Singapore Expats Forum

Weekend trip to Kuching

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
smrglivac

Weekend trip to Kuching

Postby smrglivac » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 1:27 pm

A group of expats will be traveling to Kuching this coming up weekend. We'd like to invite other expats to join us, provided these people understand that the purpose of this trip is travel, and NOT dating.

We are a group of kind, open-minded, relaxed people who are interested in seeing the sights and nature around us, so if you feel the same way, please feel free to pm me and I'll let you know the details.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but we are trying to weed out the weird people who seem intent on ruining what could be a nice travel group.

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 3:05 pm

Hi smrglivac,

don't think I can make it this weekend. If you are organising any similar trips in the near future, please kindly let me knoww. My husband and I would be interested.

I do understand what you mean by ulterior motives. It happens alot when there is an expat gathering. :(

wow_bryguy

Kuching

Postby wow_bryguy » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 6:47 pm

Erika,

Welcome to Singapore...seems as though you're busy starting your travels already. Sorry cannot make it this weekend, already traveling to Desaru!

Received your PM regarding KK in August, but couldn't respond via PM as apparently I don't have enough posts. Haven't booked anything yet but still plan on going. PM me with other contact details and we can coordinate that way.

Regards

trader11

Keep me in the loop

Postby trader11 » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 9:01 pm

Hi, can't make it this weekend, though would love to come around if you organize some other time

tammyt

Postby tammyt » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 9:21 pm

Hi! :)

I'm from Kuching haha..but wun be back there will Nov....if you need any info can PM me....

It is cheaper to fly from JB to KCH (AirAsia)...tho sometimes they delay the flights...hehe...from SG to Senai Airport (JB) can get those pvt cars to pick you up from your place here in SG...SGD50. If you have 3-4 persons...works out qt reasonable. If you are flying MAS, there is a shutter bus from Dunearn Orchid Hotel to Senai airport too.

If you guys are keen to go Sabah, I have a friend from there too...she may be able to provide some info on the place. :)

Have fun!
rgds
Tammy

Roops28

Postby Roops28 » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 1:12 pm

I am going to melacca this week. Guess cannot make it.
But, will be interested in any future weekend trips.

eyesReyes

Hey I'm In

Postby eyesReyes » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 4:51 am

Hey Guyz,

I'd love to go with u guyz.... But would like to know the itenary of the trip before a nod, since its a last minute trip do u guyz think it would be a good idea to catch a flight as the prices would be expensive or perhaps catch a ferry from some location in Malaysia to Kuching... would be fun... can take a few drinks on the way! he he... Though I don't drink :) Fruit Juice yo!!

Mmm.... let me do some research abt Kutching and post back to this thread. I don't have enuf posts so can't pm ya guyz....

Too bad the last travel thread was locked coz of some crappy spammers....

- Nikhil
I'm a simple guy with simple dreams, to achieve them I do impossible things.

flyings

Postby flyings » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 8:45 am

hi guys

sounds interesting
:D
can i know your itenary? How many days will you stay there?

eyesReyes

Postby eyesReyes » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 8:31 pm

Did ya guyz manage to go to Kuching??? :) If yes I'd love to see pictures coz I'm planning to go there sometime!! K then till next time cya!

eyesReyes

Postby eyesReyes » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 8:32 pm

Roops28 wrote:I am going to melacca this week. Guess cannot make it.
But, will be interested in any future weekend trips.

Hi Dude,
How long was u'r Melacca trip? What all did you manage to cover? I'm curious!!! :)
-eyesReyes