interview process and i was just going to post about it, because i read through the previous few threads on silkair before and i just wanted to post the links so she cld read through them too because i found them helpful.

and because i've gone for SQ interviews before and the process is also slightly the same as MI. and also because someone asked what the difference is between SQ and MI.

i really wish you would stop saying about the whole "unfair/fair" thing, because i seriously think you are putting words in my mouth, just like how you claim i said "i was better than anyone else". i never once discouraged anyone here from going to interviews.

in fact, i encourage people to go, get a feel of what its like and just try, no matter what their worries are.

i really feel very wronged by you. do you like. have something against me. seriously.

good luck to everyone going for the Silkair interviews this weekend.
i guess next time i shall only read and post in airline threads that i have gone for interviews for.


AWW~~nah... im not putting words on ya mouth but they got eyes they see and if they can think so no need for u to say this...
well alrite then i guess we use up so many precious space here..
haha~ hey i wanna smoke
Hey dun think tats way, never think u cant posts it here
hey come on this an open forum,
not only meant for me...
hahaha~ :P
u too emotional man....
well tats all i guess i need a cup of coffee and chill
see ya in next episode~
Cheerz~

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 7:51 pm

Stop all the arguments for goodness sake. Please, if you ever get into MI, don't bring the attitude into the company. I'm facing too much of it and we wish that the new ones won't be as sensitive. Sheesh! Let me just answer all your questions ok.

Are there ex-crew in MI?
Yes, a bunch of them. My batch alone has 3, there was another batch that has 4 if I'm not mistaken. Be it, budget carriers or international carriers, we have them all.

Are ex-crew only allowed to apply for freelance?
No. An ex-crew have both choices of applying for full-time or freelance positions.

Does an ex-crew have advantage over others?
Although you have the experience, if you don't have the personality the interviwers are looking for, you won't be going through to the next round.

rinnuwatanabe wrote:they will start to think y shud they take this gerl as JAL is paying her much more then we do, do she here just for fun, or trying her luck??...this type of quest u wont know

This is just ridiculous! There's no such thing as an ex-crew's previous pay got to do with her not getting into MI. Like I said, there are a bunch of ex-crew who are flying full-time for MI. Alot of ex-crew are mothers. Therefore they would like to join MI because MI only do turnaround flights and that give them the opportunity to go home every single day and spend more time with family, especially children.

What is the pay structure like?
This is a sensitive issue that will only be informed to you once you're successful.

Does marital status effect an applicant's chance?
No. Like I've said, there are many flying mothers in MI. In fact, I have a batchgirl who is a mother and was a police officer (nothing to do with airline), and she was successful all the way.


Please do more research before you share information with others yah. Get your facts right before you post them out.

To all hopefuls, don't think that being a cabin crew is all about the glamour, dragging your cabin bag around and spreading smile all over the airport. This job, no matter what airline you come from, isn't as easy a job as you might think.

Sometimes you may dream for the job but there are crew who quit very early coz they realise that it's not for them. Think about it.

Any other questions?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests