Singapore Expats

Is there any JETSTAR' cabin crew recruitment?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Des
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi

Post by Des » Thu, 01 May 2008 10:34 pm

calvink wrote:JetStar is launching its flight from KL-Sydney ...

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... on&focus=1

Not sure if they need crew.....
Yap they haf ongoing interview, just send in ur CV to their head office at Airport...

Nanaziq

No more recruitement for JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL crew..

Post by Nanaziq » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 1:11 am

The last recruitment for Jetstar International was Dec..I'm with the 1st batch of sin crew for Jetstar International.Jetstar Airways(Australia) have just open their Sin Base and up till now we just have 2 batches.1st in Nov(08) and 2nd in Feb(09).So if you guys waiting for the next recruitment, wait till after june 09,if the economy crisis improve and more ppl wants to fly...till then,you wait...their recruitment drive is a soft launch,so look out for TODAY advert coz it a budget way for them to advert(economical way for them, I guess) but my pay so far average at $1600 depends on your flying hours(yeah the base pay is low but we do have overnight in Perth,Cains, Melbourne, maybe in future Honolulu,KIX,Sydney,EUROPE...so the more you fly, the more you get(but we are still pay peanuts compare to BKK & Aussie Crew(for now),but maybe in future the pay structure might improve...

:wink:
Working for Jetstar airways International

Nanaziq

No more recruitement for JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL crew..

Post by Nanaziq » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 1:12 am

The last recruitment for Jetstar International was Dec..I'm with the 1st batch of sin crew for Jetstar International.Jetstar Airways(Australia) have just open their Sin Base and up till now we just have 2 batches.1st in Nov(08) and 2nd in Feb(09).So if you guys waiting for the next recruitment, wait till after june 09,if the economy crisis improve and more ppl wants to fly...till then,you wait...their recruitment drive is a soft launch,so look out for TODAY advert coz it a budget way for them to advert(economical way for them, I guess) but my pay so far average at $1600 depends on your flying hours(yeah the base pay is low but we do have overnight in Perth,Cains, Melbourne, maybe in future Honolulu,KIX,Sydney,EUROPE...so the more you fly, the more you get(but we are still pay peanuts compare to BKK & Aussie Crew(for now),but maybe in future the pay structure might improve...

:wink:
Working for Jetstar airways International

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:19 pm

i went for the recent interview by Jetstars international but was on hold till next class available..now economy nt doing well im worried the training for the next batch will nvr come any time soon..i need a perm job.. can anyone update?
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 8:13 am

i agreed.. me also waiting for the next batch to start soon.. super worry everyday coz the economic nowadays getting worse:(

anyone have info for the next batch training date?

President-S

Post by President-S » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 1:28 pm

They have a recruitment on feb???

leeyannyng

Hi

Post by leeyannyng » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 5:45 pm

MeLoRasP wrote:Hey!! i received called frm jetstar too!! askin mi to go down for e interview on mon too!!! haha!! i was wrkin ytd n i had miss their 1st called.. lucky they had called mi again 1hr ltr.. so happy man!!! den the lady said tat to check our e-mail on thurs for e venue etc..
Hi all, is the call frm jetstar international or jetstar Asia? there's actually jetstar pacific too... so which 1 is it?

dannie700

Jetstar Asia is recruiting April/ May

Post by dannie700 » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:33 am

I am working as cabin crew for them and they are looking for people who are interested in part time flying jobs. Very interested in people who have flown in the past but not restricted to. Send in your resume right away if you are keen.

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 9:36 pm

hi.. i heard from my friend tat started her training in feb 09 that they will be flying to Melbourne this tue for 2 weeks training. since her batch will be finishing their training soon, wonder when will next batch start training.
anyone have any update for this?so far there is no recruitment for Jetstar Int

waiting..waiting & waiting:(

Capri
Regular
Regular

Post by Capri » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 9:10 am

Yup been waiting for 2mths now for the outcome... :roll:

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 1:50 pm

jiahuipiggy wrote:still no news abt the recruitment?
why jetstar?...the pay is like so little..$850 per month..majority of the seniors are from Sq or other international airlines..so its quite hard to please them(especially if u are very new in the airline industry)..sometimes u'll get zapped!! (that's the actual truth in this industry)..the seniors just cant see new comers...in jetstar, u'll have to know your safety equipment procedures at the tip of ur fingers!..if u cant answer them..u'll be given one kind of look by other crews..eventually u'll be demoralise, and even get "step down"(means, thrown out from the flight)..Jetstar is a very very small company.. the reporting office is so very small, so everything you do will eventually gets to everyone's ear, no privacy for your goodself..And If u are genuinely sick today, and it happened that it is your day off tomorrow, they will take away that day off and change it to standby instead..there will be no crew meals on flights..so if u forgot to pack your lunch for a Hongkong or Taipei flights, please dont faint.. Sorry if these infos are a little too much..BUT its the actual truth in Jetstar Asia..think it carefully..cause if u breach the contract, you will have to pay $5000.
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 2:05 pm

jiahuipiggy wrote:still no news abt the recruitment?
I reckon you try for Jetstar International.. you'll be one of the pioneer batches..cause they've just started their recuitment in Singapore (next recruitment will be sometime in March 2009, they usually advertise in Today paper). Basic pay is very little though($700 per month) but u will have the opportunity to travel further and have lay over flights(the furthest they travel is Honolulu).. better opportunities, with minimal "Zappiness" which i think you will do great! The best i think you should try is Silkair..no complications..nothing..just straight forward..turn around flights with good pay(basic $1150) plus flight allowances plus transport,meal allowance, laundry, free panty hose, free badges, handbags etc (Jetstar Asia, u'll have to pay for your badges!! $20)..free medical and dentist and your pay will sum up to approximately $2k plus..depending on your roster.. After 3 years of service, you will have the chance to "jump" to SQ(with the same batch number u have in silkair,meaning, you are still a senior, and dont have to start all over again)..Silkair is more well known, they really take care of the crews, there will be crew meals on board for every flights.. The qualifications to go to Silkair is the same as Jetstar Asia and Jetstar International ( N level )..so why not try for the better one?..

leeyannyng

Hi

Post by leeyannyng » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 2:56 pm

Hi, Y are u so against Jetstar Aisa?

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 4:51 pm

hi pinksapphire...
the next recruitment will be in March 09? yipee....confirm?
may i know how and where u get this info from if u dont mind.

pinksapphire

Re: Hi

Post by pinksapphire » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 8:13 pm

leeyannyng wrote:Hi, Y are u so against Jetstar Aisa?
im not against Jetstar Asia..its only that my sister had a bad experience working with them...well, different poeple, handle things differently right?...im sure u'll do well and just pursue your dreams...
-a new journey..a better phase of life-