Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
raiderbomb
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 01 Jul 2010

Postby raiderbomb » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 1:25 am

aadvark wrote:
Eve2511 wrote:Dear All,

I've read most of your experiences with rhinoplasty in thailand, and would really appreciate if anyone could please advise me on this:
Have anyone went back home on the next day after surgery?
I'm planning to get my revised rhino+alar+chin augmentation done, and wonder is it possible/appropriate for me to go back the day after surgery?


yes, it is possible, but in my own experience, having done as much on my very first trip, u'd just be torturing yourself because the pain is horrendous, and u'd be swollen till ur mum can't recognise you. give it a few days, i doubt it's good for such tiring travel when u still need to recover.


i agree. you can definitely go back the next day but be prepared to be the center of attention everywhere you go. your face will be so swollen and it will just keep on swelling till the 5th or 6th day. then it will subside. i did rhino with dr putt in may and it was purely just rhino and i swelled like a... 1st day like an avatar. 2nd day like a floating corpse. 3rd day like a pig, really. 4th day my face looked like a bun but the swell was even on my face. 5th day, my face wasnt that swollen anymore but nose was huge. then it will slowly subside and you will start to see yourself again in the mirror. then again, the recovery period for people differ but generally it'll take about a week or two for the swell to go away. besides you're doing 3 surgeries. i cant imagine how the swell will look like. it's best to stay low for 5 days before going out la haha, but all the best to you.
:)

magical
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010

Postby magical » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 5:24 pm

celest87 wrote:i now in hat yai... Tml is my surgery... Feel so excited....



Hey Celeste! Gd luck to u =) Jia U!

magical
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010

Postby magical » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 5:24 pm

aadvark wrote:
magical wrote:Hey all,

Wana ask those who did Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) using Silicone implant with Dr. Nara...

Still must go back again yearly for Adjustment/Touch-up?

For my case, my sleeping position is always Freefall (Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side.)

Will it affect my nose if I had a Nose job?


just have to be careful first few mths, after that, when ur skin and tissue has grown around the implant and keeping it stable, u can withstand most impacts. i've walked into the door a couple of times already, no problem :P


Hey Aadvark,

Thanks for ur response! :)

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 10:34 pm

raiderbomb wrote:
aadvark wrote:
Eve2511 wrote:Dear All,

I've read most of your experiences with rhinoplasty in thailand, and would really appreciate if anyone could please advise me on this:
Have anyone went back home on the next day after surgery?
I'm planning to get my revised rhino+alar+chin augmentation done, and wonder is it possible/appropriate for me to go back the day after surgery?


yes, it is possible, but in my own experience, having done as much on my very first trip, u'd just be torturing yourself because the pain is horrendous, and u'd be swollen till ur mum can't recognise you. give it a few days, i doubt it's good for such tiring travel when u still need to recover.


i agree. you can definitely go back the next day but be prepared to be the center of attention everywhere you go. your face will be so swollen and it will just keep on swelling till the 5th or 6th day. then it will subside. i did rhino with dr putt in may and it was purely just rhino and i swelled like a... 1st day like an avatar. 2nd day like a floating corpse. 3rd day like a pig, really. 4th day my face looked like a bun but the swell was even on my face. 5th day, my face wasnt that swollen anymore but nose was huge. then it will slowly subside and you will start to see yourself again in the mirror. then again, the recovery period for people differ but generally it'll take about a week or two for the swell to go away. besides you're doing 3 surgeries. i cant imagine how the swell will look like. it's best to stay low for 5 days before going out la haha, but all the best to you.
:)


lol, i can attest to that! on my first trip, i did eyelids, nose, and chin together... can u imagine the swelling and pain? dun think anyone would have doubted me if i told them i was a victim of a hit-and-run accident :P
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Eve2511
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 11 Jul 2010

Postby Eve2511 » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:45 pm

aadvark wrote:
raiderbomb wrote:
aadvark wrote:
Eve2511 wrote:Dear All,

I've read most of your experiences with rhinoplasty in thailand, and would really appreciate if anyone could please advise me on this:
Have anyone went back home on the next day after surgery?
I'm planning to get my revised rhino+alar+chin augmentation done, and wonder is it possible/appropriate for me to go back the day after surgery?


yes, it is possible, but in my own experience, having done as much on my very first trip, u'd just be torturing yourself because the pain is horrendous, and u'd be swollen till ur mum can't recognise you. give it a few days, i doubt it's good for such tiring travel when u still need to recover.


