Singapore Expats

EPEC(Employment pass Eligibility certificate) & job Ooffers

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
kcsatheesh

EPEC(Employment pass Eligibility certificate) & job Ooff

Post by kcsatheesh » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 4:39 pm

Hi Friends,

i want to know wether EPEC(Employment pass Eligibility certificate) holders can able get jobs in Singapore. want to know wether employers are willing to give jobs for EPEC holders. i just want to bring my brother here.currently he is workin in F&B .is it easy to get jobs in hotel field ?

Any EPEC holders got job here? Pls advise me..

:roll: Satheesh

ching
Regular
Regular

Post by ching » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:01 pm

If you're already here in Singapore, you can do some of the research for him ahead of time.

A number of the larger hotels (5-star ones) do specify that they want only Singapore citizens or permanent residents. But you can try asking some of the other hotels whether they are open to employing someone on an EP.

Good luck!
Tips from expats living in Singapore - http://www.livinginsingapore.org

kcsatheesh

Post by kcsatheesh » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 2:18 am

ching wrote:If you're already here in Singapore, you can do some of the research for him ahead of time.

A number of the larger hotels (5-star ones) do specify that they want only Singapore citizens or permanent residents. But you can try asking some of the other hotels whether they are open to employing someone on an EP.

Good luck!
hi Ching,

thanx 4 ur response...am PR here and currently am working in a MNC...

rgds
Satheesh

Austin512TX
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin512TX » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 5:17 pm

epec doesn't guarantee a job, it will only gives you more time (1 year) for job hunting. so you don't have to go to JB or batam to renew the social visit pass. i, myself applied for the epec before i came to Sg, but i landed a job within 1 week. i'm in the advertising industry btw.

senthil_v_s

Post by senthil_v_s » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 1:18 pm

Hi,
I am holding a masters in Engineering with one year of work experience. Will I be eligible for EPEC ? Pls. help me to know more on this ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 9:54 pm

You could probably start by going to the MOM Self Assessment Tool. If you can qualify there then you have a pretty good chance I would guess at getting a EPEC.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers