Singapore Expats Forum

Tattoos

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Tattoos

Postby Kristii » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 5:16 pm

So im thinking about getting another tatt...

But i have no idea where to go to get one here in SG...

Anyone know of any good places??? :cool:
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....
I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 6:33 pm

Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 6:35 pm

ahh kewl kewl!!!

Thanx :-D
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:13 pm

While I personally am against, if JP's link is not enough:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... rts#262023

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:While I personally am against, if JP's link is not enough:

Awww......don't be like that sms, this could be a new industry for you. I am sure the ladies wouldn't mind the feel of your experienced and artistic hands.
:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:05 am

Hi kristii, most recommendations I've had have been for Johnny Two Thumbs and also Alive, which is in the Ming Arcade, over the road from the Forum on the same side of Orchard Road, if that makes any sense. :???: No, not really, erm, opposite the Hard Rock, behind Orchard Parade Hotel.

Just read the other thread sms has linked to. I think tattoos are great - I have had one years and have been thinking of getting another one (just can't decide what) but I do advise caution. What we like now, and look great with as a toned, fit youngster, may be an embarrassment when we're 60 and saggy. I'm in my forties and still love my original tat, but only my husband and myself see it these days. ;)

Also, don't drink and ink. And no, absolutely no, boyfriend's name, eh? :lol:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 1:39 pm

I got one done in the tat joint in Bugis Street Mall acros the traffic lights from Bugis Junction - Good value and clean.
Be Like Water

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 5:15 pm

hahah

never drink and ink lol!!

I have 2 already - one i regret - but the other one i love - i love tatts... and mine arent noticeable to people.. like i have to actually show them if i want them to see haha!!!

Ohh and yeah - i agree - there will be NO BOYFRIENDS NAMES hahahah

x

sedulous

Postby sedulous » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 6:24 pm

Hi Kristii,

agreed with seasider recommendation. i did mine at Johnny 2 Thumbs ... long time back, bit expensive but i heard it's known for it's safety n good quality. so better play safe than sorry :wink:

http://www.johnny2thumbtattoostudio.com/

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:06 pm

sedulous wrote:Hi Kristii,

agreed with seasider recommendation. i did mine at Johnny 2 Thumbs ... long time back, bit expensive but i heard it's known for it's safety n good quality. so better play safe than sorry :wink:

http://www.johnny2thumbtattoostudio.com/

GOt mine at Johnny 2 Thumbs too. :wink:

rt160177

Utopia Studio

Postby rt160177 » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 1:39 pm

I know a few people that have been to the guys at Utopia Studio and that quality of work is excellent. I believe that the owner has had his work featured in a few global publications.

Check out the web site below
www.angkongtiam.com

RT

TW

Postby TW » Fri, 18 Jan 2008 7:04 pm

Jonny 2 thumbs did mine back in 1971, or is dad! The guy was quite old back then...what age will he be today?

I was looking at williams work in the Golden ? shopping mall, I stayed for an hour talking with him, and i believe he maybe one of the best of 3 in Singapore, although not cheap, the detail is very very good, becuase he doesn't rush it, 6 to 8 sittings maybe for a large one... The reason for taking ones time, is the colour needs to be done with deapth, for it to stay colourful, so it does make sense, not to rush the job.

He was doing a Tiger when i went, the guy was on his 4th sitting, I have not seen one so good before, looked more like a 3D picture, very detailed.

I'm having a few cover ups, done, although not yet decided, probablye a dragon rapped around a tiger, with a smaller baby dragon, to represent me, my wife and daughter!

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Sat, 19 Jan 2008 9:40 am

I've been to a great place in Far East Plaza. There are stacks up there, so I don't know how you'd know who was better than anyone else, but this place was recommended and they were great.

vodkalove

Postby vodkalove » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 9:05 pm

Far East Plaza should be okay. There's so many tattoo parlors there.

Maybe you should just visit them all, ask them relevant questions and go for the one which makes you feel comfortable.

Good luck =)

lhchen

Re: Utopia Studio

Postby lhchen » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 9:54 pm

rt160177 wrote:I know a few people that have been to the guys at Utopia Studio and that quality of work is excellent. I believe that the owner has had his work featured in a few global publications.

Check out the web site below
www.angkongtiam.com

RT

I got mine from them. Felt really comfortable when i walked in, the tatt artist seems to take his profession seriously and with pride. I don't regret having one with them.

Return to “General Discussions”