Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
gf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008

Postby gf » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:56 am

admirer09 wrote:
aadvark wrote:
gf wrote:hey...
just curious,
why don't u ppl get the PS done locally? i mean in singapore.
why would u wanna go to thailand to get it done, is it a lot cheaper considering the time spent, the air fare etc.
if the results are the same, that is.


considering time spent, travelling accomodations etc, it can still cost less than 50% of the cost to do it in singapore...

as many people in the forum will attest to, the skills of our local surgeons are at best, satisfactory. probably due to lack of practice due to the unaffordable prices


yah i agree, quote me any place in singpore u can get Lipo at $500 & i 'll agree with u ~


well i'd think that if you wanna go for PS, cost shouldn't be the top concern. quality should be. if something screws up, or isn't up to your expectation, usually its permanent.
of course if u can get the job done in thailand for the same or better quality at a lower price, that makes sense. but if its cheaper but the quality ain't that great, or if they dun haf strict infection control, than i'd rather pay more for better quality. :P

Lea
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2007

j3nn1 pls respond...i am a newbie too

Postby Lea » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 1:14 am

Hi, I cannot PM u cos I am a newbie. I am still very very keen in going for the surgery but I ned to build up my immune system..someone say eat more Pineapple....

So I guess earliest is March after Chinese New Year.

How many days are u planning?

I am thinking

Day 1) Nose & Double eyelid
Day 2) Lipo legs
Day 3) Lipo arms
Day 4) Lipo stomach

Nara responded my email, asked me to call him directly for an appointment.

Lea
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2007

j3nn1

Postby Lea » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 1:16 am

j3nn1, sorry the above post was meant for you.

Just a note that I am looking for a good skin doctor in Thailand. Pls advise if anybody can recommend any. Thanks.

:wink:

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 8:42 am

gf wrote:
admirer09 wrote:
aadvark wrote:
gf wrote:hey...
just curious,
why don't u ppl get the PS done locally? i mean in singapore.
why would u wanna go to thailand to get it done, is it a lot cheaper considering the time spent, the air fare etc.
if the results are the same, that is.


considering time spent, travelling accomodations etc, it can still cost less than 50% of the cost to do it in singapore...

as many people in the forum will attest to, the skills of our local surgeons are at best, satisfactory. probably due to lack of practice due to the unaffordable prices


yah i agree, quote me any place in singpore u can get Lipo at $500 & i 'll agree with u ~


well i'd think that if you wanna go for PS, cost shouldn't be the top concern. quality should be. if something screws up, or isn't up to your expectation, usually its permanent.
of course if u can get the job done in thailand for the same or better quality at a lower price, that makes sense. but if its cheaper but the quality ain't that great, or if they dun haf strict infection control, than i'd rather pay more for better quality. :P


which is furthering the point, if we get it done at the right surgeons in thailand, we are paying less for better quality...

hmmm, does infection control count as better quality?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

simplegal84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat, 16 Jun 2007

Postby simplegal84 » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 7:54 pm

PS surgeons may not be as experience as PS surgeons in thailand.
with due dilligence, it isnt hard to find that some who did with famous surgeons in singapore actually have to redo their PS in thailand and are more satisified with the work of a PS surgeon in thailand.

it isnt just about cost, but of cos if u can get gd quality at reasonable price, why not?

wteng
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008

Postby wteng » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 7:54 pm

[quote="j3nn1"]hey i am interested in facial lipo too... actually what i want to do most now is to get a slimmer face n perhaps some lipo on my double chin...
r u make or female? going to nara alone? im interested in going to nara too... or perhaps swan... but dunno how much they charge and when

i most prob going in late feb, waiting for nara's reply. i am female, 23 yrs old.. most prob do rhino and facial lipo.......most prob saty for 4 days... u???

bumperkiss2
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby bumperkiss2 » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 9:17 pm

Hey all of you,

Finally today I did my rhino alar and increase the height of my double eyelid. Advark, I think ure right, for us who already have double eyelid... downtime could be longer. Siggh.

Reached the clinic at 10am but only started surgery at 1-ish pm. Dr Nara really recommended the natural look for me when I requested for a high implant (I have a long nose thats why I wanted a high one). I went with his sugeestion. Really biting my fingers now. Doest look high enough for me at the moment but then again, Im all banged up now so its too soon to say I wont like it. Sorry if there are tons of typoes on this post... my eyes are swollen shut.

