Singapore Expats

UNITED AIRLINE - Interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter

UNITED AIRLINE - Interview

Post by corines143 » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 8:53 pm

Hello gals.

Did anyone get the call to be interviewed this coming monday?
I got the call few days back this week. Suppose to reeach there at abt 945pm i think its the same procedure to be in a group and start off with self intro.

anyone going??
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: UNITED AIRLINE - Interview

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:40 pm

corines143 wrote:Hello gals.

I got the call few days back this week. Suppose to reeach there at abt 945pm i think its the same procedure to be in a group and start off with self intro.

anyone going??
Congrats, conrines. I've gotten a call from them too this wednesday, and am expected there at 0945hr. See ya!! :lol: Read from another threat that Ms.G has gotten hers too. :D
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 1:44 pm

Great see you there.. i am going with a friend. she and I planned to apply together ..all the best to all of you going..
do u know roughly the rounds? and how many ppl are going this time round?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 2:42 pm

corines143 wrote:Great see you there.. i am going with a friend. she and I planned to apply together ..all the best to all of you going..
do u know roughly the rounds? and how many ppl are going this time round?
Have no idea, as this is my first. Read from previous threat that there will be a total of 3 rounds. :lol: CHEERIOS!!
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

viewfrombelow

Post by viewfrombelow » Fri, 17 Aug 2007 7:35 pm

Does anyone have any clue on when their next intake will be?

westi

Post by westi » Sat, 18 Aug 2007 8:39 am

Does anyone knows, how many new crews did they take in, in their last intake? What is the ratio between guys and girls??? Thank you!

jan80

Post by jan80 » Sat, 18 Aug 2007 7:06 pm

From what I know from my friend who got in,there will not be anymore intake until at least next year.Even the current batch's training is on hold.They took in around 15 people during the most recent intake.

the*Shoes

Post by the*Shoes » Sat, 18 Aug 2007 8:53 pm

jan80 wrote:From what I know from my friend who got in,there will not be anymore intake until at least next year.Even the current batch's training is on hold.They took in around 15 people during the most recent intake.
jan80, 'until next year' do you mean there will be no intake in next year?
Woowww.... looks UA is really in trouble. Read previous post and it read that, to be on track fully, they have to spend around 6 months including training... and all the fees(uniforms, shoes, bags... not to mention there is no salary in training period) are trainee's expense...

i slipped from the final in the recent intake... :???:

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 1:12 am

the*Shoes wrote:Read previous post and it read that, to be on track fully, they have to spend around 6 months including training... and all the fees(uniforms, shoes, bags... not to mention there is no salary in training period) are trainee's expense...

Hello babe, 6 months training without salary is really harsh. :oops: Hopes after the training, life will be much better. :D

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 1:45 am

hmmm.. from their website, i think they do pay during training bah...

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 1:50 am

Lucille wrote:hmmm.. from their website, i think they do pay during training bah...
They do? :o Would you be kind enough to forward me the link of their website which states training will be paid. If it's true, that would be a good news. I didn't make it through the final interview for their recent recruitment, till then i'm sure no allowance nor salary will be paid. :wink:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: UNITED AIRLINE - Interview

Post by Paige » Sun, 19 Aug 2007 4:54 am

corines143 wrote:Hello gals.

anyone going??
Hi Corines143,

May I know when did you submit your application? Or did you apply in July?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

jan80

Post by jan80 » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:08 pm

the*Shoes wrote:
jan80 wrote:From what I know from my friend who got in,there will not be anymore intake until at least next year.Even the current batch's training is on hold.They took in around 15 people during the most recent intake.
jan80, 'until next year' do you mean there will be no intake in next year?
Woowww.... looks UA is really in trouble. Read previous post and it read that, to be on track fully, they have to spend around 6 months including training... and all the fees(uniforms, shoes, bags... not to mention there is no salary in training period) are trainee's expense...

Yup,my friend was recruited this July.She was supposed to start training in September but it has been deferred.Most likely,there will be no recruitment until they have cleared this current batch.
Trainees will not be paid during training and they will only have meal coupons per day.They will only be paid US1000 upon signing of the bond after they have graduated.

jan80

Post by jan80 » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:13 pm

For those who are interested,the training for Ua is only 5 weeks in Chicago and not 6 months.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:38 pm

rev12000 wrote:
Lucille wrote:hmmm.. from their website, i think they do pay during training bah...
They do? :o Would you be kind enough to forward me the link of their website which states training will be paid. If it's true, that would be a good news. I didn't make it through the final interview for their recent recruitment, till then i'm sure no allowance nor salary will be paid. :wink:

About Flight Attendant careers
The time is right to join United.
We believe every journey is an opportunity to shine. We're on the move with a renewed commitment to exceptional customer service. We have a solid foundation in place; a platform where we can provide challenging jobs with competitive wages and benefits for the people of United. We're an airline with a solid future.

Bring along your passion for customer service.
As one of United's most important links to our customers, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our customers’ perception of their travel experience. You’ll contribute to the company’s success by delivering thoughtful and attentive service that our loyal customers have come to expect.

Develop your commitment to safety.
At United, safety is our top priority and our customers count on you to ensure their safety, security and well being. You’ll receive the top safety training in the industry.

Join a profession with a reputation for excellence in safety and service.
The first flight attendants in the airline industry started at United over 75 years ago. Since that time, the face of the profession has evolved and changed, but not its mission. Today, over 15,000 United flight attendants continue their time-honored tradition of providing air travelers with safe and comfortable service.

Where will your new job take you?
As one of the largest international carriers based in the United States, United Airlines operates more than 3,400 flights a day on United, United Express® and TedSM to more than 200 U.S. domestic and international destinations.

Experience new cultures and meet new people.
Experience new cultures and meet new people as a flight attendant when you travel to destinations all over the world. Each day will bring new experiences, and because no two days are exactly the same, we are looking for individuals who are highly flexible and easily adaptable to change.

We’ll give you the tools.
While in training, you’ll learn about United’s business, customer service, aircraft equipment, food and beverage service, emergency procedures and first aid. You’ll also hone essential skills that you already possess, while learning the best ways to apply them in your new job. During training you may be eligible to receive a $1,500 incentive payment.*

If you share our commitment to customer service and you are ready to go places and to move your career in a positive new direction, climb aboard with United and see where it takes you. The sky’s the limit.

*Trainees who are offered an opportunity to enter Phase II training and accept such offer will receive a fifteen hundred dollar ($1,500.00) Phase II Incentive Payment. The trainee must agree to enter Phase II training in order to receive the incentive payment.

hmmmm... the astreix i not too sure... like what jan80 said, maybe u sign bond den get paid?