i agree. you can definitely go back the next day but be prepared to be the center of attention everywhere you go. your face will be so swollen and it will just keep on swelling till the 5th or 6th day. then it will subside. i did rhino with dr putt in may and it was purely just rhino and i swelled like a... 1st day like an avatar. 2nd day like a floating corpse. 3rd day like a pig, really. 4th day my face looked like a bun but the swell was even on my face. 5th day, my face wasnt that swollen anymore but nose was huge. then it will slowly subside and you will start to see yourself again in the mirror. then again, the recovery period for people differ but generally it'll take about a week or two for the swell to go away. besides you're doing 3 surgeries. i cant imagine how the swell will look like. it's best to stay low for 5 days before going out la haha, but all the best to you.
:)


lol, i can attest to that! on my first trip, i did eyelids, nose, and chin together... can u imagine the swelling and pain? dun think anyone would have doubted me if i told them i was a victim of a hit-and-run accident :P


Thanks Aadvark and raiderbomb,
I definitely understand how bad i'm gonna looks like after all these surgeries.. :( Cos when i've my first rhino back in two years, Avatar movie wasnt out yet, cant really describe my swollen nose to my sis. When later me and my sis watch Avatar in cinema, the first thing i told her was like, "see! this is exactly how my nose looks like!" :P
But the problem is i need to hide this from my bf, and i cant even tell him that i'm going to Thailand cos he has been suspecting ever since i keep browsing websites about surgery,thailand, and this forum... Anyway i'll hide at home for weeks after this. **Sigh**
Btw, heard that a revised rhino will recover faster than the 1st time rhino, is it true?

User avatar
plasticboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 07 Aug 2010

Postby plasticboy » Sat, 07 Aug 2010 11:10 pm

Just did rhino with dr nara on the 4th of august. my first surgery, and im alone in hat yai. its super boring and quite scary at the same time because my nose swelled like some pig nose. look like i am one of the characters from the movie 'avatar'.

Anyway, day 1 was bad enough. Just swelling in the middle of both eyes. the bridge, and the tip of the nose.

Day 2, swelling continues. Gets even worse. In between the eyes the swell made me look like luo han fish.

Day 3, no better either. Avatar looking nose still stays, but you get additional swells under and above the eye. Really scary. Every morning I wake up at the hotel, and while washing my face I am shocked to see myself in the mirror. Totally look like alien.

Tomorrow is Day 4 and I'm going back to Singapore. This is bad. Hope it subsides tomorrow. :(

User avatar
plasticboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 07 Aug 2010

Postby plasticboy » Sat, 07 Aug 2010 11:15 pm

raiderbomb wrote:
aadvark wrote:
Eve2511 wrote:Dear All,

I've read most of your experiences with rhinoplasty in thailand, and would really appreciate if anyone could please advise me on this:
Have anyone went back home on the next day after surgery?
I'm planning to get my revised rhino+alar+chin augmentation done, and wonder is it possible/appropriate for me to go back the day after surgery?


yes, it is possible, but in my own experience, having done as much on my very first trip, u'd just be torturing yourself because the pain is horrendous, and u'd be swollen till ur mum can't recognise you. give it a few days, i doubt it's good for such tiring travel when u still need to recover.


i agree. you can definitely go back the next day but be prepared to be the center of attention everywhere you go. your face will be so swollen and it will just keep on swelling till the 5th or 6th day. then it will subside. i did rhino with dr putt in may and it was purely just rhino and i swelled like a... 1st day like an avatar. 2nd day like a floating corpse. 3rd day like a pig, really. 4th day my face looked like a bun but the swell was even on my face. 5th day, my face wasnt that swollen anymore but nose was huge. then it will slowly subside and you will start to see yourself again in the mirror. then again, the recovery period for people differ but generally it'll take about a week or two for the swell to go away. besides you're doing 3 surgeries. i cant imagine how the swell will look like. it's best to stay low for 5 days before going out la haha, but all the best to you.
:)


HAHA. Your post damn funny. Yeah. Its my day 3 now, and i look like a pig. It's really that bad. Can't imagine 3 surgeries. I think I would rather die than look at myself in the mirror!

User avatar
macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun, 27 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

I want to make my nose looks better

Postby macaronincheeze » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 3:26 pm

Hi, I'm Shan, I want to make my nose looks better.

May anyone here give me some advice? Also maybe my whole face, I would like to have an extreme make over.

Do you guys think, I should go Yanhee Hospital or Dr Nara? I had done my (Lipo Suction) at Dr Nara's Clinic Last year.

By looking at my picture here, I would like to shape my cheek and my lower part of my eye, which you all can see, i have lots fine lines.

Sigh... I think mine is going to be a big job on my face.

Thanks

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by macaronincheeze on Sun, 08 Aug 2010 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun, 27 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby macaronincheeze » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 4:01 pm

kaitin wrote:thinking of doing my nose, who will be a better choice?Dr Nara or Dr Putt?? really need some advice....


