Singapore Expats Forum

salsa dance group 35+

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
brownR

salsa dance group 35+

Postby brownR » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:11 am

Are there any guys and gals 35 and over, out there who would like to form a salsa and social dance group?

I don't like the clubbing scene prefer to have private parties in smaller groups. Also would like to develop it into a mixed multicultural group of East and West.

flyings

Postby flyings » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:13 pm

are younger people welcomed?
I love dancing very much.
:)
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

welshlass

Postby welshlass » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 2:50 pm

yes- am interested, what do you have planned?
am new in town- maybe there is a club playing salsa on certain nights- would be good place to gather for starters.
......am curious - why for 35+ ?????

NickfromSydney

yes, always wanted to learn salsa

Postby NickfromSydney » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 7:39 pm

let me know if you have started something..thanks

brownR

Postby brownR » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 2:29 am

welshlass wrote:......am curious - why for 35+ ?????

because I'm in that age bracket 40+ ... and find the salsa scene dominated too much by the early 20s crowd...... sometims you feel a bit too old for that scene ... unless of course you are a guy looking for ... that young thing :)

ete

I am interested!

Postby ete » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 7:42 pm

I took a few months of salsa lesson and have not been practising! Are beginners welcome? I have wonderful sense of rhythm!

flyings

Postby flyings » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 8:28 am

We can rent the function room in condo to practice it. there are several salsa clubs where we can meet more beginners or advanced levels.

Miragee

Postby Miragee » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 4:42 pm

Hi
It is an excellent idea! I would love to join the group but sorry, I am a beginner only.
Please, let me know of any gatherings happened.
Cheers

sene
Regular
Regular

condo function room

Postby sene » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:16 pm

I will be interested in joining ... when do u plan to meet?

I can book a function room in condo in Jurong area if you are interested ... but we have to finish by 11 pm.

flyings

Re: condo function room

Postby flyings » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 9:00 am

sene wrote:I will be interested in joining ... when do u plan to meet?

I can book a function room in condo in Jurong area if you are interested ... but we have to finish by 11 pm.

I have a DVD purchased from my coach. He showed all the steps from basic to advanced. I can bring it. count me in if more ppl are interested.

:)

sene
Regular
Regular

can book

Postby sene » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:49 pm

Lets take a count of who is available and when. I can book a room at a condo clubhouse near Lakeside MRT from 7-11 pm on any day. I suggest a Thursday or Friday night. It will only cost $20 for 4 hours. ... basically a free class. There are facilities for DVDs and I also have Salsa and Lambada instruction video with me.

Okay let me start the list:

Sene (M/43) - Thurs or Fri

flyings

Re: can book

Postby flyings » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 9:08 am

sene wrote:Lets take a count of who is available and when. I can book a room at a condo clubhouse near Lakeside MRT from 7-11 pm on any day. I suggest a Thursday or Friday night. It will only cost $20 for 4 hours. ... basically a free class. There are facilities for DVDs and I also have Salsa and Lambada instruction video with me.

Me (F/29) beginner

Miragee

Re: can book

Postby Miragee » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:53 am

sene wrote:Lets take a count of who is available and when. I can book a room at a condo clubhouse near Lakeside MRT from 7-11 pm on any day. I suggest a Thursday or Friday night. It will only cost $20 for 4 hours. ... basically a free class. There are facilities for DVDs and I also have Salsa and Lambada instruction video with me.

Me (F/37)- prefer Friday, but Thursday will do also until mid August.
I have some ballroom dancing classes on DVD.

Just an idea....I think not everybody who expressed some interest in this group is following the thread closely so, it might be a good idea to PM them just to remind.

brownR

sorry

Postby brownR » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 3:04 pm

Sorry I'm out of Singapore on asignment. ... may not be back for awhile.

Sene why don't you go ahead and organise? .... if you can drag a couple of your male pals along to join the three gals who have already shown interest. 8-)

sene
Regular
Regular

next week

Postby sene » Tue, 31 Jul 2007 8:12 am

I'm trying to organise a salsa practice session next wednesday 8 august from 7.00 to 11.00 pm.(9th is a public holiday) we can use DVDs in the room as well. it is just across the road from Lakeside MRT station.

Would like to know how many will be interested to attend. there is no charge for this but you are welcomed to bring some (non-alcholic) drinks and tit bits to share.

hope to hear from you.