Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Xiaoxuan
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 30 Jan 2009

Postby Xiaoxuan » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:14 pm

Dr Chi or Nara nose stitches are dissolvable? Or need to remove in e 5th day?

tf108
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby tf108 » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:46 pm

Hey aadvark, can you PM me your MSN? Need to chat with you on somethings, please. :)

jade168
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue, 27 Jul 2010

Re: am booked for tokai 8th April, now have doubts,

Postby jade168 » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:17 pm

aadvark

do u know dr putt website?

what is his review for BA n how much he charge?

magical
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010

Re: am booked for tokai 8th April, now have doubts,

Postby magical » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:14 am

jade168 wrote:aadvark

do u know dr putt website?

what is his review for BA n how much he charge?


If I'm not wrong...

I think Dr. Putt dont have website....

User avatar
turnerdhr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2009
Location: Holland Village

Airport Transfer

Postby turnerdhr » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:26 am

Hi to the Gurus here....

i have a quick question.

How far is the Hat Yai airport to town e.g. LEE GARDENS HOTEL?

How much does it cost for transportation and how long is the journey?

is there a bus or is cab quite reasonably priced?

CHEERS!
"Botox anyone?"

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Airport Transfer

Postby aadvark » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 1:16 am

turnerdhr wrote:Hi to the Gurus here....

i have a quick question.

How far is the Hat Yai airport to town e.g. LEE GARDENS HOTEL?

How much does it cost for transportation and how long is the journey?

is there a bus or is cab quite reasonably priced?

CHEERS!


it's a 20-min ride. prices are close to sg's
can just buy the taxi voucher from the airport counter if u dun feel safe
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
turnerdhr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2009
Location: Holland Village

Re: Airport Transfer

Postby turnerdhr » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 2:11 am

aadvark wrote:
turnerdhr wrote:Hi to the Gurus here....

i have a quick question.

How far is the Hat Yai airport to town e.g. LEE GARDENS HOTEL?

How much does it cost for transportation and how long is the journey?

is there a bus or is cab quite reasonably priced?

CHEERS!


it's a 20-min ride. prices are close to sg's
can just buy the taxi voucher from the airport counter if u dun feel safe


OK Thanks again aadvark........

going real soon so preparing now...
"Botox anyone?"

Xiaoxuan
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 30 Jan 2009

Postby Xiaoxuan » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 2:13 am

Xiaoxuan wrote:Dr Chi or Nara nose stitches are dissolvable? Or need to remove in e 5th day?


anyone knows???????

Vivigirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2009

Postby Vivigirl » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 3:35 am

Xiaoxuan wrote:
Xiaoxuan wrote:Dr Chi or Nara nose stitches are dissolvable? Or need to remove in e 5th day?


anyone knows???????


Yes for the stitches for rhino, I've seen the ones that my friend has and it will slowly dissolve as time passes and when you clean your wound, it sort rubs the stitches off. Even the normal stitches will slowly fall with the cleaning of the wound. Personally I find that having the doctor remove it kinda feels cleaner but it's also ok even if you prefer to wait till it dissolves.

Vivigirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2009

Re: Airport Transfer

Postby Vivigirl » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 2:18 pm

turnerdhr wrote:
aadvark wrote:
turnerdhr wrote:Hi to the Gurus here....

i have a quick question.

How far is the Hat Yai airport to town e.g. LEE GARDENS HOTEL?

How much does it cost for transportation and how long is the journey?

is there a bus or is cab quite reasonably priced?

CHEERS!


it's a 20-min ride. prices are close to sg's
can just buy the taxi voucher from the airport counter if u dun feel safe


OK Thanks again aadvark........

going real soon so preparing now...


You won't miss the taxi counter, it's right at the exit after you've cleared the customs. :)

thefashionmuse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu, 29 Jul 2010

Postby thefashionmuse » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 3:47 pm

Just had my rhinoplasty & botox done with Dr Nara from Hatyai.
Hope my experience shared here will be useful to some of you who are considering the options:


I arrived Hatyai the day before appointment date with my guy friend. It was a bumpy ride from Hatyai Intl Airport to our hotel Lee Gardens Plaza. I guess if you are picky about hotel, you should probably take up Lee Gardens Plaza (~50SGD/ night) or Novotel, since the rest looks more like motel or are extremely run down that I can't imagine how deteriorated the interior is. Room is alright (don't expect a 5 star standard though) and comes with a bath tub. Lee Gardens Plaza itself houses a shopping mall, KFC, Mac, Swensens, Boots & a cinema. Oh, there was this super yummy waffles stall as well - must try! Within walking distance from the hotel, there are alot of restaurants and massage/salon parlors which I didn't tried. We shopped at boots for bubble bath and scar gel, then settled at one of the seafood restaurants for dinner as a feast before operation. The 2 of us had DISGUSTINGLY HUGE fresh oyster + each bowl of shark fin soup + tom yum goong + fish + bbq squid + glass bottled coke for less than 50SGD each!!! Super cheap and satisfied!

Pre-op
Started taking the sinecch tablet (which is supposed to relieve bruising & swelling). I got it through a forumer's recommendation @ 58SGD/pack. The pack will last me till day 4. Our appt was at 11am but we were confused with the time difference and came in earlier when the clinic was still closed! #@*&^@*#& REMEMBER HARDWORKING THAI PEOPLE WORK AN HR EARLIER THAN US.
We were told to come in at 1pm instead as Dr Nara is not in yet. By 1pm, the clinic was already packed with people who are either there for consultation or surgery. It was close to 2hrs wait before we met Dr Nara for the 1st time. It wasn't much of a consultation, probably less than 3 mins. He's really a busy man. And btw, his speaks MUCH BETTER english than his nurses/recep. We were then given a 4.30pm appt for the procedure.
Btw, the clinic only accept payment by cash, so be prepared to pay for extra bank transaction fee when you withdraw from their ATMs.
When we came back to the clinic @ 4.30pm, it was again a long wait before it's our turn to get into the operation room. So be prepared to spend your entire day waiting at the clinic. I kept studying the thai girls who are Dr Nara's patient. Some of them really have weird looking features, I'm not sure if it's a blotch job or simply swelling after operation. I prayed I won't turn out like them!

Operation
My guy friend did his operation before me @ 6.20pm. I waited another 3 hrs or so for his rhinoplasty + blepharoplasty (double eyelid) to be completed! Then it was my turn. I was instructed to wash my face twice, put on the rode & hair cap and swallow an antibiotic pill.
Some forumers mentioned your hands will be tied up, it's true. Except it's not as scary it sounds. The nurses gently strapped my hands to the bed so I will not touch my face.
I had my botox on my jaw done 1st. Dr Nara made me clench my teeth to show me the jaw muscle that I can "soften" using botox. He asked me to use my hands to touch and honestly I felt there wasn't much to "lose". The needles poke like ant bites and can be painful certain times I nearly teared. In case you're wondering, botox (lasts 4-6mths) cost me 7500bht and rhinoplasty cost me 8000bht.
Next, he proceed with my nose job. I was getting nervous and everyone in the room was telling me not to be scared. I had slight though of backing out omg! I saw Dr Nara making measurements of the implant on my nose and making several markings. I was sedated and wasn't even aware that I had passed out until I regained conscious and could feel Dr Nara stitching up my nose. It definitely wasn't a pleasant thing to wake up to LOL. I freaked out a little but was sorta drowsy...Later, my friend told me he was much worse - he didn't fell asleep and was awake to witness the whole procedure!!! So scary! (Anyway, I shall not go into details of his procedures to spare you the terror.)
Once I'm all stitched up, we left the clinic and made our way back to our hotel which is about 5mins walk. We were prescribed with antibiotics, pain killers and a solution to clean our wound with. I had to hold a gauze under my nose to absorb the bloody discharge.

