- easier removal ( thouigh not perfect, and removal can cause severe complications )
- does not grow into tissue hence less trauma if removal indicated.
- less down time and faster recovery of 3 months.
- option of intra-oral or extra-oral incision
- biocompatibile, and little infection risk, etc.
- protensity to shift over time
- non-natural nature sometimes depending on subperiosteal/supraperiosteal placement
- in cases of subperiosteal placement esp, silicone implant can erode the bone and cause your profoile to weaker over time.
all patient shd be educated about risks before every surgery