Singapore Expats Forum

WOMAD Singapore 2007

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Immortal
Regular
Regular

WOMAD Singapore 2007

Postby Immortal » Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:59 pm

It's here again! A tad early but I was so happy to see ADF back.

From the 24th til the 26th of August at Fort Canning Park.

There is a website as well. Not sure if I can post it. More info on the site though. WOMAD Singapore 2007 :wink: sms

Line up includes:

Asian Dub Foundation (UK), Daara J (Senegal), David D'or (Isreal), Ensemble Shanbehzadeh (Iran), Etran Finatawa (Niger), Johnny Kalsi (UK), Mahotella Queens (South Africa), Muntu Valdo (Cameroon), Oki Dub Ainu Band (Japan), r-H (Singapore), Sheila Chandra (India), Shooglenifty (Scotland) and Yossou N'Dour (France).

I will attend Fridays, ADF rocks! Anyone else planning on going, would be nice to meet up. I will probably be very near the Heineken booth :)
Last edited by Immortal on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Tue, 10 Jul 2007 1:09 pm

Aww ta SMS :D

flyings

Postby flyings » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 8:52 am

Hi, Immortal
:)
how to get tickets? Are you a fan of Evanescence? :D

Di_choc

Postby Di_choc » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 9:50 am

i'll be there on Fri and Sat or Sun.

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:23 am

Flyings
Well a link to the site was posted in blue, you might want to check that out. Sistic usually has them.
My music taste varies, I do like Goth music and I am just getting into it as well but not into 'Emo' stuff. I am more of a rock chick. Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, Taproot, Hed Pe, Tool, Live, Silverchair, Radiohead, stuff like that.

Di_choc, maybe I will see you there.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:29 am

I have attended EVERY single WOMAD since its inception. And once again, I wont miss it. :-) I prefer Saturday as it gives me time to prepare my trusty wheely-cooler with goodies, my trusty mat, my WOMAD outfit with a ridiculous cowboy hat and also to make the special "Guru Cooler" drink. The ingredients are a secret but its a refreshing drink that is potent and refreshing at the same time.

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:34 pm

A fan in deed yeah Guru? Did you catch The Cat Empire from down under? They were fan-flippin-tastic! So happy they cracked the US market and doing really well.

See you there, cooler and all. Think The BC usually have mats, well they did 2 years ago.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 2:20 pm

I kept thinking they were the Cat People. So much for that! Yep. I remember the Cat Empire. They had some slick moves on stage too. I think I lost my shirt as I decide to copy them and something happened and next thing I know I am shirtless. And I had to take a cab (second time in Singapore for me) bare chested. I love WOMAD.... :P :D

Last year, there was this Korean band people. And these small, petite, cute girls on stage were banging those drums like they were beating the crap out of their loser boyfriends or husbands. You gotta have stamina for 45 minutes of drumming furiously and fast! Phew. I lost my breath just watching them. :-)

flyings

Postby flyings » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 9:38 am

Immortal

I'm not a big fan of rock and I dont know many big names either. :) But I do like P.O.D.
"My Immortal" is one of my favorate songs from Evanescence. I thought you liked it because of your id. :) but now I know you'are not fond of it.

I've been busy after I worked. But it's always been nice to know of new stuff. I like Shooglenifty, a scotish style music group. anyone interested in it? I may be there on Friday or Saturday and Sunday.

cheers
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:57 am

Flyings

I did say that I am into Goth music and Evanescence is Goth. Well its commercial radio friendly goth anyway. And I do like My Immortal. My nick however is in relation to vampires. The goth I listen to will never make the airwaves.

Guru

The cat people eh? Did you see them last year at the Esplanade, they kicked off their world tour with 3 free gigs here. Felix has rubberband legs.
I missed the Korean ladies, funny that. I love drumming. I must have been in a work shop or something.

rock chick

Postby rock chick » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:52 pm

I want to go to the Friday night. If anyone wants to meet up with me please PM me (dont think I have posted enough messages yet to PM). Also trying to find someone interested in seeing Brett Anderson (formerly of Suede) on 16 August.

Di_choc

Postby Di_choc » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:56 am

rock chick, let's meet up on e fri nite.