Day 1 Night
I cried immediately after walking out of the clinic. I look horrible. I kept whining that I look like "Avatar". My nose bridge connecting to my forehead look enormous and odd...like a bird??
I kept my head elevated through out the night and I couldn't sleep. My nose felt extremely sore and it was uncomfortable. After resting a couple of hours, we decided to walk to 7-11 to get some food since we didn't had proper dinner before the operation. I was nauseous and puked on my way back...I think it's a normal reaction from being sedated. Blood flows from my left nostril mostly, but it wasn't as gross as menses and bearable.

Day 2
I woke up in time for hotel breakfast. Surprisingly, I stopped having bloody discharge from my nose already. My nose felt the same soreness, and super duper oily but I can't wash my face. I had to clean my face with tissue wipes and also my nostril with the solution (5X/day) provided to prevent infection. Took my sinecch & antibiotics & vitamin C religiously. Made myself had some milk and pineapples (which is supposed to relieve bruises) even though I didn't have any appetite.
I helped my friend to remove the tape over his eyelid wound. It stings for him. I would say you can hide nose job behind a big specs or sunglasses but it's really obvious for double eyelid job due to the visible stitches, plus you are not allowed to wear contact lenses for a week.
We booked a taxi from the hotel service and made our way to airport for our flight back home.
I felt a little uneasy on the flight with aunties/uncles staring at both of us...
It doesn't help that I can't put on make up.
Home sweet home - I slept in the comfort of my own bed.
My mum noticed my face is swelling, I had to lie to her. =/

Day 3
The swelling persists of course. It now spreads to my eyes. I look like a freak. sad.gif
No obvious bruising, so I'm still lucky.
I can see the higher nose bridge Dr Nara has created with L shape implant but still find my nose fat/bulbous as it originally is. In fact, my nose is now bigger than it was before surgery. I hope the swelling is to blame....
In response to forumers commenting on Dr Nara's practice to be very natural..I can see so. The bridge compliments my forehead and chin.I just pray I won't have any extrusion or infection. However, for nose who want korean celeb looking nose, Dr Nara does not remove fats from the tip and hence impossible to create that super sharp and refined tip you want. I'm pretty happy with the bridge but not the tip.
I continue to wear my specs although my nose feels sore after awhile.

Day 4
I can't stop looking in the mirror. There isn't much changes still. The area around my nose is very tender.
ZERO visible bruising. I think the sinecch really really helped!!
I noticed light massages with your thumb and index finger as well as ice pack helped a tiny bit in reducing the swelling as well.
Starting to feel the effect from botox injection. My jawline is indeed slimmer and as warned by Dr Nara beforehand, I will get tired of chewing after a while for the 1st week.


Can't wait for the swelling to majorly go down so I can go out with my friends. For those who have done rhinoplasty, when will you see a drastic difference? I REALLY LOOK LIKE AVATAR NOW. Rahhhhhhh~
:???:
Share update you guys when I have progress!

User avatar
moochi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 15 Jul 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby moochi » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 4:04 pm

thefashionmuse wrote:Just had my rhinoplasty & botox done with Dr Nara from Hatyai.
Hope my experience shared here will be useful to some of you who are considering the options:


I arrived Hatyai the day before appointment date with my guy friend. It was a bumpy ride from Hatyai Intl Airport to our hotel Lee Gardens Plaza. I guess if you are picky about hotel, you should probably take up Lee Gardens Plaza (~50SGD/ night) or Novotel, since the rest looks more like motel or are extremely run down that I can't imagine how deteriorated the interior is. Room is alright (don't expect a 5 star standard though) and comes with a bath tub. Lee Gardens Plaza itself houses a shopping mall, KFC, Mac, Swensens, Boots & a cinema. Oh, there was this super yummy waffles stall as well - must try! Within walking distance from the hotel, there are alot of restaurants and massage/salon parlors which I didn't tried. We shopped at boots for bubble bath and scar gel, then settled at one of the seafood restaurants for dinner as a feast before operation. The 2 of us had DISGUSTINGLY HUGE fresh oyster + each bowl of shark fin soup + tom yum goong + fish + bbq squid + glass bottled coke for less than 50SGD each!!! Super cheap and satisfied!

