Singapore Expats


Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:38 pm


Post by southiedoc » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 1:05 pm

Greetings all!

Can anyone let me know if P, Q or S Work Pass Holder have to register for National Service.

Also, I came across these sentences in one of the immigration sites:

"Applicants who are given Permanent Residence under the first generation Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme or the Investor Scheme are exempted from serving National Service. "

Does the above mean a person who has to come to Singapore on P pass need not enlist for National Service when he applies for Permanent Residence?

I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you.

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 1:54 am
Location: Sing-a-Pore

Post by LT » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 1:09 pm

Hi... After you apply for the PR status, you will be the first generation and thus will be exempted from NS. But however, your future kids will need to serve their NS.

I am not driving fast - I am just flying low...

Post Reply

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests