Singapore Expats

SIA Applicant - Waiting patiently

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jamocaalmondfudge

SIA Applicant - Waiting patiently

Post by jamocaalmondfudge » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:36 pm

I applied for SIA and got through the interviews, including the medical check up. I was part of the batch from the 10 June Interview in Kuala Lumpur (medical check up was on 27 June).

So far, I haven't heard from them yet. And am wondeirng whether or not to resign from current job already (one month notice period).

Is there anyone, who's familiar with the process, who could tell me whether I should expect a call from them next week?

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Applicant - Waiting patiently

Post by wawaa » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:40 pm

jamocaalmondfudge wrote:I applied for SIA and got through the interviews, including the medical check up. I was part of the batch from the 10 June Interview in Kuala Lumpur (medical check up was on 27 June).

So far, I haven't heard from them yet. And am wondeirng whether or not to resign from current job already (one month notice period).

Is there anyone, who's familiar with the process, who could tell me whether I should expect a call from them next week?
u musnt resign yet. Didnt they tell u after ur mgt intv? U gotta wait for the mdeical clearance which will take abt 2wks after ur mgt intv b4 they will call u. Tender only once u cleared ur med chkup...but shdnt u be gettin their call oredi? Guess frm 10 June till todae its been more than 2wks...you may call them instead to check.

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:15 am

wawaa & jamocaalmondfudge, this is the only problem with the malaysian one..it takes a little bit more time compared to singaporeans. i was part of the 10th june one too, and also management 2weeks after..don't know which one of them were you...maybe orangecake knows you...haha

be patient la..they said they'll have to wait for MOM to give them the clearance to hire you...till then you can still relax =D

jamocaalmondfudge

Post by jamocaalmondfudge » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:16 am

Thanks, Wawaa.

The reason I'm asking about the process is partly because I've read in previous forum posts that they will contact us two weeks after the medical check up. However, the letter our batch was given informing us about the medical said:

"You need not wait for the medical results. The clinic will forward the medical reports to SIA. Should you be successful in your application, Singapore's MOM may require you to undergo another medical examination in Singapore before you commence employment.

"We will get in touch with you again subject to your medical being cleared and your employment pass approval by MOM. Work pass approval is expected to take up to 3-4 weeks."

There was also no contact number given, only an email address. So, following that, my questions are:

1. Has the process changed recently that they only contact us once everything has been approved?

2. So, if medical check up report takes 2 weeks and work pass approval takes 3-4 weeks, that would mean that I should expect to hear from them only in 6 weeks since the Management interview?

3. I was told that they have training every month. Does it usually start at the beginning of the month or mid-month?

4. There was no contact no. given specifically for Cabin Crew Recruitment, but the one on the letterhead which I tried was to an operator that said Cabin Crew Recruitment has no contact number. I've sent them an email once, but they've not replied.

Anyone with answers are most welcome to respond...

jamocaalmondfudge

Post by jamocaalmondfudge » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:19 am

Ramz, I know who you are! haha..especially when you mentioned "Orangecake" and I saw that you're from Seremban.

So, your parents are okay with you joining SIA since you made it through so far?

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:38 am

aha! okay..now i think i know who you are...we talked quite a bit after the WCT if i'm not wrong? yes well, they're okay with it, but not SIA..
they asked me to finish STPM first, then attach my results, and i'll have to undergo another final interview only..it was frightening though when the first thing you walk in the room they tell you that they want you to finish stpm..

good to hear everything went smoothly for you =D just be patient..a friend of mine had to wait about 2 months before he got the call..they're still busy getting the approval from the MOM and also your employment pass..

keep in touch k? tc!

jamocaalmondfudge

Post by jamocaalmondfudge » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:50 am

Hi Ramz, good to hear that it's normal for them to take 6-8 weeks before contacting us. I suppose what's left for me to do is to sit back and take it easy where I am (but I'm dying for some change already! haha..)

What's your MSN messenger ID? I'll add you, if you're keen to exchange notes.

gReEnboy

Post by gReEnboy » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 8:40 am

have not got the call too.. hopefully it will come fast! heard from the nurses that they will send the results on monday -> that's july 2nd and if that's the case, i believe sq is already in the process to get the work pass for those who're successful. that means we might be getting the call as early as next week! :twisted: :twisted:
Aspiring FA

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Post by orangecake » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:03 pm

hey all!! i'm back..!disappeared for a while..HEHE...
jamocaalmondfudge,i think i know who are you..hopefully i'm guessing the right person..!
well,i'm very worried if i've made it or not.i'm afraid there's something wrong with my med check up because before i left,the nurse told me that i'm underweight...!oh gee... :shock:
plus,i'm kinda having a problem now..if i get it,dunno if i shud take it or not.. :cry:

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 9:39 pm

Heya.. i guess im facing the same situations wif u guys there. hehe.. im a newbie here n i've actually went to the 10June interview as well! Yea.. it's pretty a hard time to think, to guess n to wait for the positive/negative reply from SIA. Especially to a fresh grad like me.. no job on hand T_T

To orangecake.. u said u r underweight? my BMI is totally out of the chart! the nurse aunty even told me that im super underweight that afraid i might not get it. so pity.. can u imagine how disheartening when i heard that? T_T

Whatever it is.. it really depends on their decision. Gals.. n guys.. let's get our finger crossed n hope that we can made it through the last n final round!!!

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Post by orangecake » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:38 am

macmeera wrote:To orangecake.. u said u r underweight? my BMI is totally out of the chart! the nurse aunty even told me that im super underweight that afraid i might not get it. so pity.. can u imagine how disheartening when i heard that? T_T
HAHAH...she told me the same thing too..she said i was tooo thin/underweight and must check my BMI too see if i'm qualified.plus,she also told me that all the gurls that came that day was underweight too...
geee,now i'm really worried... :cry:

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:10 pm

hie there guys..

good to see a bunch of msians here. i will relay my personal experience and hopefully it can clear some of your doubts.

it took them 2+ months to revert back to me about my confirmation, however if you posses a degree the chances of them getting back to you sooner will be higher, around 2-3 weeks if you're lucky. i only had a dip frm a private college. And YES, they will only revert to you once your medical and workpass has been approved. not advisable to call them, they are quite busy.. hope you understand :) patience is the key.. the delay is bcoz of MOM and not SIA.

you will only need to re-do your medical in sg if your application takes more than 3 months since your first medical is only valid for so long.

lastly, there are new batches coming in every week, so intakes are quite frequent. no worries

hope to see ya guys in stc!

cheers!

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Post by orangecake » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 8:28 pm

anyone got the call already?

macmeera

Post by macmeera » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 1:07 am

I got an email from SIA.. according to them, my E Pass application hasnt send to MoM for processing yet as I havent get my degree cert. I guess another month for me to wait... *My neck getting longer now* :p

orangecake
Regular
Regular

Post by orangecake » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:06 am

macmeera: how do you know if you're gonna wait for another month?

well,i have a question here..
is it possible to request when the training starts?becoz my convo is this october and i'm planning to go for it..plus i have my friend's wedding to attend..and it's pretty important...
so,if they do call me...can i request to go during november?