Pre-op
Started taking the sinecch tablet (which is supposed to relieve bruising & swelling). I got it through a forumer's recommendation @ 58SGD/pack. The pack will last me till day 4. Our appt was at 11am but we were confused with the time difference and came in earlier when the clinic was still closed! #@*&^@*#& REMEMBER HARDWORKING THAI PEOPLE WORK AN HR EARLIER THAN US.
We were told to come in at 1pm instead as Dr Nara is not in yet. By 1pm, the clinic was already packed with people who are either there for consultation or surgery. It was close to 2hrs wait before we met Dr Nara for the 1st time. It wasn't much of a consultation, probably less than 3 mins. He's really a busy man. And btw, his speaks MUCH BETTER english than his nurses/recep. We were then given a 4.30pm appt for the procedure.
Btw, the clinic only accept payment by cash, so be prepared to pay for extra bank transaction fee when you withdraw from their ATMs.
When we came back to the clinic @ 4.30pm, it was again a long wait before it's our turn to get into the operation room. So be prepared to spend your entire day waiting at the clinic. I kept studying the thai girls who are Dr Nara's patient. Some of them really have weird looking features, I'm not sure if it's a blotch job or simply swelling after operation. I prayed I won't turn out like them!

Operation
My guy friend did his operation before me @ 6.20pm. I waited another 3 hrs or so for his rhinoplasty + blepharoplasty (double eyelid) to be completed! Then it was my turn. I was instructed to wash my face twice, put on the rode & hair cap and swallow an antibiotic pill.
Some forumers mentioned your hands will be tied up, it's true. Except it's not as scary it sounds. The nurses gently strapped my hands to the bed so I will not touch my face.
I had my botox on my jaw done 1st. Dr Nara made me clench my teeth to show me the jaw muscle that I can "soften" using botox. He asked me to use my hands to touch and honestly I felt there wasn't much to "lose". The needles poke like ant bites and can be painful certain times I nearly teared. In case you're wondering, botox (lasts 4-6mths) cost me 7500bht and rhinoplasty cost me 8000bht.
Next, he proceed with my nose job. I was getting nervous and everyone in the room was telling me not to be scared. I had slight though of backing out omg! I saw Dr Nara making measurements of the implant on my nose and making several markings. I was sedated and wasn't even aware that I had passed out until I regained conscious and could feel Dr Nara stitching up my nose. It definitely wasn't a pleasant thing to wake up to LOL. I freaked out a little but was sorta drowsy...Later, my friend told me he was much worse - he didn't fell asleep and was awake to witness the whole procedure!!! So scary! (Anyway, I shall not go into details of his procedures to spare you the terror.)
Once I'm all stitched up, we left the clinic and made our way back to our hotel which is about 5mins walk. We were prescribed with antibiotics, pain killers and a solution to clean our wound with. I had to hold a gauze under my nose to absorb the bloody discharge.

Day 1 Night
I cried immediately after walking out of the clinic. I look horrible. I kept whining that I look like "Avatar". My nose bridge connecting to my forehead look enormous and odd...like a bird??
I kept my head elevated through out the night and I couldn't sleep. My nose felt extremely sore and it was uncomfortable. After resting a couple of hours, we decided to walk to 7-11 to get some food since we didn't had proper dinner before the operation. I was nauseous and puked on my way back...I think it's a normal reaction from being sedated. Blood flows from my left nostril mostly, but it wasn't as gross as menses and bearable.

Day 2
I woke up in time for hotel breakfast. Surprisingly, I stopped having bloody discharge from my nose already. My nose felt the same soreness, and super duper oily but I can't wash my face. I had to clean my face with tissue wipes and also my nostril with the solution (5X/day) provided to prevent infection. Took my sinecch & antibiotics & vitamin C religiously. Made myself had some milk and pineapples (which is supposed to relieve bruises) even though I didn't have any appetite.
I helped my friend to remove the tape over his eyelid wound. It stings for him. I would say you can hide nose job behind a big specs or sunglasses but it's really obvious for double eyelid job due to the visible stitches, plus you are not allowed to wear contact lenses for a week.
We booked a taxi from the hotel service and made our way to airport for our flight back home.
I felt a little uneasy on the flight with aunties/uncles staring at both of us...
It doesn't help that I can't put on make up.
Home sweet home - I slept in the comfort of my own bed.
My mum noticed my face is swelling, I had to lie to her. =/

Day 3
The swelling persists of course. It now spreads to my eyes. I look like a freak. sad.gif
No obvious bruising, so I'm still lucky.
I can see the higher nose bridge Dr Nara has created with L shape implant but still find my nose fat/bulbous as it originally is. In fact, my nose is now bigger than it was before surgery. I hope the swelling is to blame....
In response to forumers commenting on Dr Nara's practice to be very natural..I can see so. The bridge compliments my forehead and chin.I just pray I won't have any extrusion or infection. However, for nose who want korean celeb looking nose, Dr Nara does not remove fats from the tip and hence impossible to create that super sharp and refined tip you want. I'm pretty happy with the bridge but not the tip.
I continue to wear my specs although my nose feels sore after awhile.

Day 4
I can't stop looking in the mirror. There isn't much changes still. The area around my nose is very tender.
ZERO visible bruising. I think the sinecch really really helped!!
I noticed light massages with your thumb and index finger as well as ice pack helped a tiny bit in reducing the swelling as well.
Starting to feel the effect from botox injection. My jawline is indeed slimmer and as warned by Dr Nara beforehand, I will get tired of chewing after a while for the 1st week.


Can't wait for the swelling to majorly go down so I can go out with my friends. For those who have done rhinoplasty, when will you see a drastic difference? I REALLY LOOK LIKE AVATAR NOW. Rahhhhhhh~
:???:
Share update you guys when I have progress!



Sorry to side track here abit but PLEASE PPLE DO NOT EAT SHARK FINS...
It is a very sad and cruel trade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfxvfBONcWQ&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UKgLsOhRM

Anyway good job for the detail posting about your experiance... *thumbs up* Hope you recover nicely and are happy with the changes made!

Xiaoxuan
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 30 Jan 2009

Postby Xiaoxuan » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 4:15 pm

Do all vomit after their surgery? =/

mint_leaf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed, 09 Jun 2010

Postby mint_leaf » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 5:11 pm

Hi the famousmuse,

Can I check if the swelling on your nose is really very bad ? As in does it turn blue-black that is very visible by day 3 ? Cos my rhino will be on tue and I want to be back to SG on friday. Afraid of questionings / stares by unknown pple..

Thanks !!

thefashionmuse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu, 29 Jul 2010

Postby thefashionmuse » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 5:25 pm

mint_leaf wrote:Hi the famousmuse,

Can I check if the swelling on your nose is really very bad ? As in does it turn blue-black that is very visible by day 3 ? Cos my rhino will be on tue and I want to be back to SG on friday. Afraid of questionings / stares by unknown pple..

Thanks !!


I think my swelling is alot better compared to other pics I saw online and I had ZERO bruising till now (Day4). I think it's really dependent on individual. My swelling is most noticeable at the top before the bridge which is why I said I look like Avatar/bird. I read that swelling will move down day by day.

Are u doing with Nara as well? He hides the stitches well for rhino, not visible.
You can cover swelling with specs and bruises with concealer if you're shy of questions/stares.
I would advise u to go back to work only one week later when stitches are removed. I'll be removing my stitches on the day of your surgery LOL! Will keep you posted. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests