Singapore Expats Forum

Etihad Recruiting! (21st July 2007)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 9:01 pm

natelletse wrote:
rev12000 wrote:Hi, i went for the Etihad Airway interview this noon. Had intentions to go early but over-slept. HeHe! :lol: I reached 'bout 3.30pm, the crowd was manageable. About 20 plus applicants and the wait for my turn was 'bout 30mins. I was surprised that the lady didn't ask me for a self-intro, coz' i soooo ... dead prepared for the intro this time. Instead she ask questions like;

Do you know where you'll be based?
What kind of cultures do you think they have?
Where does Etihad originate from ... or something similar?
Name 3 strong factors you have?
Why etihad?

STRESS :???: After the questions, she gave me a white piece of paper that states the dates of the coming interview next week plus some information on how to be dressed on that day. She also mention to wait for their call, latest by coming Wedesday. AIYO ... She also ask why UA didn't short-list me. ARGH!! :mad: After every interview, my blood pressure always shot up. :x



How she know u never got into UA??


They asked if i've attended any airline interview before on the application form, so i "gay kiang" :P and wrote UA down. It wasn't that bad i assume, least she didn't blacklist me though she knew i'm not one of the shortlisted for UA. :lol: CHEERIOS!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by rev12000 on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

natelletse
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby natelletse » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 9:02 pm

icic, so is it a one to one interview?
u mentioned it seems so casual..

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 9:10 pm

natelletse wrote:icic, so is it a one to one interview?
u mentioned it seems so casual..


Hmm ... In the room there's 2 interviewers, sitted in a 'L' shape position. Each interviewer to 2 interviewees. So there are 4 interviewees being interviewed at the same time. 2 in a group, 2 groups in the same room. Either by "A" interviewer or "B" interviewer ... argh! Don't know what i'm talking about. :shock: :lol: :lol: Nevermind.

Causal? Hmm ... think of it again, maybe not lah. HeHe!! She really squeezed out all the juice in my brain. Okay lah, UA more stressful. CHEERIOS!!
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

natelletse
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby natelletse » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 9:22 pm

rev12000 wrote:
natelletse wrote:icic, so is it a one to one interview?
u mentioned it seems so casual..


Hmm ... In the room there's 2 interviewers, sitted in a 'L' shape position. Each interviewer to 2 interviewees. So there are 4 interviewees being interviewed at the same time. 2 in a group, 2 groups in the same room. Either by "A" interviewer or "B" interviewer ... argh! Don't know what i'm talking about. :shock: :lol: :lol: Nevermind.

Causal? Hmm ... think of it again, maybe not lah. HeHe!! She really squeezed out all the juice in my brain. Okay lah, UA more stressful. CHEERIOS!!


Haha is it? UA's is the most relaxing interview i went ever! gosh.. heh.
anyway, all the best to you for Eithad yeah! =) it might just be a great start!

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:00 pm

Thanks Estelle , all the best to you too in pursuing your career in aviation. :D
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

cantswim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue, 05 Jun 2007
Location: KL

Postby cantswim » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:17 pm

Miracle82 wrote:
cantswim wrote:1st: briefing & introduction on etihad

2nd: english test & a short conversation with interviewers

-some applicants got cut here-

3rd: group discussion

-some applicants got cut here-

4th: conversation with interviewers again


If i'm not mistaken.


hi cantwim,
u mention that the selection will have 4 rounds, but just wonder is it on the same day or they will invite u to attend the interview again like wat emirates did?


sorry for this late reply.but since the interview has been postponed (as i read in this thread), i think it's not too late to answer your question :)

It will be done in just 1 day. Normally from 9am to 7pm, if you pass through all rounds. Maybe you can have dinner with them.
I decide my future.

Miracle82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 20 Jul 2007

Postby Miracle82 » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:42 pm

cantswim wrote:
Miracle82 wrote:
cantswim wrote:1st: briefing & introduction on etihad

2nd: english test & a short conversation with interviewers

-some applicants got cut here-

3rd: group discussion

-some applicants got cut here-

4th: conversation with interviewers again


If i'm not mistaken.


hi cantwim,
u mention that the selection will have 4 rounds, but just wonder is it on the same day or they will invite u to attend the interview again like wat emirates did?


sorry for this late reply.but since the interview has been postponed (as i read in this thread), i think it's not too late to answer your question :)

It will be done in just 1 day. Normally from 9am to 7pm, if you pass through all rounds. Maybe you can have dinner with them.



thanks cant swim...

do anyone knws how long to get a reply frm them after the final interview..

mutleeyc
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: singapore

Postby mutleeyc » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:52 pm

after reading all these posts its pretty clear that i didnt get shortlisted..it makes no sense to me, after i got in to qatar airways to the final interview, not even shortlisted for this one :mad:

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:20 pm

mutleeyc wrote:after reading all these posts its pretty clear that i didnt get shortlisted..it makes no sense to me, after i got in to qatar airways to the final interview, not even shortlisted for this one :mad:


Yup, been through final for UA but JAL doesn't even want to see me. Some things some where must be wrong. Maybe the photo that i submitted look too mature or they don't like dark-brown as the photo's backgound. :shock: Yicksss, assumptions kills. :D Guess, every failure will prob. me to do better in my submission next time. :D Hmm ... Maybe the person who open my application for JAL recruitment don't like me, shall pray for a kinder person next round. I am still who i am confident of, i shall improve and not give up. :lol: :lol: :lol: My dream career ... Yes!! :D
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri, 18 May 2007

Postby JadeiteJade » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:37 pm

hey chomelodie,

i think you should go tml coz i believe someone will be there...
it doesnt make sense that you were not informed of the changes..

:wink:

chomelodie
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 24 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby chomelodie » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:46 pm

going? not going? going? not going?

soooooooooo stressful now :oops:

but if u all were told tat the EY ppl can't come over tmr cos of e visa, make no sense for the interexcel ppl to be there tmr either, they've probably just forgotten about me........... :cry:

nezumi_P
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 22 Jul 2007

Hi, i am a new member.

Postby nezumi_P » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:56 am

I always read the Airlines forums to get information recently. The interexcel pp sent email to invite me to the interview but i never go for the interview yesterday bcos i am very busy preparing with exams.

Hope that ladies here can update me the next coming interview.

Yours Regards,
nezumi

C
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment

Postby C » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 3:27 pm

Inter-Excel Advisory S/B wrote:Hi, I'm Ms Chong of Inter-Excel Advisory Sdn Bhd, the organiser for Etihad Airways Cabin Crew Reruitment.

Just would like to drop a note for those would like to join in the interview, you can still submit your CV & clear copy of passport size as well as full length photos (with your BIG smile) latest by Thurday, 1pm. Kindly state your height & weight & if you are able to touch a line of 214cm tiptoes barefoot so that we could process your file easily.

The final interview by the airline officials will be held on the 27th or 28th of July 07 instead of 21st July.

Thank you & Good luck

Hope to see you in the final !
Last edited by C on Wed, 05 Mar 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Postby VeniE » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 4:15 pm

Thank god man!!!!

i was not able to make it for yest's submission... i was regretting down there...

now i'm glad that there's still another chance...

anyway i've sent in my CV.. keke...

hope lady luck is on my side.. :wink:
Soaring above all

calvink
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

Hi

Postby calvink » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 5:42 pm

was wondering..should i submit my application to them again?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest