Singapore Expats

please adivce

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dilemma gal

please adivce

Post by dilemma gal » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:41 pm

Hi ppl,

i m veri curious what is the monthly pay for a silkair stewardess and on average how many days of work per month is scheduled for a stewardess??? is turnaround flight more tiring???

i have a friend tt is selected for silkair but confuse over whether to sign 15months bond with silkair to gain experience or make use of the 15months to try other airlines that are international. can she quit silkair then join SQ straight away??? please advice.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 1:02 pm

I heard that you need to be with silkair for at least 3 years before you can try SIA.
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

dilemma gal

Post by dilemma gal » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:09 pm

ya... i heard of tat too... but wondering can apply for SQ after completion of bond. i heard cant apply for SQ after 1 yrs eventhough u have finish the 15months bond.

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:24 pm

dilemma gal wrote:ya... i heard of tat too... but wondering can apply for SQ after completion of bond. i heard cant apply for SQ after 1 yrs eventhough u have finish the 15months bond.
yeah true...
a gf of mine who haf serve for less than 3yrs tried for SQ several times n always got kicked out at mgt intv. Reason y...silkair didnt want to let her go.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:29 pm

wawaa wrote:
dilemma gal wrote:ya... i heard of tat too... but wondering can apply for SQ after completion of bond. i heard cant apply for SQ after 1 yrs eventhough u have finish the 15months bond.
yeah true...
a gf of mine who haf serve for less than 3yrs tried for SQ several times n always got kicked out at mgt intv. Reason y...silkair didnt want to let her go.
i think in order to pass thru "easily" from silkair to SQ, i think i read somewhere, is u get a referral letter from silkair.. otherwise.. hmm.. quite hard.. if i'm not wrong la.. keke..
Soaring above all

dilemma gal

Post by dilemma gal » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 4:53 pm

if given an opportunity to be a silkair gal or will you guys give up this chance and continue trying for SQ? sign with silkair for 15mths or keep trying SQ???

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 5:15 pm

dilemma gal wrote:if given an opportunity to be a silkair gal or will you guys give up this chance and continue trying for SQ? sign with silkair for 15mths or keep trying SQ???
hey girl... depends on wat you want lo...

if it's me... ****my own opinion***

i won't go for silkair coz i wanted to fly international routes than regional. and silkair has no stopover so i wont have the chance to have fun :(

plus fly international routes earns more allowance lo.. $$

that's what i want lo...

well, that time i went for silkair interview that's a girl (used to fly JAL) said she wanna join silkair coz she can spend more time with her family coz dun have to stopover at another country...

so it's really up to you what u want...
Soaring above all

dilemma gal

Post by dilemma gal » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 5:57 pm

of course i would like to be in international airline... but been trying for awhile and feel kinda demoralised and tired of trying... at the same time, i scared i will regret nt going into silkair since the opportunity is here... so indecisive and delimma

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 6:02 pm

dilemma gal wrote:of course i would like to be in international airline... but been trying for awhile and feel kinda demoralised and tired of trying... at the same time, i scared i will regret nt going into silkair since the opportunity is here... so indecisive and delimma
den i think you should check with someone who's in silkair check with them how's the experience lo...

me tried many times too... but no luck too... hehe...
Soaring above all

dilemma gal

Post by dilemma gal » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 3:34 pm

is it very stupid to up give silkair and keep on trying for other international airlines???? yet so many ppl wanted this so much...

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 3:49 pm

i think this is where you start gaining your experience...many want to get into an international airline on their very first try because of the destinations served and the cash. this line of job is such that if you have any experience is great already. maybe after silkair, you could go out and try the other airlines since you have on hand experience. it will be of huge benefit to you, seriously...anyhow, good luck dilemma gal..hope you get out of your dilemma as soon as possible! tc!