Singapore Expats Forum

Relocating with a dog from US to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

ntonya

Relocating with a dog from US to Singapore

Postby ntonya » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:56 am

Can anyone share their experiences about this? I am currently considering a job offer in Spore but my wife is worried about this.

Also has anyone been to the new quarantine facilities? Any comments on the size of the space, cleanliness, staff friendliness, etc? I am just trying to calm my wife's nerves :)

Thanks in advance!

singaporefamily

Quarantine

Postby singaporefamily » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 8:32 pm

We moved to Singapore in April with a cat. The facility is great and the staff are really caring. Make sure you request a room with A/C and maybe even a view (window). I heard that some people had to wait months as there was a waiting list for dogs. Everybody that I have talked to that has brought a pet has been satisfied. My husband brought our cat over almost a month before we left so that it would be easier to adjust once we arrived a month later. Maybe she might be better that way. It is on the far north side of the island and not the most convienent to get to. My husband did go and visit a couple times a week, but the staff also spent time with the cat as well. Good luck!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:33 pm

Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

terrieterrie

Postby terrieterrie » Mon, 22 Oct 2007 2:01 pm

hi there. did you end up moving? can i ask how your experience was. i am about to accept a job offer there and am moving with a small dog. thanks.