Singapore Expats Forum

Snowboarding@ Snowcity in Juroung

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
BasiltheBastard

Snowboarding@ Snowcity in Juroung

Postby BasiltheBastard » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 3:18 am

Been thinking about trying this out, but haven't been able to find many fellas interested.
Costs are something like $45 per hour and it seems u can only ride in the evenings on thurs/fri or sat or something like that. The rest of the time boarders apparently aren't allowed. (reserved for kiddies coming down the slopes in inflated tires)
Anyone interested in going, say evening of 21st July?

kiwale

Postby kiwale » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:22 pm

so did you try it out ??? how was it ???

I was also thinking about trying it out ... so if you wanna go again just let me know ... does the 45 dollars includes the gear ???

tilly

Postby tilly » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:24 pm

any news on if they hire the gear? surely they must cos i don't imagine many people have winter/snow stuff here... I so want to go!

BasiltheBastard

Postby BasiltheBastard » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 3:04 am

Hi guys, i've yet to try it out, although I did manage to try out the cable ski park at east coast lagoon since. That was loads of fun, although i ingested 2 weeks worth of salt from swallowing all that sea water, and still haven't manage to make it thru 1 complete round.
Tilly, yes all gear can be rented, I can't remember how much though I don't think it was expensive...say an $10 or so for the complete set. If either of u is keen, let's go...

beach_bum

Postby beach_bum » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 4:57 am

sounds like a lot of fun. when are you planning it next?

Mia13

Postby Mia13 » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 7:42 pm

did any1 ever go? I've been thinking of doing this as well..so great stories would be a real motivation to get my ass all snowed up. :)

lovealittlered

snow boarding in asia.

Postby lovealittlered » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 5:16 pm

sounds interesting

FUS

Postby FUS » Wed, 26 Dec 2007 3:02 pm

SOunds great!I wanna go too!

JavaJive

Postby JavaJive » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:50 pm

Hi BasiltheBastard,
are you still keen in snowboarding? I never done snowboarding but I love skiing. wouldn't mind trying new thing

skimilk
Regular
Regular

Postby skimilk » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 1:51 pm

heya, if anyone's planning on going snowboarding again at snow city anytime soon, count me in...i'd like to try it too. :)

Graham77

Postby Graham77 » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:34 pm

Ok, if anyone out there is still keen to try out snow boarding I wanna try and get something together over the next couple of weeks. For a start lets say 15 Jan. Let us know if you are interested so I can get some rough numbers.

Also let me know which nights you are normally free in case it doesn't happen on the exact date above. Sessions are from 7 to 9pm and if we book a bit ahead most days are available.

Don't worry if you've never tried before, neither have I.....

JavaJive

Postby JavaJive » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 1:38 pm

BasiltheBastard, I think we need to do a little more info search. I heard that the snow dome in Jurong is not big enough for snowboarding or skiing. What'd you say?

Have your coffee today!!

BasiltheBastard

still haven't done it

Postby BasiltheBastard » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 3:23 am

hey Javajive
Sorry I haven't checked this site in awhile.
Regarding size, or the lack thereof - I tend to agree. But this being Singapore, nothing here is big enough for the intended purpose, so scale down ur expectations and use ur imagination a little more :)
I did call up the people running the place a couple of months ago, and the stuff i posted above is fairly accurate...as of then anyway.
I'd still be interested in going if we can actually agree on a date here, before the date has passed!!

I'm going snowboarding in Japan in 2 weeks :)

bostonT2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bostonT2 » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 6:28 pm

aloha folks...
it's my 1st day in SG and i'd love to board...anyone done it yet? I'm having my gear shipped from Boston but i can rent if you folks do it fairly soon...even if it is small, something is better than nothing...

anyone?

basila..u lucky SOB :) let me know how riding in Japan is. Have you done it anywhere else in asia? I might have to go to Korea next month but not sure if they will have snow then.

bostonT2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bostonT2 » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:35 pm

check this out...
anyone game maybe 1st week of march when my gear arrives???

http://www.snowcity.com.sg/flyer.htm