Singapore Expats Forum

Is there any JETSTAR' cabin crew recruitment?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Issami
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 27 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Abt Jetstar Intl pay

Postby Issami » Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:21 pm

Hi all~ esp to those looking forward to joining the company =) This is probably very out of the blue but I think alot of people are wondering about the pay.

I've been a cc with them for awhile and the pay isn't as low as 1.2k unless u're unlucky and get a lousy roster. However, the pay is quite low compared to the usual amt u'd expect for a cc. The highest I've heard of is about 1.8k, lowest about 1.3k. So if money's ur thing then this probably isn't the place for you =p But the environment's pretty good, I enjoy my work and the company of my colleagues so I guess that kinda evens things out abit.

Sadly I won't be helping out at the interviews so can't say hi face to face but like zandlelightz said, just smile and be yourself~ Don't stress! Good luck to you guys for Monday~!! ^o^

Naoki
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Naoki » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 2:20 pm

Hi, to everyone ard =) new here.


Anyone going for tml's walk-in?


I heard that Jetstar's pay is about 1.6k? is that gross or net?

dancingaround
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Aug 2009
Location: singapore

Re: Abt Jetstar Intl pay

Postby dancingaround » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 4:16 pm

Issami wrote:Hi all~ esp to those looking forward to joining the company =) This is probably very out of the blue but I think alot of people are wondering about the pay.

I've been a cc with them for awhile and the pay isn't as low as 1.2k unless u're unlucky and get a lousy roster. However, the pay is quite low compared to the usual amt u'd expect for a cc. The highest I've heard of is about 1.8k, lowest about 1.3k. So if money's ur thing then this probably isn't the place for you =p But the environment's pretty good, I enjoy my work and the company of my colleagues so I guess that kinda evens things out abit.

Sadly I won't be helping out at the interviews so can't say hi face to face but like zandlelightz said, just smile and be yourself~ Don't stress! Good luck to you guys for Monday~!! ^o^


hi Issami.. thk u for your kind pointers. Have a gd day!

dancingaround
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Aug 2009
Location: singapore

Postby dancingaround » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 4:17 pm

Naoki wrote:Hi, to everyone ard =) new here.


Anyone going for tml's walk-in?


I heard that Jetstar's pay is about 1.6k? is that gross or net?


Hi Naoki,

Im going for tmorrow's interview.. r u going as well? Im not sure abt the pay but shld not be tht bad.

Naoki
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Naoki » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 4:28 pm

i'm thinking of going but i actually read thru the previous threads and when i saw that u have to actually pay ur own medical checkups and the 1.8k sum of bond it kinda turns me off =(

dancingaround
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Aug 2009
Location: singapore

Postby dancingaround » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 9:24 pm

Naoki wrote:i'm thinking of going but i actually read thru the previous threads and when i saw that u have to actually pay ur own medical checkups and the 1.8k sum of bond it kinda turns me off =(


oh.. i dont think theres a bond to tht. I knw its a year contact with the airline.. but medical checkups are on our own expenses.

Issami
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 27 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Issami » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 9:33 pm

Hi dancingaround, u're welcome! =)

The 1.8k is the bond. Abt 1/3 will be given back to you after ur first year, the remaining split between your 2nd and 3rd year. If you quit before that then your bond, or whatever amt is remaining, will be forfeit. If you are unable to pass your line training and can't continue, u lose the money too..

To: 99heyho
Hi~ Sorry can't reply your PM as I don't have enough posts to use that function =\ But the answers to your questions:

Qn 1) Yes, it's the same.
Qn 2) I've mentioned the amt a few posts back, that's after cpf.
Qn 3) Answer's up there ^^

G'luck u guys!

dancingaround
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Aug 2009
Location: singapore

Postby dancingaround » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:59 pm

Issami wrote:Hi dancingaround, u're welcome! =)

The 1.8k is the bond. Abt 1/3 will be given back to you after ur first year, the remaining split between your 2nd and 3rd year. If you quit before that then your bond, or whatever amt is remaining, will be forfeit. If you are unable to pass your line training and can't continue, u lose the money too..

To: 99heyho
Hi~ Sorry can't reply your PM as I don't have enough posts to use that function =\ But the answers to your questions:

Qn 1) Yes, it's the same.
Qn 2) I've mentioned the amt a few posts back, that's after cpf.
Qn 3) Answer's up there ^^

G'luck u guys!


hi Issami.. thk u once again for clarifying the bond. hmm 1.8k is not a small amt too.... and thts clever of jetstar intl to split tht into 3 yrs in total...

aloyscious
Regular
Regular
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat, 09 Apr 2005

Postby aloyscious » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:05 pm

hi there,...

means we have to pay upfront $1.8K ...?and pay for medical:(

and we get paid at 1.8K after cpf? with allowances, rite? or is it the basic?

thank you!

Issami
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 27 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Issami » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:36 am

yep, you'll have to cough up the 1.8k shortly after you sign the contract, or is it when you sign, can't really remember. And yes...pay for your medical. That part sucks 'cos tt's like 600? 700? You can save abit if you've already got your shots for stuff like Hep A, Hep B etc.

hi aloyscious~ 1.8k basic? whoo I wish!! lol like I said, 1.8k is the highest take-home I've heard, that's after adding duty hours, transport & layover allowance and deducting cpf. Basic is 700, during your training it's 600. I have to be honest that at the interview, mgt has a tendency to make the pay sound more attractive than it actually is e.g average take home 1.8k etc. But the fact is u're looking at probably an average of 1.5k take home.

If you're interested, just go for the interview and give it a shot~ If you pass all rounds, you still have till the contract signing to decide so no harm trying right? =)

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed, 26 Aug 2009
Location: SG

Postby rebeccacious » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 2:26 am

Hello,

I'm wondering if you join Jetstar can you transfer to Qantas Airlines after some years of working there?

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 3:02 am

rebeccacious wrote:Hello,

I'm wondering if you join Jetstar can you transfer to Qantas Airlines after some years of working there?


hi,

i doubt so, but maybe someone from Jetstar international will know more about it :)

are u going for the interview tomorrow?

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed, 26 Aug 2009
Location: SG

Postby rebeccacious » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 3:07 am

Hello!

Yes I am. But I read above that we've to pay 1.8k bond upfront? That's pretty unreasonable right? If they deduct from pay still not too bad. You going?

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 3:13 am

still thinking about it cos i do not know their age cap, i am old, hahah..

and yup, the 1.8K is quite a bit plus the self-paid medical expenses..

but then, all these will come in when selected to sign the contract.

i thought the pay would be around $2K and above.. heee

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed, 26 Aug 2009
Location: SG

Postby rebeccacious » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 3:16 am

So 1.8k can pay in instalments or must pay full sum? Zz... never heard of this kind of policy. Qatar Airways is cut the bond money from your pay monthly.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest