Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mint_leaf
Regular
Regular

Postby mint_leaf » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:47 am

Hi macaronincheeze,

Tough decision I would say. If cost is not the main concern, then just get MH. But the bill would be.. gosh.! A better & appropriate option is back to Nara, since he is the one who handles yr op, or maybe a re-do if necessary.

Why scared of staying in hotel alone ? Just sleep yr nite thru lo..

macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macaronincheeze » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:50 am

mint_leaf wrote:Hi macaronincheeze,

Tough decision I would say. If cost is not the main concern, then just get MH. But the bill would be.. gosh.! A better & appropriate option is back to Nara, since he is the one who handles yr op, or maybe a re-do if necessary.

I also think so go back to him.. *crying* without tears now. I am so pissed with this ops. maybe I really didn't do a good cleaning or i wash my face too early? but I called to ask the nurse before i wash my face de.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 1:15 am

wannabeplasticteen wrote:Hey everyone!

I have booked an appointment and paid a deposit to Dr. Nara for March 2011 next year. I am so excited about it! Am going to buy airtickets soon.

I keep running to the mirror to try to imagine how Ill look like after surgery. Hahaha.

I think I'll be staying there for 5 days. Can SinEcch be bought over the counter? Or does anyone has any SinEcch to sell?

Rachel is still selling sinnech, hp: 96371571
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 1:18 am

macaronincheeze wrote:
blessedrekyo wrote:When I was very young, I remembered that was what my dad asked the GP to apply on my leg when the GP removed 10 over stitches from my leg. :)

Gal, I went to Dr, Martin Huang this morning leh. because my dimples one side like inflamation leh.

he see my nose and says very good, but dimples no choice liao. one side have and another side don't have, he arrange for removing stitches for me on monday.

Today charges was like 200, I am WOW.. but no choice, have to be save, cos i dn't want my face got NUA you know.

So I am thinking, whether wants to go back and let him remove stitches or not leh... OMG.. so ex leh. wait another 200 again.

Haiz... :?

there are cheaper PS in sg like tan tock seng got PS dept

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 1:21 am

macaronincheeze wrote:

I also think so go back to him.. *crying* without tears now. I am so pissed with this ops. maybe I really didn't do a good cleaning or i wash my face too early? but I called to ask the nurse before i wash my face de.

first 2 weeks dun wash face, just use a damp cloth, and a waterless facial foam like ginvera marvel gel etc. always try to avoid direct contact of water with wound

mint_leaf
Regular
Regular

Postby mint_leaf » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 1:29 am

Or you should just cleanse yr face with a soap free cleanser. I bought cetaphil gentle cleanser and clean my face with the gauze by gently wiping it, from day 2 onwards. Cos really cant stand the oiliness. It can be used without water too. I like the feeling that it is not drying and leave a thin film on my skin.

macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macaronincheeze » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 1:33 am

aadvark wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:

first 2 weeks dun wash face, just use a damp cloth, and a waterless facial foam like ginvera marvel gel etc. always try to avoid direct contact of water with wound

OMG, i didn't know about it lor... OMG gosh...... Then if I start now, not sure whether will it be helpful, OK. Thanks Aadvark for the information, tmw morning I will go there.

Thanks

blessedrekyo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blessedrekyo » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:46 am

macaronincheeze wrote:
blessedrekyo wrote:When I was very young, I remembered that was what my dad asked the GP to apply on my leg when the GP removed 10 over stitches from my leg. :)

Gal, I went to Dr, Martin Huang this morning leh. because my dimples one side like inflamation leh.

he see my nose and says very good, but dimples no choice liao. one side have and another side don't have, he arrange for removing stitches for me on monday.

Today charges was like 200, I am WOW.. but no choice, have to be save, cos i dn't want my face got NUA you know.

So I am thinking, whether wants to go back and let him remove stitches or not leh... OMG.. so ex leh. wait another 200 again.

Haiz... :?

Gosh! Saw ur picture and it looked like there is pus on ur right cheek! :o

Why not call and chk with Dr. Nara to see whether he can do a revision for u FOC?
Cos I know my surgeon in BKK does... I remembered signing a doc on if you are not satisfied with ur result, u can go back to have it revise and re-do for free. Of cos we got to pay for all our air tkt and accommodation ourselves la. :)

Now hope everything is fine and I guessed it is better to take aadvark's advice and go to TTS hospital to look for PS to remove your stitches cos most PS in Singapore charges are damn high.
Little thing and u can be charged a bomb liao... :shock:

Take care, macaronincheeze! :)
Last edited by blessedrekyo on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hellosunshine

Postby hellosunshine » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:41 pm

macaronincheeze wrote:
aadvark wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:

OMG, i didn't know about it lor... OMG gosh...... Then if I start now, not sure whether will it be helpful, OK. Thanks Aadvark for the information, tmw morning I will go there.

Thanks

Hey macoronincheeze! Can PM me? I am leaving for Dr Nara's in 2 weeks and I wanna ask you some questions :) I cannot PM!!

hellosunshine

Postby hellosunshine » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:57 pm

aadvark wrote:
blessedrekyo wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:
aadvark wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:
blessedrekyo wrote:
LOL!!! Anyway, can chk with u, if to do the nose tip, what is it call ar?

huh.. I am not sure also leh... I think is call Alar Plasty, then Rhino Plasty is the nose bridge. :P

the fleshy lumps on side of nose is your alar, so the op for that is alarplasty. the op for tip is tipoplasty. the bridge is rhinoplasty

Wow... thanks aadvark... thanks so much.. :o i any how.. hahahahaha

Thank u both so much for d infos. :D
macaronincheeze, u no anyhow la, u also correct le.... :lol:

Hi aadvark, may I ask are alar & tipoplasty consider big surgery? I mean do they leave behind long time swelling and bruises? Or which is the less swelling & bruises op?
Or I shld ask which is the less cut on the nose, maybe just injection to make the nose tip (btwn the 2 nostrils) nicer? :lol:

Cos I'm working in d front line industry and can't afford to hv obvious swelling & bruise on my face if need longer downtime.

Hope to hear ur advice. Thanks. :wink:

alarplasty is quite simple, swelling goes away around 1 week plus, not obvious at all

tipoplasty is rarely done in Thailand. when tipoplasty is done, it requires open nose surgery which is more major and longer downtime.

what is more common is the L-shaped implant, which both raises the bridge and extends the tip to make it look sharper. this is closed surgery, so downtime much shorter. obvious swelling goes away in a week plus.

but of cos, after every op, it tends to look a little unnatural at the start due to micro-swelling, so ur bridge altho not swollen will look too high at the start, so I usu recommend to hide it with glasses first, till the 3-month mark.

also, how much the L-shaped implant can extend your tip is also dependent on the thickness of your skin, people with thick skin can extend more; pple with thin skin less, cos if thin skin and too much extension, will cause extrusion. so i hope you're thick-skinned! :D

well, if ur bridge is already high enough, you can use fillers for your tip. I recommend to try with non-permanent fillers first, before you attempt with permanent fillers. if u jump straight in with permanent and dun like the effect, it's gonna be tough removing it

Hi aadvark or anyone who has done alar + rhino + double eyelid... After 6 days is it still obvious you had PS done to ur face? I'm coming back to SG during new year period, alot of activities must show face >.<

winzzz

Postby winzzz » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Lacey
I am one of the unfortunate one who has infection after BA. I had it done with Nara 1.5months back.. and left side has been swelling since day 1, it didnt go down. Now I am facing the fact that I have to have them removed if they are badly infected.
I am thinking to go back to Nara this week too. How long are you staying through?
Please sms me...... 94238813 (helpless winzzzz)

Lacey wrote:hi..

I am gng to NARA on 15 dec for BA, very excited and anxious... Can anyone share more with me?

Pain level when you wake up?
Any problem going back to hotel from hospital after the surgery?
tt day you went back to hotel you rest the whole day in hotel?
Can we go out and get food and shopping after?
Any fever or nausea feeling when you wake up?
Coming back to SG to remove sitches? normal GP will remove stitches for BA??

Isit very painful and difficult to move and walk ard after ba? as I might need to meet ppl after 1 week as it is near Xmas...

:?

moochi
Regular
Regular

Postby moochi » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 5:17 pm

macaronincheeze wrote:
aadvark wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:

Thanks

Oh dear, so sorry to hear you have infection, did you ask for more antibiotics from Nara? I quite kaisu, since i did multiple surgeries while i was there, i ask for 2 packs of antibiotics and 1 pack of painkiller.

Aadvark is rite, do not touch water on the wound. I used baby wetwipes and wipe around my face avoiding the alar area for the 1st few days.

So what's your plan? Maybe you can go to a GP first to treat the infection. After that you can then think about re-doing the dimple.

Take care!

macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macaronincheeze » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 7:00 pm

hellosunshine wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:
aadvark wrote:
macaronincheeze wrote:

Thanks

Hey macoronincheeze! Can PM me? I am leaving for Dr Nara's in 2 weeks and I wanna ask you some questions :) I cannot PM!!

Hi I went to TTSH Dr Samuel Ho this morning. he remove the stitches already. and he says it is not infection at that part. he says that is not pus, he says this is inflammation.

but he gave me an open date review, so after my medication, i will have to see how is the inflammation.

I will have to pray hard bah...

Hmd

Postby Hmd » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 9:00 pm

macaronincheeze - sorry to hear bot ur inflammation. Hope dat all will goes well and u will recover soon O:)

Intially, i intend to do lipo wif Dr. Nara tis week but after seeing my pics, he jez replied dat he cant do it for me as the area is too small... hmm... wonder what he meant.... :???: Anyway, I wud be doing buccal fat removal and rhinoplasty + alarplasty wif another doctor tmrw but the doctor refused to do my eyes saying dat my eyes are ok.. The only set-back is the nurse promised to call me back today to advise on several issues but did not do so. Getting worried and nervous now... ](*,)

m3lody

Postby m3lody » Mon, 13 Dec 2010 9:12 pm

For those who had chin augmentation, how many days did the swollen subside? The dr want to give me schedule during CNY. but I have family gathering in 2 week time after CNY. Do u guys think I have enough time to recover (as of it's not so obivous that I have my chin done)
:oops:
Appreciate any reply..

TIA