Hi Kaitin, i would love to do my nose too.. I also have the same problem like you. maybe you can see my post here, I had posted my picture here and get some advice. My nose is really looking awful man...

what are you not satisfy with your nose? Mine, I think its too big. and the nostril is too big too..

:(

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 9:31 pm

macaronincheeze wrote:
kaitin wrote:thinking of doing my nose, who will be a better choice?Dr Nara or Dr Putt?? really need some advice....


Hi Kaitin, i would love to do my nose too.. I also have the same problem like you. maybe you can see my post here, I had posted my picture here and get some advice. My nose is really looking awful man...

what are you not satisfy with your nose? Mine, I think its too big. and the nostril is too big too..

:(


for nara and puttisak, the ops are abt the same, so results wun vary very much. macaronincheeze, u will def see an improvement after doing with them, but simple L-shaped implant wun give u dramatic results like korean celebs of cos. in ur case, i wld suggest a chin implant to balance out the proportions, will make ur cheeks look smaller, and whole face slimmer overall :)

my first op, i did eyes, nose, chin, and it basically made me look like a diff person :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun, 27 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby macaronincheeze » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:44 am

aadvark wrote:for nara and puttisak, the ops are abt the same, so results wun vary very much. macaronincheeze, u will def see an improvement after doing with them, but simple L-shaped implant wun give u dramatic results like korean celebs of cos. in ur case, i wld suggest a chin implant to balance out the proportions, will make ur cheeks look smaller, and whole face slimmer overall :)

my first op, i did eyes, nose, chin, and it basically made me look like a diff person :)


wow.. thanks aadvark for the adv. I also think my chin is too short, OKay, I think I will do my chin and also my nose bridge, because my nose have no bridge... you can see my side view photo here...

Also I have eye bag and fine lines, I think I need to get rids of those lines then my cheek also very saggy liao... also I need to stitch my nostril to make is down size, the hole so big right sigh...

But Addvark you very brave leh... one shot you did so many parts..

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 8:51 am

macaronincheeze wrote:
aadvark wrote:for nara and puttisak, the ops are abt the same, so results wun vary very much. macaronincheeze, u will def see an improvement after doing with them, but simple L-shaped implant wun give u dramatic results like korean celebs of cos. in ur case, i wld suggest a chin implant to balance out the proportions, will make ur cheeks look smaller, and whole face slimmer overall :)

my first op, i did eyes, nose, chin, and it basically made me look like a diff person :)


wow.. thanks aadvark for the adv. I also think my chin is too short, OKay, I think I will do my chin and also my nose bridge, because my nose have no bridge... you can see my side view photo here...

Also I have eye bag and fine lines, I think I need to get rids of those lines then my cheek also very saggy liao... also I need to stitch my nostril to make is down size, the hole so big right sigh...

But Addvark you very brave leh... one shot you did so many parts..

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


my recommendation: eyebags, rhino, alar, chin
but u have to decide whether u wanna do it all at one shot... can be mentally traumatic during recovery
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
moochi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 15 Jul 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Re: I want to make my nose looks better

Postby moochi » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:15 pm

[quote="macaronincheeze"]Hi, I'm Shan, I want to make my nose looks better.

May anyone here give me some advice? Also maybe my whole face, I would like to have an extreme make over.

Do you guys think, I should go Yanhee Hospital or Dr Nara? I had done my (Lipo Suction) at Dr Nara's Clinic Last year.

By looking at my picture here, I would like to shape my cheek and my lower part of my eye, which you all can see, i have lots fine lines.

Sigh... I think mine is going to be a big job on my face.

Thanks

Hi Shan,

You did Lipo with Nara Last year? How was the results? Is it obvious after lipo's done, i.e drop one or two dress size? Does it still look good now? I'm going to him In Nov for Lipo as well... still looking to buy compression garments, any advise where to get not so expensive ones?

Have you book your appointment with Nara? The waiting list is pretty long... I wish you good luck in overhauling your face this year and hope you"ll be happy with the results :)

v0018622
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 09 Aug 2010

nara appointment

Postby v0018622 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:31 pm

My mum and i want to go to Dr Nara. I called the clinic , the burse sayid earliest date is nov , then i go on asking her about how to book and she totally cannot understand :shock:

Can some kind people here share how to make booking and how much deposit is required ?

User avatar
moochi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 15 Jul 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Re: nara appointment

Postby moochi » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 8:39 pm

v0018622 wrote:My mum and i want to go to Dr Nara. I called the clinic , the burse sayid earliest date is nov , then i go on asking her about how to book and she totally cannot understand :shock:

Can some kind people here share how to make booking and how much deposit is required ?


Ask for Amy, she can understand English quite well. Ask her to book you on the available dates and pay 2000 baht deposit via paypal. Instructions can be found on their website.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest