What taxi number do you call?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

What taxi number do you call?

Post by huggybear » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 7:11 am

i call 6552.1111

is there one that connects to all the taxi companies? (i.e. yellow top, SMRT, etc) or do i have to contact each one individually all the time?

it would be cool if i could pre program like 5 locations to be picked up from....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 9:29 am

Check out my signature link for a list of taxi numbers. :wink:

As they all compete with each other and comfort is the largest a round robin type of call centre would tend to favour that company so I doubt if the other's would opt in to something like that.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zjules
Regular
Regular

Post by zjules » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 1:43 pm

I always dial *654 especially at busy times as you dont have to wait to speak to anyone. Just follow the sms prompts. only works with Singtel though.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jeppo » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:00 pm

6552 2222 is for comfort and yellow, not as busy as the other number although you do tend to get comfort cabs more often than the yellow.

ching
Regular
Regular

Post by ching » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 9:02 pm

I call 6552 1111.

They only keep the last 2 or 3 pickup locations, but I find that I sometimes get a different set when I call (for example, sometimes I'll get Esplanade as a pickup option although I haven't called from there in months, and it doesn't always show up in the list).

I wonder if they have some kind of time criteria on the recorded pickup locations, because I always get my apartment address on the list when I call in the mornings, and when I call in the evening I get my office address plus a couple of restaurant locations.
Tips from expats living in Singapore - http://www.livinginsingapore.org