How is that noone told me the pain is sooo bad? immediately after!!! Lol. Gosh if my eyes are in working order, I would have cried. I will post pictures when I have taken the tape off my eyes. Cause right now u and I both cant see anything haha...

glacial
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby glacial » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:28 am

actually i wanna try arm and stomach lipo..hehe alar i dare not cos i'm worrie d of the scar.advart, how's ur dimple healing?i was thinking of tryin too!!


do u guys think 3 days wil be enough? for the 2 procedures?

Lea
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2007

Postby Lea » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:02 am

wteng, I am female. 29 years old. U? Thinking of March...wanna go together?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:19 am

bumperkiss2 wrote:Hey all of you,

Finally today I did my rhino alar and increase the height of my double eyelid. Advark, I think ure right, for us who already have double eyelid... downtime could be longer. Siggh.

Reached the clinic at 10am but only started surgery at 1-ish pm. Dr Nara really recommended the natural look for me when I requested for a high implant (I have a long nose thats why I wanted a high one). I went with his sugeestion. Really biting my fingers now. Doest look high enough for me at the moment but then again, Im all banged up now so its too soon to say I wont like it. Sorry if there are tons of typoes on this post... my eyes are swollen shut.

How is that noone told me the pain is sooo bad? immediately after!!! Lol. Gosh if my eyes are in working order, I would have cried. I will post pictures when I have taken the tape off my eyes. Cause right now u and I both cant see anything haha...



speedy recovery girl! :D
Cry when you get ripped.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:30 am

bumperkiss2 wrote:Hey all of you,

Finally today I did my rhino alar and increase the height of my double eyelid. Advark, I think ure right, for us who already have double eyelid... downtime could be longer. Siggh.

Reached the clinic at 10am but only started surgery at 1-ish pm. Dr Nara really recommended the natural look for me when I requested for a high implant (I have a long nose thats why I wanted a high one). I went with his sugeestion. Really biting my fingers now. Doest look high enough for me at the moment but then again, Im all banged up now so its too soon to say I wont like it. Sorry if there are tons of typoes on this post... my eyes are swollen shut.

How is that noone told me the pain is sooo bad? immediately after!!! Lol. Gosh if my eyes are in working order, I would have cried. I will post pictures when I have taken the tape off my eyes. Cause right now u and I both cant see anything haha...


i was tearing after my surgery too, but due to the pain from the chin implant... overrode the pain from everything else, lol, so cannot tell whether eyelid is painful immediately post-op
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

bumperkiss2
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby bumperkiss2 » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:40 pm

Alright.. update time. Went to the clinic earlier to have the tapes removed. It's so weird walking to the clinic cause I can hardly open my eyes and I felt like Im bumping into pple all the time lol. But nevermind that.. so now the tapes are removed.. I can see my piggy swollen face.

Question to all of you who already had face PS.... when do u start bruising? Well, I am taking Sinecch but I'm sure ill still bruise at least a little. Cause now on day 2, Im just swollen like anything.. and well, my eyes are out of the question hahhaa. So lemme know yeah, if I should anticipate bruises tomorrow or the day after. Thanks guys!

Here's how I look now lol.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/bumpbump_album/day2.jpg

Like crap.. I know haha. So anyone of you intending to do PS, please prepare yourself to look like this at the start heh heh. :D

Oh and Aadvark, thanks for the tip about movies.. I almost brought a whole stack of books THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO READ. Watching DVDs on my laptop is more realistic haha.
Last edited by bumperkiss2 on Tue, 05 Feb 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

momoko
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2007

Postby momoko » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 2:55 pm

omg thats scary

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 4:31 pm

haha, i was that swollen too!

think the bruises appear around the 3rd day, faint yellowish bruises under the eyes... remember your pineapples!

lol, mewmewzz was recovered on the 5th day after her huge pineapple diet...
but then you did so much more, so be patient :) it will all be worth it when u look back 1 year later
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

bumperkiss2
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby bumperkiss2 » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 5:07 pm

aadvark wrote:haha, i was that swollen too!

think the bruises appear around the 3rd day, faint yellowish bruises under the eyes... remember your pineapples!

lol, mewmewzz was recovered on the 5th day after her huge pineapple diet...
but then you did so much more, so be patient :) it will all be worth it when u look back 1 year later


Aadvark, I cant seem to find pineapple juice at 7-11. Where did u buy yr pineapple juice from?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest