Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
lemmiknox
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012

Re: Post Surgery with Dr Charan

Postby lemmiknox » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:54 am

rozette88 wrote:Hi everybody, i posted in this forum few weeks back regarding surgery with dr charan.

I am now in day 6 post-op (sliding genioplasty and buccal fat removal) and my swelling has reduced tremendously. I must say Dr Charan and his nurses did a good job of taking care of me.

one thing i must mention that he really pays attention to my needs instead of pushing the surgical procedures to me. I initially wanted to do V line surgery but he suggested against it as i did not really did it and my jaw was not huge in the first place. He recommended sliding genioplasty instead as i had short chin. I also requested to remove my buccal fat as it tends to make my face look fat. He suggested removing some of the fats instead of all to maintain a youthful look.

I would say i have no regrets doing my surgery with Dr Charan as he managed to make me feel assured and takes care of my post-surgery needs/questions. The sliding genioplasty was also well done and my chin is now more prominent and makes my face looks sharper as well.


thanks rozette, that was really helpful! i'm also going to book with dr charan for a few surgeries including buccal fat removal.
its reassuring to know that he's not pushy. why did you chose to do sliding genio instead of a chin implant?
how was the procedure, was it painful? did you do it in his clinic, and how are his facilities? did you manage to get a look at his before/afters?

please keep us updated! it would help out tremendously.

rozette88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 30 Apr 2012

Re: Post Surgery with Dr Charan

Postby rozette88 » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:32 am

lemmiknox wrote:
thanks rozette, that was really helpful! i'm also going to book with dr charan for a few surgeries including buccal fat removal.
its reassuring to know that he's not pushy. why did you chose to do sliding genio instead of a chin implant?
how was the procedure, was it painful? did you do it in his clinic, and how are his facilities? did you manage to get a look at his before/afters?

please keep us updated! it would help out tremendously.


I decided to go for sliding genioplasty as it is permanent and would have less complications compared to chin implant. He did explain to me the pros and cons of the surgery before proceeding and i felt safe to commit to it.

The actual surgery was not painful as it was done under GA but after i woke up i did start to feel the pain however it was not a major issue because i was given painkillers. The more cumbersome thing would be the healing process where i had some difficulty eating and chewing due to the stitches.

He is an established craniologist in the region and i had no doubts in his expertise. The facilities in his clinic are up to date but not exactly the newest technology. Im sure he knows what tools to use to achieve the best results. =)

lemmiknox
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012

Re: Post Surgery with Dr Charan

Postby lemmiknox » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 5:27 pm

rozette88 wrote:
lemmiknox wrote:
thanks rozette, that was really helpful! i'm also going to book with dr charan for a few surgeries including buccal fat removal.
its reassuring to know that he's not pushy. why did you chose to do sliding genio instead of a chin implant?
how was the procedure, was it painful? did you do it in his clinic, and how are his facilities? did you manage to get a look at his before/afters?

please keep us updated! it would help out tremendously.


I decided to go for sliding genioplasty as it is permanent and would have less complications compared to chin implant. He did explain to me the pros and cons of the surgery before proceeding and i felt safe to commit to it.

The actual surgery was not painful as it was done under GA but after i woke up i did start to feel the pain however it was not a major issue because i was given painkillers. The more cumbersome thing would be the healing process where i had some difficulty eating and chewing due to the stitches.

He is an established craniologist in the region and i had no doubts in his expertise. The facilities in his clinic are up to date but not exactly the newest technology. Im sure he knows what tools to use to achieve the best results. =)


i was pretty set on dr charan, and i think you just sealed the deal for me. reviews on him are scarce and he generally gets around through word of mouth.

i gather it's been about a week, how are you healing up? is the buccal fat removal results showing? thats a big one for me. i also want chin implant. he never recommended sliding genio for me through email, but who knows in person.

i appreciate you coming back for a follow-up, most people just ditch the thread after they fulfill the deed. i'm planning to head to thailand this december for the surgeries.

did you get a peak at his before and afters? i'm trying to figure out if i want him to do my nose or not.

93765351
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 09 Jun 2012

Postby 93765351 » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:25 pm

93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:going for my rhino and alar on 17 sept 2012 with dr nara, anyone going around the same time?


flight - airasia booked
hotel - centara booked
countdown - 3 more months to go


1000mg vitamic C routine - started
a taste of pineapple juice - started

lemmiknox
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012

Postby lemmiknox » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 9:39 pm

93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:going for my rhino and alar on 17 sept 2012 with dr nara, anyone going around the same time?


flight - airasia booked
hotel - centara booked
countdown - 3 more months to go


1000mg vitamic C routine - started
a taste of pineapple juice - started


lol no need to start so early.

93765351
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 09 Jun 2012

Postby 93765351 » Fri, 22 Jun 2012 4:35 pm

lemmiknox wrote:
93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:going for my rhino and alar on 17 sept 2012 with dr nara, anyone going around the same time?


flight - airasia booked
hotel - centara booked
countdown - 3 more months to go


1000mg vitamic C routine - started
a taste of pineapple juice - started


lol no need to start so early.


hehe ... a case of 'dont want to loose out' for me ...lol

prayer
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri, 18 Feb 2011

Re: Epi with Dr Chi

Postby prayer » Fri, 22 Jun 2012 4:59 pm

Dear All or those whom previously shared with me about Epi, I'm back from Epi with Dr Chi . It's been 3 week but the Epi scar is very very obvious, worrying for me. Any one can share their recovery progress?
By when I will see the scar fade ? I'm applying dermatix scar gel diligently.

93765351
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 09 Jun 2012

Postby 93765351 » Tue, 26 Jun 2012 8:23 pm

93765351 wrote:
lemmiknox wrote:
93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:
93765351 wrote:going for my rhino and alar on 17 sept 2012 with dr nara, anyone going around the same time?


flight - airasia booked
hotel - centara booked
countdown - 3 more months to go


1000mg vitamic C routine - started
a taste of pineapple juice - started


lol no need to start so early.


hehe ... a case of 'dont want to loose out' for me ...lol


thanks boii18, dly noted

dapoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby dapoh » Sat, 30 Jun 2012 2:02 pm

Hi guys. Just registered today although i have been lurking for quite a little. I just came back from Bangkok 2 days ago. Had Alarplasty and Chin Implant done at Yanhee by Dr Vitawat. Although the nose is still not the end result i'm looking for (have a little bulbous tip), i am extremely pleased with the surgeries and Dr Vitawat was an extremely patient and gentle doctor. I would strongly recommend him if any of you are deciding on Yanhee.

Well, i actually chose Yanhee because it was advised by my thai friends and also it is a huge hospital and this being my first PS trip, i was kinda afraid to try the smaller clinics like Dr Nara or Tokai.

But right now, i am already thinking of planning a second PS trip and am considering Tokai for tip refining or Dr Nara.

Question is - does anyone knows aadvark from this forum? I think he is able to answer some questions but since i just registered i am unable to PM him. Can someone pm me his contact? Thanks!

at77
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 10 Apr 2009

Postby at77 » Sat, 30 Jun 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

i have been contemplating BA with either Dr Nara or Dr Chi, would greatly appreciate sharing ur experience on your procedure?
how are ur new enhancement?
Where are your incision and what shape u choose?
Are they settling nicely now?
Sorry to ask so much but m really really keen in doing it…

TIA!

cocoabutter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 01 Jul 2012

Postby cocoabutter » Sun, 01 Jul 2012 2:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here :)

have some questions, would appreciate if u guys can help answer. many thanks

-how many posts are needed in order to PM forummer?
-does Dr nara charged consultation fee?
-deposit is required to book for appoinment with dr nara? how much do we need to pay?

cocoabutter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 01 Jul 2012

Postby cocoabutter » Sun, 01 Jul 2012 2:14 pm

Btw, im looking for a PS travel buddy, can take care of each other.

Anyone who looks out for travel companion can pm me :)

dapoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby dapoh » Sun, 01 Jul 2012 4:56 pm


dapoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby dapoh » Sun, 01 Jul 2012 5:37 pm

dapoh wrote:Hi guys. Just registered today although i have been lurking for quite a little. I just came back from Bangkok 2 days ago. Had Alarplasty and Chin Implant done at Yanhee by Dr Vitawat. Although the nose is still not the end result i'm looking for (have a little bulbous tip), i am extremely pleased with the surgeries and Dr Vitawat was an extremely patient and gentle doctor. I would strongly recommend him if any of you are deciding on Yanhee.

Well, i actually chose Yanhee because it was advised by my thai friends and also it is a huge hospital and this being my first PS trip, i was kinda afraid to try the smaller clinics like Dr Nara or Tokai.

But right now, i am already thinking of planning a second PS trip and am considering Tokai for tip refining or Dr Nara.

Question is - does anyone knows aadvark from this forum? I think he is able to answer some questions but since i just registered i am unable to PM him. Can someone pm me his contact? Thanks!


can someone help me out on this?

lemmiknox
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012

Postby lemmiknox » Sun, 01 Jul 2012 7:22 pm

dapoh wrote:
dapoh wrote:Hi guys. Just registered today although i have been lurking for quite a little. I just came back from Bangkok 2 days ago. Had Alarplasty and Chin Implant done at Yanhee by Dr Vitawat. Although the nose is still not the end result i'm looking for (have a little bulbous tip), i am extremely pleased with the surgeries and Dr Vitawat was an extremely patient and gentle doctor. I would strongly recommend him if any of you are deciding on Yanhee.

Well, i actually chose Yanhee because it was advised by my thai friends and also it is a huge hospital and this being my first PS trip, i was kinda afraid to try the smaller clinics like Dr Nara or Tokai.

But right now, i am already thinking of planning a second PS trip and am considering Tokai for tip refining or Dr Nara.

Question is - does anyone knows aadvark from this forum? I think he is able to answer some questions but since i just registered i am unable to PM him. Can someone pm me his contact? Thanks!


can someone help me out on this?


Hi dapoh.

Aadvark hasn't been active in a long time.
As for tip defining, I don't think Dr Nara does it.

I think I was able to PM after only a few posts.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest