Singapore Expats Forum

city booming....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

welshlass

city booming....

Postby welshlass » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:07 pm

Hey - I just cant believe the number of newbies here, myself being one also!! All you do is read this site to see the number of people looking for new friends or things to do ..... Singapore is booming, people are flocking here, rental costs have shot up, demand greater than supply. What is the attraction here?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:30 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:43 pm

Simple.

Make X in MY.
Make X in SG.

S$1=RM2.275

Oh, SG girls are hot! :D
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 1:09 pm

Being a transient type state, there are as many moving out as in but of course in most cases you just don't see people saying goodbye online.

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 3:49 pm

there are 2 sides to the booming. u don't necessarily get more $ at the end. and u don't necessarily make your life better at the end.

I am not surprised if some of the property agents fall sick these days. and research has shown, in general, people's health deteriorates at booming times.

CAT777
Regular
Regular

Postby CAT777 » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 5:22 pm

Those days only senior management on expat package were coming to SG..but now youngsters also heading here to gain some experience and to taste piece of Asia..
Being an young expat myself...my first days here before i start work i was a bit upset...but now... feel quiet happy ...live is fun...everything is cheap...city is blooming...economy is growing up...why not to live here for some time...even on transit :lol:
Сингапурский котенок

n&a

Postby n&a » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 1:05 am

city is now gud for bachelors , but for families, with high rentals n everything getting costlier, the charm is now no more
the salaries , i think, are not rising in proportion to expenses..
something needs to be done...

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:38 am

n&a wrote:city is now gud for bachelors , but for families, with high rentals n everything getting costlier, the charm is now no more
the salaries , i think, are not rising in proportion to expenses..
something needs to be done...

obviously the government is watching this and thinks it is still within their limit. and the GST hike certainly helps inflation and weaken the SG dollar.
I think the upward price pressure won't stop in a short time. Wage and salaries certainly don't rise as fast, a simple reason to ask for higher pay in the market.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Re: city booming....

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sat, 28 Jul 2007 2:16 am

welshlass wrote:Hey - I just cant believe the number of newbies here, myself being one also!! All you do is read this site to see the number of people looking for new friends or things to do ..... Singapore is booming, people are flocking here, rental costs have shot up, demand greater than supply. What is the attraction here?

Economy is booming and there's a need for IT infrastructure. :D

For me, it's about career improvement and exposure to new technologies.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning